Define Creepy

Me_plus_who

This term is ofter used derogatorily by females when referring to a male. I don't remember the last time i've heard a guy use the term, perhaps when quoting a female.

most_distant_galaxy

I think it's someone with weird or inappropriate body language. For example, someone who stares in your eyes for 5 minutes with blank expression and without blinking. Or someone who touches you intimately out of nowhere. Or someone who smiles with their mouth but not with their eyes and keeps that smile for a long time until they suddenly change their expression to a serious one. That kind of thing.

• Like 1

Personal space invasion by a male or female always creeps me up. Leering can do so too (and is different than a warm smile). What creeps one person out migt not creep someone else out. What one person does deemed creepy might not be seen the same by another person doing it.

And then there is stalking, building shrines, over the top staring, ect. All these things can be creepy done by a guy or girl.

• Like 3

Well, then obviously you haven't watched "The Middle" and heard Axel talk about his creepy prom date.

There are some creepy women. It's not normally as big of an issue since women commit only 20% of all violent crimes, compared to men. So men just don't have to worry as much if a woman goes creepy and won't take no for an answer and is lurking around. Most homicides and rapes are preceded by some form of stalking behavior, so any creeping around my men is a legitimate red flag and no woman should put up with any of that type of behavior.

• Like 1
endlessabyss
No, we don't refer to males as creepy.

We refer to their creepy behaviour, as creepy.

This is the ultimate lie lmao.

I work in a female dominated office, and I hear them talk about labeling a guy creepy for all sorts of reasons, outside of behavior.

It honestly is some sort of defense mechanism, or a way to hurt someone's ego. I don't even know why guys take it seriously when a woman calls them creepy; it doesn't have a true meaning when they say it.

• Like 2
DukeNukem47
This term is ofter used derogatorily by females when referring to a male. I don't remember the last time i've heard a guy use the term, perhaps when quoting a female.

Creepy: Any man that shows interest in a woman whom she is not interested in.

• Like 5
This is the ultimate lie lmao.

I work in a female dominated office, and I hear them talk about labeling a guy creepy for all sorts of reasons, outside of behavior.

It honestly is some sort of defense mechanism, or a way to hurt someone's ego.

Yes of course that happens.

But many people always have a tendency to focus on the negatives and use that to define an entire group of people. It must be exhuasting.

• Like 1
Creepy: Anything a guy does when the woman finds him unattractive.

Creepy: Any man that shows interest in a woman whom she is not interested in.

Oh you guys are so clever

• Like 2
Oh you guys are so clever

It's actually true in a lot of cases. If a handsome guy approaches a woman she'll be blushing & laughing, but if it's some unattractive guy she'll be creeped out & unsettled. Didn't you read the one post from someone on here where they seen a man get chased after by a woman since she thought he was ugly?

• Like 6
DukeNukem47

LOL I didn't even see this. Just read the initial post and commented.

You, sir, are a very observant and smart man!

• Like 1
endlessabyss
Yes of course that happens.

But many people always have a tendency to focus on the negatives and use that to define an entire group of people. It must be exhuasting.

Wtf? haha

C'mon girl.

autumnnight

Here are things I have found or would find creepy:

A man who seems to turn up everywhere I am, loudly breathing through his mouth

A man who has never met me, calling me baby with a wink and a leer

A man who refers to all women as "chicks" or "females"

A man who asks you out, you politely tell him no (regardless of the reason), and he tries to pin you down with "well would you say/have said yes if X...Y...Z?"

A man who calls his "man part" by a name like "Bob" or "Little Greg" on a first date

A man who tracks your IP address

A man who follows you around the internet and takes screen shots of everything you post when he has never met you

• Like 3
endlessabyss
Here are things I have found or would find creepy:

A man who seems to turn up everywhere I am, loudly breathing through his mouth

A man who has never met me, calling me baby with a wink and a leer

A man who asks you out, you politely tell him no (regardless of the reason), and he tries to pin you down with "well would you say/have said yes if X...Y...Z?"

A man who calls his "man part" by a name like "Bob" or "Little Greg" on a first date

A man who tracks your IP address

A man who follows you around the internet and takes screen shots of everything you post when he has never met you

Well dog gone it!!

I'm creepy than lol.

• Like 1

I think the OP is concerned about what constitutes "creepy" when it comes to women.

Well, I think I'm "creepy" at times.

-Like when I check out guys with good/nice bodies at the gym and/or running on a trail or something. I don't ogle, but I'll sneak a stare in. I also "stare" at guys I'm attracted to - to the point where sometimes I am not paying attention to what they are saying.

-I think getting horny over characters like Matthew Goodie in Stoker is just creepy. There was a scene in the movie where the girl he was creeping on saw him do something creepy, but she still went home and masturbated it the shower. I can identify with her being turned on by something she "shouldn't" be turned on about.

