A chance in love and I lost it

raspberry.12

Hi

Unsure where to post this thread so I posted here.

A few years ago, my wedding was cancelled. I was hopeless and of course didn't want to be in any relationship as the pain was still there.

4 months later, there were 2 guys who had crushes on me and both of them told me that they wanted to be with me, started relationship with me.

One guy (called him A) I knew it a year back and one guy (called him B) I got introduced by a friend.

For some reasons or stupid me, I somehow had more feeling for A than B, even though comparing jobs/age/personality, the B guy was better.

Also, the A guy knew me and my previously relationship plus my cancelled wedding so he said he understood me, wanted to take care of me blah blah blah.

A month later I chose the A guy that I had more feeling for, we started going out for a month, however, I needed to take business trip intertstate for 3 weeks and during that 3 weeks, there was little to no contact from him (the guy I chose), and later on I found out from Facebook that he had another girl . They took photos together. I confronted him and he admitted due to some reasons, he couldn't be with me anymore blah blah blah.

I was so angry and I felt I was left behind another time. So I decided I didn't want to be in any relationship as my trust for guys went back to Zero again.

The B was still asking me out, and I decided to tell him that I didn't want to be in love anymore (I didn't say the reason: previous cancelled wedding plus this new guy), I just said it was my own issue and couldn't get over it and hope we could still be friends. He said all right and he was nice to me.

Then I had all the other family issues that I needed to solve so I lost contact with the B guy about 7 months. When I had everything under control and my feeling back to normal (to be able to start new relationship) I contacted the B guy again and we chatted as friends, I found out he had his girlfriend already, which made me a bit sad. But it was my fault back then, I didn't accept him.

He just got married last month. I felt happy for him and as the same time, I felt sorry for myself as I had chance to be happily married or with someone who was willing to take care of me but I missed the chance.

About the A guy, also 6 months later, he came back and said he and that girl broke up but to me, no more chance for him. I ignored all comms from him completely. I didn't even want to be his friend.

I'm having hard feeling plus regret as to why I didn't think about the B guy before. Or maybe it's just my personal sake that if I accepted him last time, I would be the bride again.

I'm feeling so bad and just want to share here.

Just because B married the woman he dated after you rejected him, doesn't mean you & he would have made it down the aisle.

In fact at the time you met A & B you weren't really ready for a new relationship. You were still grieving the loss of your relationship / engagement.

Take the fact that you attracted both A & B shows that you can attract me. The fact that B got married shows you attract substantial guys. Those are positive things. Now that time has passed, you are healthier, you can move forward. Hang on to that.

I've had a similar experience.

I went on a couple dates with Girl A who was marriage material, really had her **** together, she was cute and funny and very affectionate. She really had the hots for me, we worked together at Target, and when I asked her out she quit and told me later that she was telling herself for a long time that if I had ever asked her out she would finally quit working there (she had another full time M-F 9-5 job).

Then there was Girl B who was a trainwreck and had baggage galore, but she was smoking hot, huge boobs, and liked to party.

Guess what I did at young 22? Yup... Went for Girl B. Then afterwards Girl A dated another guy and they JUST got married recently -_- lol

As for Girl B, ended up being nothing but games and bull****, and eventually found out she was cheating on me.

I can relate OP.

Edited by barcode88