Falling Out of Love

How soon or how long has it taken you to fall out of love with someone?

After you have fallen out of love were you ever able to get it back again?

How soon or how long has it taken you to fall out of love with someone?

Did you and your gf break up?

• Author

Yeah, last night. The emotional instability or what ever you want to call it was too much for me.

I'm really thinking this was a once in a lifetime thing and it was that great - most of the time. The roller coaster of emotions was confusing, draining and too much.

Ugh sorry, Otter, you knew it was coming.

Just move forward, the drama isn't worth your health.

Emotional ones like her make up for it in the bedroom. Great sex can only take you so far....

Good luck!

Yeah, last night. The emotional instability or what ever you want to call it was too much for me.

I'm really thinking this was a once in a lifetime thing and it was that great - most of the time. The roller coaster of emotions was confusing, draining and too much.

I'm sorry to hear that.

There is no connection between this and your... explorations/experimentations, I assume?

The only time I was really 'head over heels' for someone (so far) it took me a few weeks to get my feelings in check - due to circumstances I knew from the start we'd never be together - but he continued to be of interest for daydreams in class and endless hour-long staring (I was sitting a few rows behind him :o). After he finished school and got those neon-multi-colored piercings it took me about 2 seconds to fall out of love completely. He was also short-term-gay a few months ago before going back to his GF (who took him back; wow :lmao:).

Good guy turned bad boy turned loser. At least I pick interesting types apparently (from the psychological point of view)... :laugh:

• Like 1

nope.

how soon? hmm... not sure. i honestly didn't see it coming. we broke up but i thought i'll never stop loving him and when i finally realized that i don't feel anything for him anymore? a year passed from our divorce.

it's a super weird feeling. i remember being devastated when he dumped me & i loved him soooo, so much... today? i can't even remember how it felt being with him in the same room, let alone loving him. just the other day, i stumbled upon our wedding photos and it was like watching someone else's life. it's weird.

• Like 1
Good guy turned bad boy turned loser. At least I pick interesting types apparently (from the psychological point of view)... :laugh:

Nearly forgot; *loser not because of his homosexuality but because of how he handles himself among people these days. Sad, before the bully-people brainwashed him he seemed real nice.

• Author

Thanks guys. Sex three times a day on Monday and a set of 34DD's couldn't keep me from pulling the plug on Thursday.

No connection between the exploration post. We actually never got there. The MO lately is to have a break down one day then reconnect the next. We only see each other 3-4 days a week. No time for exploration with that crap going on.

autumnnight

First, I am sorry you broke up, but I also understand the emotional drain of drama.

I actually fought tooth and nail to stay in love. But both people have to give enough of a damn to try, and he didn't. I just didn't love him. And I wasn't about to go there again and set myself up for MORE pain.

It may take me a long time to be done. But once I'm done, that's it. Gate closed.

• Author

Autumn, I am the same way. I am gone before you realize I even left the room.

Admittedly I may be giving up easily but I have my own triggers (yelling, insecurity, instability) and her actions take me down with her. I have shared this with her too and it doesn't make a different. When she is upset she is like a bull in a china shop.

blackcat777

I think there are certain things people do... or fail to do... that slowly create the falling out of love sensation.

I think that's why it's so important to keep relationships vibrant and interesting as much as possible. Good communication should stave off silent resentment.

In the situation of a person having lots of head issues without addressing them... that will add a lot of chronic wear and tear to a relationship, if the person hasn't matured to the point of being able to self-reflect, cope with insecurities and triggers, etc.

I'm sorry you're going through a breakup, they always suck. Indulge yourself in some awesome hobbies and spoil yourself... you deserve it!

• Author

Black, you cant fix crazy! Better to find out now.

Ill be dammed if my parents and kids didn't think she walked on water. Oh well...only so much you can do.

autumnnight
Black, you cant fix crazy! Better to find out now.

Ill be dammed if my parents and kids didn't think she walked on water. Oh well...only so much you can do.

This is often the case because their relationship her is different from yours. I didn't want my husband to be a parent or son or buddy to me. I wanted him to be a HUSBAND. He wasn't.

• Author

Yeah they don't see all the "behind the scenes" stuff...probably better that they don't either...

Otter,

i'm sorry for your breakup. i don't really have anything new to tell you, you already know everything. just let the time do it's thing & do your best to move on with your life. you seem like a nice dude, someone better will for sure come along.

:)

• Author

Thanks Mimi, I am damn good (if I do say so myself - LOL) and I will not allow anyone to drag me down.

Admittedly I am easily influenced if there are good times to be had but I treat everyone with decency and respect...unless they deserve otherwise.

PrettyEmily77

Hey Otter

Very new to this forum but still wanted to say sorry it happened to you.

I fell crazy in love with an ex, broke up because there was far too much drama involved with dating him, neither could quite get over it because despite his drama (mainly emotional instability due to jealousy and being cheated on in the past) the feelings were still very much there.

Made the mistake of trying again since he promised he'd changed, we were deliriously happy for a few months and then guess what... yep, the drama came back in full force. Made it a lot easier for me not to want to get it back again, although part of me will always love him. He was just a hot emotional mess that was too much for me to handle.

• Author

Thanks Emily!

Funny how a few nice words from people you have never met can make a big difference :)

For months we have been trying to work on how we treat each other during stressful times. I know I was definitely making an effort but the more I tried the more it seemed like it wasnt making a difference and that sucked.

Looking back she had been cheated on by her ex husband, was in a ****ty relationship after that and has bouts of depression. She also doesn't have any close relationships with her friends or family. Going forward I need to do a better job screening this stuff out :D

PrettyEmily77
Thanks Emily!

Funny how a few nice words from people you have never met can make a big difference :)

For months we have been trying to work on how we treat each other during stressful times. I know I was definitely making an effort but the more I tried the more it seemed like it wasnt making a difference and that sucked.

Looking back she had been cheated on by her ex husband, was in a ****ty relationship after that and has bouts of depression. She also doesn't have any close relationships with her friends or family. Going forward I need to do a better job screening this stuff out :D

No worries!

Not easy to screen this stuff out when feelings are involved though, in my experience :). At least you've tried... Onwards and upwards! :)

• Author

OMFG did I make the right move by getting out of that relationship!

This morning she starts texting me. As usual I share my honest feelings about why I pulled back and as usual the puts her own spin on it and we go into the circular conversation: me trying to get my point across and her blaming me for everything under the sun. The harder I try to explain and reach her the crazier it gets...GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

• Like 1
OMFG did I make the right move by getting out of that relationship!

This morning she starts texting me. As usual I share my honest feelings about why I pulled back and as usual the puts her own spin on it and we go into the circular conversation: me trying to get my point across and her blaming me for everything under the sun. The harder I try to explain and reach her the crazier it gets...GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

I think you were dating my ex wife.

Oh no, wait, there was sex. Must have been someone else. :)

• Like 1