Concerned over my GF and her parents

Been going out with her got almost year now and I love her and all but anytime we're with her parents I'm just so embarrassed. I only been with them 4 or 5 times. It's not that they embarrass me or nasty to me. Her dad is really nice and he really likes me. I think he's awesome and funny however her and her mom not same. They get on him everything he says. Literally. He says "food is great" or let's waiter know and her mom goes crazy lol. My GF does too but not as bad. We were at a fancy place other night and my god o was cringing and turning away BC I was so embarrassed. I'm not going to say anything bad to my gf obviously about her mom but I did mention something about her dad and my gf to my gf. I just said jokingly why are you so mean to him and she just said how annoying he is. Idk lol it was just really embarrassing more so her mothers actions. It's not like she has daddy issues where she hates him and doesn't talk it just seems they both get annoyed by him. Anyone have experience with stuff like this?

purplesorrow
Been going out with her got almost year now and I love her and all but anytime we're with her parents I'm just so embarrassed. I only been with them 4 or 5 times. It's not that they embarrass me or nasty to me. Her dad is really nice and he really likes me. I think he's awesome and funny however her and her mom not same. They get on him everything he says. Literally. He says "food is great" or let's waiter know and her mom goes crazy lol. My GF does too but not as bad. We were at a fancy place other night and my god o was cringing and turning away BC I was so embarrassed. I'm not going to say anything bad to my gf obviously about her mom but I did mention something about her dad and my gf to my gf. I just said jokingly why are you so mean to him and she just said how annoying he is. Idk lol it was just really embarrassing more so her mothers actions. It's not like she has daddy issues where she hates him and doesn't talk it just seems they both get annoyed by him. Anyone have experience with stuff like this?

Ummmm, if she does to her dad, you're just in line for your turn!

• Like 1
  • Author

The future I guess so you can tell a lot by how a mother is. For right now though, she doesn't do that to me at all and I have balls and wouldn't take any of the crap her dad takes.

• Like 1
purplesorrow
The future I guess so you can tell a lot by how a mother is. For right now though, she doesn't do that to me at all and I have balls and wouldn't take any of the crap her dad takes.

That right there could make all of the difference.

Have you ever calmly talked to your GF about how you feel when out with her family?

Some families are sarcastic. They might not realize they are doing it.

You can't change their family dynamic but it does make me wonder if your GF would try to treat you like that.

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you ever calmly talked to your GF about how you feel when out with her family?

Some families are sarcastic. They might not realize they are doing it.

You can't change their family dynamic but it does make me wonder if your GF would try to treat you like that.

They're def not sarcastic. The mother is completely embarrassing and if the other night happens again like that I'll have to tell my GF more in depth. Her dad is so nice he doesn't do anything that renders that type of treatment. My gf really isn't that bad it's more so her mother but that's s concern too.

toolforgrowth

This right here.

My xWW has a bad relationship with her father, and her other ex husband before me would slap her sometimes. I got the brunt of her hatred towards men when we got married, and I was the one who treated her really well.

Since she has daddy issues, she also had her affair with a guy in his 40's at the age of 29.

I would tread very lightly here. You are glimpsing into your possible future here.

Whether you have the balls or not to stand up to this behavior, it will come on your plate some day. Consider this character flaw thoroughly, and decide whether it is worth dealing with when it comes your way. If she is able to do this to her dad, well, she can act as such towards anyone right? Good luck!

• Author
Whether you have the balls or not to stand up to this behavior, it will come on your plate some day. Consider this character flaw thoroughly, and decide whether it is worth dealing with when it comes your way. If she is able to do this to her dad, well, she can act as such towards anyone right? Good luck!

Other times it wasn't too bad but other night my god I wanted to just get up and leave and tell her dad to grow some lol. It's like her dad can't even have a convo or say anything without her mother flipping out. He's so friendly and nice. It's disgusting. I'll see what happens next time if it's same stuff I'm going to have to say something to my GF how uncomfortable I am at dinners.

I'm afraid she will model after her mother's behavior and think it's totally normal to treat men and people in general that way. So I'd be hesitant to do anything long-term with her. I would call attention to each and every time she does it and tell her it's not normal to berate people and that that behavior is worse than his small behavior they say bothers them. It's much worse. Maybe you'll be the person to make her understand it's bad. But that kind of stuff can be engrained, so I wouldn't marry it.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

This is ridiculous her Dad does nothing wrong. Thankfully i've been telling my GF to be nicer to her Dad and other day she seemed to listen and was but her mother, again. I can not stand being around her. I feel so sorry for her father. Yelled at dinner twice and just gets annoyed at everything he says. I don't know if it's marriage issues or not, it's not of my business, but I need to say something to my GF immediately. I think she knows how uncomfortable I feel because other night she told her mom to stop when she yelled and she put her hand on my lap. I proceeded to excuse my self to the bathroom as I was embarrassed. What can I say to her? If she gets mad at me for saying something about her mother, I honestly do not care, she needs too, if she already doesn't realize, that what her mother is doing to her father is not right, especially with a guest in public. Be an ass to him in private or w/e, but do not make scenes in public with me there. God, I wish I could just talk to the father and tell him to stand up for himself, he loves me lol.