-My recent crush is an example of a woman being perceived as creepy when she does things about/towards a guy who is not attracted to and/or interested in her. :( I'm so disgusted and creeped out by myself. I want to just forget about him already. :( I want to cry.

• Like 3
It's actually true in a lot of cases. If a handsome guy approaches a woman she'll be blushing & laughing, but if it's some unattractive guy she'll be creeped out & unsettled. Didn't you read the one post from someone on here where they seen a man get chased after by a woman since she thought he was ugly?

https://screen.yahoo.com/sexual-harassment-000000677.html

It's funny because it's true

• Like 3
autumnnight

I know I'm creepy sometimes. But really, who doesn't love a fake severed zombie arm in the salad bar? Lighten up people!

• Like 1

I have been perceived as creepy before. I have even been accused of stalking in the past, believe it or not. Not that I can't admit that there were things that I did that are considered as such, but at least I recognized such acts as bad and I tried to own up my errors. However, most of the time, my "creepy" behavior is perceived the wrong way and in the end, it's a misunderstanding.

I don't follow women around, nor do I really stare. I have made glances here and there, but I never start drooling nor do I ever have my eyes glued onto a woman at long periods of time.

I think it's true about what some people have said. If a guy was handsome, then maybe a girl might give such behavior a pass despite how creepy it actually is. Sure, there maybe some arguments about how even if a guy is handsome, it doesn't mean that he would give off an unsettling vibe, but try watching some romantic comedies and tell me that the male lead's behavior is not creepy. I have seen some movies where the guy lies to the girl he likes, follows her everywhere, forces himself in some situations where she is in or even camping out in front of her house, the list goes on. In the end, the guy and the girl end up together. Why? Because the girl found that his unsettling behavior is "sweet and romantic," which makes me roll my eyes.

I have read some articles online where a stalker's behavior is just that, creepy. Following a girl home, finding out her number without her knowledge or if she doesn't know the guy well, if at all, and also coming by her house late at night. You can't tell me that behavior isn't creepy, but even if a guy is handsome, his good looks would not excuse his behavior. I would be uncomfortable if something like that happened to me, even if a girl is attractive.

I have seen some cartoons that have a guy just asking a girl out, plain and simple, and she accuses him of sexual harassment. Does that mean that even just plain interacting with a woman can be perceived as creepy?

Or someone who smiles with their mouth but not with their eyes and keeps that smile for a long time until they suddenly change their expression to a serious one.

I can think of men and women I have encountered who do this and I agree it is creepy. Or unsettling at least.

One guy in particular... he was a 30 something divorced guy trying to get back on the scene and he was completely lost. I would've felt sorry for him and tried to help him if he didn't think he was somehow a ladies' man or a player. One of those guys that never talked to a girl unless she was with one of the other guys, nor did you ever see him with a girl of his own...

I try to be precise in my terminology when I feel it's needed, I guess I'm creepy.

Yeah, there are truly creepy people out there but women often use the term casually to refer to any unwanted approach or advance. It is just another example of how casually women disrespect men on a daily basis.

Having people stalking you on the internet, now that is creepy! Happened to me not long ago.

• Like 3
Yeah, there are truly creepy people out there but women often use the term casually to refer to any unwanted approach or advance. It is just another example of how casually women disrespect men on a daily basis.

Pretty much like slut slaming done on a daily basis by SOME men.

I've heard guys use the term creepy. Usually to apply to someone who is creepy.

Sometimes creepy is just a gut reaction. And we are told never to ognore our guts.

However, if a woman is just throwing the word creepy out because the guy isn't attractive I would say that is probably more teenage behaviour. Haven't had much experience with grown woman doing so.

• Like 2

Sometimes creepy is just a gut reaction. And we are told never to ognore our guts.

However, if a woman is just throwing the word creepy out because the guy isn't attractive I would say that is probably more teenage behaviour. Haven't had much experience with grown woman doing so.

The difference is that most men don't refer to women as sluts. But women treating men like pariahs is extremely common. I think this happens in part because women have been psyched out by the media - the threat from the average man is highly exaggerated.

insert_name
No, we don't refer to males as creepy.

We refer to their creepy behaviour, as creepy.

Its totally the reverse, someone like David Beckham (for example) could get away with odd behaviour that a less attractive man would get shamed for. I really dislike the word creep precisely because its used in such a disingenuous way. The man himself is judged on his status as opposed to his behaviour. The classic example of this is aggressive flirting/pursuing of women. If the guy is hot he can never be too forward in his approach whereas if the guy is unattractive he will have the cops called on him.

• Like 2

Having people stalking you on the internet, now that is creepy! Happened to me not long ago.

And, I think a lot of women feel the same way about guys who throw around "psycho" when it comes to women - especially when the guy does something that makes her go off the deep end.

• Like 1