Should i contact him?

I usually refrain from dwelling on such things but i'm in a bit of an excited mood so i will indulge this once...

There's a guy i've known since we were kids, nice friends for years until we both went our ways and have no communication at this point. I consider my self to be straight,but as a male he's the one guy who's ever consistently attracted me.

As it turns out, about 4 years ago i contacted him to catch up (latter high school years) and since there was perhaps a mutual sexual tension, there was a time when we sent each other Adult video links(straight videos) and i asked him if he would find it weird if we were to stimulate together to such delights (but i didnt actually imply bodily contact)and he said he wouldnt,he actually told me that he would "b^%w" me if i wanted, and after that we didnt have much contact, nothing negative happened, just nothing happened.

For years ive stopped my self from sending him a friend request on a social network as a way to avoid possibly entering or facing certain situations or consequences, but sometimes when i get "excited" i do think of him as a casual by thought.

As it turns out, i actually feel like contacting him and talking to him "for old times sake". He was always a nice guy and still is apparently, a good friend back in the day, i can imagine entering in conversation like we did before, and maybe i would agree in indulging in something if i had more liberty and wasnt so introverted.

Should i contact him and just half some fun, or should i be careful and avoid dipping my toes in the swimming pool? i think i definitely would if i had more independence.

Edited by zonador

You're sort of experimenting and not everyone wants to be experimented on, particularly when they have ties going way back like that. If the guy could have any feelings, then his odds of getting hurt are high here because you're saying you're heterosexual and he's going to know it all has to be secret. Honestly if I was wanting to experiment, I'd probably not do it that close to home in case it failed miserably.

Thats kind of a generic question so to speak. How can someone else tell you whether you want to do something or not? Thats like if I had steak in fridge, and I asked someone "Should I eat that steak today or not"?

Are you afraid of rejection? Whats keeping you from making a move?

• Author
You're sort of experimenting and not everyone wants to be experimented on, particularly when they have ties going way back like that. If the guy could have any feelings, then his odds of getting hurt are high here because you're saying you're heterosexual and he's going to know it all has to be secret. Honestly if I was wanting to experiment, I'd probably not do it that close to home in case it failed miserably.

Thats kind of a generic question so to speak. How can someone else tell you whether you want to do something or not? Thats like if I had steak in fridge, and I asked someone "Should I eat that steak today or not"?

Are you afraid of rejection? Whats keeping you from making a move?

@Male, i should have been more explicit, what's keeping me away is the fact that i am nor independent nor outgoing, i'd say i'm more introverted than most. What this translates to is a bit of an inability from my part to tackle things with more liberty, and so i feel i'd have to step into a bit of light, something that'd be easier if i lived in my own place considering what i consider to be my context.

@preraph, You are right, one should try to be sensitive as to what other people might think and/or feel. I can say that he is far more extroverted than i am, i think he's Bi as he actually went out with quite a number of girls i myself liked back in the day, and he also was more declarative in that exchange i described. That's another thing about not wanting to experiment, because i wouldnt want things to get either serious or known, part of my thinking of talking with him is because i have a perception that he's a good guy who wouldnt cause negativity for me, but who knows.

It's worth noting that whenever i do think about this i tend to be in an noted exited mood where i wander on about ideas of him introducing me to females and having fun, etc, etc.

Edited by zonador