Need assessment on my current situation

Hi everyone!

So recently, i went out with another classmate for a meal, as she was my classmate, i've known her for a few years. So during the "date", i felt that i liked her a little bit.

So after the "date" i texted her, and she responded quite well (perhaps because we are classmates) and these texts goes on for like everyday for a month. We also tease each other, ask more abt each other, had late night texts and so on.

And then on her birthday, i went out to celebrate with her alone and everything went on smoothly! Then when i felt it was time, we texted and i confessed to her over the text. Her reply saying was "wah this is sudden" , " i only like you as a friend, im sorry". I mean i didnt even drop this bomb on her suddenly and already went out with her a few times, and judging by the texts, i thought she knew...

I mean i thought if someone text you or vice-versa, at least you mean something to another person? So i thought it is a mutual feeling.

But she took the confession cool and well everything went on smoothly. I took it cool too. But felt that it was too cool alr that even after the confession, we still text each other quite frequent.

So i'm really in a situation now, not knowing what to do. Firstly, i do admit i like her but not so much. And the texts like flirting and teases seems to slowly die off ( i mean of cos we texted like 1 month everyday and ideas are like running out ) .

Should i still continue to text and woo her? Is it that she reject me cos she really treat me as a friend only or jus not ready for a relationship? Should i ask her why she reject me, perhaps i can at least know what went wrong, or leave this question unanswered? Nonetheless, both of us knew we still wanna keep and cherish each other as friend even if everything fails.

I felt that i shld stop texting her for a while and well be cool and go out more with her, with the feeling of no intention of chasing her.

Any advices?

To me its sounds like she was really enjoying communicating with you. In my opinion, it seems a shame to ditch any relationship just because both people are not on the same page, while getting to know each other.

When you are excited about someone, its easy to feel like they are on the same wavelength if you have fun together. But based on what she has directly said, that it was too fast, I would back off and let her approach you.

Do this primarily out of respect for the friendship itself. Secondarily, to let her see you again as that fun person who hasn't pressured her for a month, and she has obviously appreciated that.

• Author

Ok thanks for the advice!

Guess i will probably not text her for a while and maybe let nature takes its course. Well if both of us are meant to be, we will eventually be together right!