Has anyone ever had a tarot reading done and asked about their love life?

spanishchick00

I had 2 readings done a few years ago. I decided to go because I was curious to know if I'll ever find the right guy. Anyway, the 1st reading that I went, the lady was accurate about certain things. I was surprised. Then, I asked her if I'll ever get married, find love. From the look on her face it didn't look positive. That was kind of a grey area. Some of what was said didn't turn out accurate at all. So, basically the 2 readings that I went-the love question didn't turn out the way they said. I won't be going to any more readings anymore. Looks like I'm going to single for the rest of my life.

@OP....it's a scam and you know people just want to believe the positive side of things and not the negative part. The reader is bound to tell you what you want to hear because that is how you will keep coming back.

It's akin to someone trying to get into your pants. I also don't believe in unicorns

• Author
spanishchick00

Who said I'm a tarot reading fan? I did it out of curiosity and for fun. Geez. Did I ****ing say I go to a reading every week and spend thousands of money? Didn't you read that I will never go to one again??? My question was if anyone on here has gone to one. Can't anyone post a question on here without being attacked?

Who mentioned anything about being a "fan"? The F word, is that suppose to drive home a point or something? Very classy indeed :rolleyes:

I give tarot readings, as well as palm readings, been doing so for years. It's fun entertainment, and if done correctly, tarot can basically be a tool for introspection via prompting, not a declaration of futures set in stone and whatnot. Frankly I only learned to palm read in high school as an excuse to touch a crush's hands lmao, **** you not.

As someone who does such readings, I can assure you it's not serious. Acting serious about it is part of the immersion fun. You ever been to a Renaissance Festival? That kind of fun, really. You know the jousting isn't real, since nobody ever dies or gets sent to the ER, but it's hella fun to watch. But yeah, don't take any of it seriously.

Again I like to use my tarot reading to guide people through introspection, and it usually works really great that way. Rather than making up specifics in some BS fortune, I use the cards as prompts and get the person talking. Makes it meaningful and interesting. But the language of the cards, given that it's so vague, would not allow for specifics, anyway, so if someone claims specifics, then they are claiming to be psychic and the cards are irrelevant.

still_an_Angel

I have had readings done before but none have been accurate. Like you, I went just for the fun of it, trying to see if the psychic or tarot reader can really "see" my past or future. I did come across one who was more guided spiritually, she said some stuff that came true, the most chilling one was how my first house is going to look. She drew the design on paper and it was years before I bought my first house anyways so I've forgotten all about it. It wasn't until I had sold the house that I remembered her 'prediction'.

• Like 1

i had a reading done once as well (found a groupon for it!) and she was surprisingly accurate about some stuff, but overall most of the things were too general and could apply to anyone. i wouldn't put much stock in what you were told and instead just be proactive about dating instead of assuming it "isn't in the cards" for you

Jung believed in synchronicity and it lent validation to at least some forms of randomness as being able to have meaning. That doesn't mean it's true all the time. But Jung saw synchronicity as serving as a medium at times. I have a deck of cards not meant for fortune telling or game playing that are instead creative prompts. They contain nothing personal, but sometimes I'll announce I'm going to draw a card after awhile and it will be in regards in some way as to what to do, and it seems very pertinent most of the time. I have never read all the cards, so it is always a surprise.

You shouldn't plan your life around psychics as most of them are just trying to make money, but I believe there are some who have some abilities -- and even they aren't accurate all the time. I used to go see one who was very good. But she was completely distracted twice and it was just crap. Once it was because she had a new boyfriend in the other room. But when it was in person and just me and her, she seemed to pick some random things out of thin air. Also as sort of a test, I visualized a certain symbol of something in my life (a pie chart) and mentally sent it to her before I got there, and she got it. I believe in spirits and I think they have everything to do with that sort of thing when it is actually working.

I did, five years ago, and I should have paid attention to one in particular. It made no sense at the time, but I was floored a few months later, when I remembered it.

I read my own cards, I didn't get a reading from someone else.

Tarot readings provide lovely parlor games & can be quite entertaining. I have had a few done over the years. Most didn't come true.

You can't base your life around this garbage.

Who said I'm a tarot reading fan? I did it out of curiosity and for fun. Geez. Did I ****ing say I go to a reading every week and spend thousands of money? Didn't you read that I will never go to one again??? My question was if anyone on here has gone to one. Can't anyone post a question on here without being attacked?

I would say that this overly aggressive, inappropriate response will hold you back more than a silly tarot card reading by a con artist.

• Like 1

These days, it's important to realize that if the reader knows your name, then she can find all kinds of stuff about you on the internet. Plus there are universal things anyone can say to anyone about things we all want, like love, wealth, that we all want to hear and these are often used in paid-for readings.

Still, I maintain there are some who have something at least part of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just broken up with my boyfriend. I still feel he was the one. Does the tarot reading can tell me if we're going to meet again? You've written the tarot is more like "funny game"... but I just need someone to tell me everything will be ok.

I read tarot.

What you have to remember is that no one has a future that is set in stone.

The choices you make will change your future. Even things such as going shopping on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday... Hence your cards will change and the readings will change...

People also tend to have their own "interpretations" of the cards. Not one of the cards should ever be read as "negative". They all have positive aspects to them. Even the worst card in the pack is telling you that life is about to get better.

You are in control of your life not a pack of cards. Any reading should be taken with a pinch of salt and as a warning or advisory not as fact.

Perhaps what they are saying is that if you carry on worrying and being a bit desperate about finding love you will not. Perhaps that is something you have to change?

For those looking for love one of the best cards you can have is the devil. It stands for unbreakable bonds through what seems like impossible odds...

Life isn't a straight road. Like the ocean it ebbs and flows. Its fluid...

Cornie. You don't need a card reading to know everything will be ok. Your hurting now but life does go on. You will go on. It will be ok regardless of whether you get back together with your ex or not.

• Like 2

Cornie. You don't need a card reading to know everything will be ok. Your hurting now but life does go on. You will go on. It will be ok regardless of whether you get back together with your ex or not.

I really needed to hear that. thank you!

I know the future is in my hand, but looking for simple yes/no answers is always tempting.

I really needed to hear that. thank you!

I know the future is in my hand, but looking for simple yes/no answers is always tempting.

Tarot is useless for a simple yes or no as it takes into account a whole broad spectrum of other things.

Yes it can be good for guidance and to keep you on the right path but ultimately the only way you are going to start to feel better is if you get up and get going. Immerse yourself in the things you love and your friends and family. A tarot reading is no substitute for friends.

As I said before life ebbs and flows. You get good times and bad. So now is a bad time the good thing is that soon you will have good times to counteract it! :D