Studying sales to get better with girls

Currently, I'm reading this book called The Art of Seduction. It is one of the most enlightening books I've ever read. Getting better with girls has always been something that I've always wanted to do. Now, I was thinking the other day and being successful with girls is pretty similar to selling stuff.

Obviously both genders need to "sell" but men typically approach women and need to make a good first impression. Girls are sort of like customers and the guy is like the salesman.

So I've been reading up on selling and how salesmen work so I can better sell myself to girls. I know not every girl will like the product (haha) at least I can convince another one that I'm a good "buy".

Any other guys take this approach? I'm using this in combination with Art of Seduction to just ramp up my awareness about girls.

I haven't heard of the book, but if you're gonna act like a salesman, I just ask that you do not be pushy and pressure women.

I DREAD having to deal with contractors, salesmen, and mechanics....cuz yes, I'm a chick and I wouldn't know if they were lying through their teeth - even if I apply my critical thinking skills to whatever they are trying to "sell" me. And, I always feel pressured.

I wish I had a man for those instances :( cuz, it's like men have a commanding presence that makes them get taken more seriously than a woman.

I had a dog who refused to get into my vehicle. One guy I was dating, he'd just pull up with his truck, open the door and with one command, she'd obey....go figure.

• Like 1

Just don't do the hard sell, double clutch hand shake pump. But the idea of reading non-verbal cues & body language are good skills. Learning how to be a good listener which is also part of the sales skill set will help too.

• Like 4

Ability to sell is one of the most important things we can learn, especially in a capitalist society. As far as dating, certainly there are things you can learn from sales.

Best advice I can give as far as sales, is something I should have learned when I first started learning how to get better with women: Know who you are marketing your product towards. The product being you of course.

There are a LOT of women on the planet, and contrary to popular belief among some on this forum, they don't all want the same thing! Know what kind of girls are into you, and in turn sync that with who you are tailoring yourself toward, and come to a nice middle ground (hope that makes sense!).

Being able to communicate non-verbally is also important. Your own body language/posture/presence is just as important as being able to read theirs. And take an interest in who you're talking to - beyond physical.

Other stuff, but you'll figure it out.

• Like 3
  • Author

Right, the method of sales isn't to cajole but rather to persuade and to say: "here is my product, here is the good it can do, here's why you should be interested." There's this one quote from a movie called Glengarry Glen Ross where Alec Baldwin says "always be closing". This applies here.

thefooloftheyear

The biggest single aspect of selling is trust....If the person buying trusts you, then you will close them...Its as simple as that..

There is no need to get cute or tricky....Just be someone that person trusts and believes in..

TFY

• Like 1
Frank2thepoint
Right, the method of sales isn't to cajole but rather to persuade and to say: "here is my product, here is the good it can do, here's why you should be interested."

The only way I interpreted this is: "Here's my penis, see how I wiggle it, and you should accept a date with me because my penis can fit into your vagina." :laugh:

• Like 1

I agree with The Wholigan.

Also just to add, make sure you tailor it to yourself and for things you learn to fit with your general character and behaviour otherwise you will seem like a split personality.

Sales is so much about eye contact, listening and body language - yours and learning to read theirs (plus it can be practised upon anyone you meet at any time) - so in that sense I think it's a great idea to study it!

It's cool to hear of a man on the self improvement ride. :)

Many don't change anything about themselves and we all know that if you never change what you do you will get what you always got.

Right, the method of sales isn't to cajole but rather to persuade and to say: "here is my product, here is the good:laugh: it can do, here's why you should be interested." There's this one quote from a movie called Glengarry Glen Ross where Alec Baldwin says "always be closing". This applies here.

Give her some kind of phony baloney existential life speech like Al Pacino's character. She will agree to a date just to shut you up. :laugh:

The only way I interpreted this is: "Here's my penis, see how I wiggle it, and you should accept a date with me because my penis can fit into your vagina." :laugh:

I would love to have a witty comment to yours but I am still wiping up the drink that came up my nose from laughing... :D

Nice one.

CiH*

Frank2thepoint
I would love to have a witty comment to yours but I am still wiping up the drink that came up my nose from laughing... :D

Nice one.

CiH*

Oh sweet. It came out of your nose. Get your mind out of the gutter, because I'm referring to how good I made you laugh. :p

So I've been reading up on selling and how salesmen work so I can better sell myself to girls. I know not every girl will like the product (haha) at least I can convince another one that I'm a good "buy".

What does it mean in practice? Some of the ideas in the art of seduction are about not selling yourself and being indifferent aren't they?

Do you think the guy who is confident and successful with women is trying to sell himself, or is he just relaxed with himself?

I'm not saying you don't have a point.

Harold of Andraste

Yes, trying to get a date is like sales.

You have to know how to sell the product and who you want to sell it to.

But don't forget that you also have to believe in the product and know that it's quality.

Lastly, since you are the product, you have to make yourself into something that a woman would want to buy.

• Like 2
  • Author
Yes, trying to get a date is like sales.

You have to know how to sell the product and who you want to sell it to.

But don't forget that you also have to believe in the product and know that it's quality.

Lastly, since you are the product, you have to make yourself into something that a woman would want to buy.

There's this one aspect of sales that I think is very important: repackaging. Repackaging entails reworking negative flaws about you into a positive light. For example: "I still live with my parents...I'm trying to save up. *ashamed look*".

That's bad. Here's how it should be said.

"I still live with my parents... I'm still trying to save up but it is good because in the meantime I can make sure I am investing in the right apartment and helping them out with the bills and cooking for the house."

That's a lot better. Pretty much anything negative can be spun into a positive.

Back in college, I read this book on Edward Bernays, one of the masters of spin in PR. He was able to take any catastrophe and make fashion it into a positive light.

Finally, one of my friends said this quote that always stuck with me. "The moment you believe you've lost, you're done. The moment you believe your own bull****, that's when other people do too."

Just something to keep in mind.