Is it okay for a doctor to do this?

Hi!!! I guess this might seem a little weird, but I have to know if it is normal. I recently went to the doctor, but my regular doctor was gone, so I saw this other doctor. He was like listening with the stethoscope thing, and when he went around to the front, there was some "touching" of my boobs. And I didn't think much of it. I had to go back the next day, and he did it again, but his hand went inside my bra... It kinda freaked me out. Is this a normal thing that happens to other people?

Patiently waiting

it's only normal if his hand was holding the stethoscope in place on your chest. No touching bare handed should have occurred unless he was your Ob/gyn and checking for changes in your breast tissue. I would advise calling the ethics board to find out if exactly what he was doing was in fact normal. What was the nature of your visit?

P.S. Wasn't there a nurse in the room also?????

Not sure. It sounds as if he may have been out of line. Get your courage up and ASK next time where he will be touching you, and why. Or ask for a chaperone. Or ask your regular doctor whether what this one did was right. Sadly, there are more than a few abusive MDs out there.

If he was checking your breasts for lumps etc...maybe...

But, it sounds like you were uncomfortable and not expecting it. I agree with everyone else, ask your regular md and ask for someone to be in the room. There are some real creeps out there practicing medicine.