He's lacking some important things

When I think of someone attracting, I think of a mysterious guy. Someone more serious,quiet and confident that everyone respects. Someone who didn't show his true self to almost anyone, only his friends. To me, that would make a lot more interesting to be one them or his girlfriend.

To attract me even more, I'd like him to know about films, series and he would have to be into metal and play the guitar or be the vocalist of some band (I know, I know. I'm being a bit demanding :laugh:) Metal is a big part of my life and having a partner who really enjoys it too is really important to me.

Physically, what attracts me the most are tall, brunette, bearded men with deep voices. I'm not very fond of the abs guy from the magazines and television, so to me it's good if they're heavier than I am. I don't even mind if they're chubby. I prefer that to skinny.

So now that I've described my ideal guy, let me say that my boyfriend, of what I've described, just knows about films, series, he's tall and brunette. He does not like metal, he has no bead (hey, it's important so as to make him look older, ok? :laugh:) and he's lighter than I am. A thing that I really don't like about him is the fact of he being childish. He acts and talks sometimes like a kid. He sometimes even talks in a squeaky voice when he's being affectionate to me. I know he's kidding when he does this things (except for the last one), but it always make me a little uncomfortable and turned off. He's almost the opposite of that quiet, serious and respectful guy I want. He is also a little childish in what refers to having fights. He ignores and mocks me while i'm trying to solve a problem, but I think that now he already knows that he should not do that.

Other than this, he's a very good person and he loves me very much and has no problems showing it. I love him and his hugs, kisses and so on too, but every time we fight, all this things that I've always felt that lack him, become even more evident and make me wan't to call it off. He's 17 going on 18 in a month, btw.

For example, his brother has all the qualities I like :( instead he's not that mysterious, he's very popular among the metal and punkheads in our hometown and instead of liking metal he likes punk. He's a bit older. He has 22. I find myself thinking more about how attractive he is than my boyfriend! It makes me feel horrible.

I know for a fact that I've always felt attracted to older men. I never really liked anyone of my age or just a bit older. I only started dating my boyfriend because he kinda convinced me to, and I eventually started liking him that way.

Should I do something? Should I just wait for him to grow or should I just assume that this is simply the way he is? Am I being shallow? :(

Sorry for the long post o:

by the sound of things im assuming your still pretty young. with so many many negative qualities why stay? if your not thinking of marriage with him somewhere down the line then theres no point in wasting time. he will mature eventually but that still wont make him have the qualities you seek. explore whats out there. you only have one life to live you should always live to the fullest. and dont go after big bro thats too messy just keep dreaming and keep it moving. on to the next one is my opinion.

Ok, love can be frustrating for the young and old. No one can convince you to be with them. Obviously you wanted to be with him. Search your heart and figure it out. If you find he's not for you, then break it off you're not doing him or yourself any favors. Everyone just wants to be loved for who they are. Good luck!

He's 17. He's a boy, not a man. Are you a little older? You should just let him go to just be friends and enjoy being young. If you want to date men, wait a few years until you're older yourself and date men. I have a 17 year old daughter myself, and she has never dated yet. She's pretty and blonde and petite, but more focused on school and grades, and didn't even want to go to the prom. In a way, I'm glad because dating can cause so much emotional drama and heartache in high school, especially for a shy and sensitive teen.

I'm thinking more of this boy's feelings, and your expectations of him.