List of infractions vs. felonies in a relationship

I have compiled a list of offenses that men can commit that likely won't lead to a breakup on the first offense. Those are infractions. Felony offenses usually lead to an automatic breakup on the first offense.

Just like on LS when members violate the rules each offense is not the same severity in nature. Some offenses are more or less severe than others but even small offenses can get a member banned if repeated.

But when a guy is dating a woman she is keeping a filing cabinet in her head of all his offenses. Things that turn her off. But again each offense does not turn a woman off the same amount. Some offenses turn her off more or less than others.

It also depends how much time they have been dating and going steady. Even smaller offenses carry more weight on date 1 or date 2 than they do on date 100. Small offenses carry more weight after only 1 month of dating than after 1 year.

For example a small offense that will penalize a guy more might be farting out loud on the first date. However if he has been with this lady for over a year and overall he has a good driving record (figure of speech for good track record of acting manly throughout the relationship) then a first time offense of farting underneath the bed covers is not going to put him in danger if getting fired from the relationship.

Nobody is perfect. There is no man or woman on earth who exhibits manly or womanly traits 24/7, 365 days a year. We are human and even the best men who are great catches will slip up from time to time and backslide into unmanly traits that turn women off. But again it is all about the severity of the offense and how quickly a man corrects his behavior that determines whether or not he has turned her off enough to the point of no return. If he acts quickly enough to correct small offenses then the attraction will slowly go back to where it was on his girldriend's side. Kind of like how after getting a few dermit points on the driver's license if you maintain good behavior long enough after that then those points drop off after a certain number of years and you have a clean slate again.

Here are the following felonies that will lead to a guy automatically getting dumped. I am probably preaching to the choir on these.

1. Verbal or physical abuse. If a guy raises his voice even once that's grounds for automatic dumping. Hitting once definitely goes without saying but hopefully the woman recognizes the early signs of abuse before he takes that one step too far and hits her.

2. Cheating is definitely a felony offense that is grounds for dumping.

3. Stealing money from her wallet. Obviously a woman can't trust a guy who proves to be a thief.

4. Talking crap about his girlfriend behind her back.

5. Not brushing his teeth or cutting his nails or neglecting any other standard personal hygeine. This offense applies more in the early dating stages.

6. Failing to pay for the date. Again this is in the initial early dating stages.

Felony offenses are anything that damages the trust factor in the relationship. Once the trust is damaged there is no relationship.

Now the following are infractions that if a guy commits these the first time then a reasonable woman will not dump him but instead give him a verbal warning. Feel free to add to this list.

1. Mixing the color clothes with white clothes when doing laundry.

2. She asks him to feed her pets while she is out of town and gives him instructions on portion sizes to give to her pets but he fails to follow simple instructions and gives her pets too much or too little.

3. Falling asleep during sex.

4. Farting during sex.

5. Showing up an hour late for the date without a valid reason.

6. Forgetting her birthday

7. Procrastination or laziness about doing chores such as doing the dishes or taking out the trash.

8. Oversleeping

9. Backsliding on his exercise regimen and gaining 10 pounds.

10. Eating a Big Mac when he has heart disease or diabetes

11. Forgetting to open the door for her and let her go in first.

I could probably think of more but this is a good starting list. Another thing to add is that even though infractions are not dumping offenses the first time around they are worth the same felony points if done repeatedly in a short time intervals. Also if a man is committing more than 1 infraction at a time then the relationship is on thin ice. I would say commit 3 or more of these infractions in the same week and it isn't looking good for him.

Forgetting to open the door for his girlfriend once or twice a year is probably not going to get him dumped. But if he forgets once or twice a week then those penalty points add up quickly in a woman's mind. She is paying attention and looking for patterns even if she doesn't tell him this.

Forgetting to open the door for his girlfriend once or twice a year is probably not going to get him dumped. But if he forgets once or twice a week then those penalty points add up quickly in a woman's mind. She is paying attention and looking for patterns even if she doesn't tell him this.

If I opened the door for my wife once or twice (or when shes carrying something maybe), I could probably get away with that!

But if I was forgetting myself, doing it too often, and she happened to be paying attention and noticed a pattern.......Id get an earful about how shes perfectly capable of opening a damn door, she could take the door off its hinges if she wanted to, and how I am clearly not being a gentleman, but a dork :rolleyes::laugh:

Chuck out your rule books mate! ;)

Girls are humans not robots - noting will get you dumped faster than an inability to role with the punches!

• Like 4

I got some to add:

1. Hiding your celphone, tablet, laptop, and access to social media...

Why? Well, I don't believe in the whole "password" sharing of everything. I should have some "privacy" in my RL - where like if I wanna tel my gf that I suspect my bf/husband is cheating, I should have the right to privacy. But, if I need to borrow his phone and he won't give me his password and/or he closes his FB page when I come around, then something's wrong.

When I call my brother and/or his wife, sometimes the kids answer the phone/tablet/laptop and/or I'm talking to my brother, but his wife is the one that answered. It's not like they're snooping on each other, sometimes his celphone is broke or needs charging or the kids simply pick up the phone. You shouldn't be hiding your phone, etc. from family.

2. Spending time with females - especially without your SO....

Ok, why are you sending "Happy Birthdays" to an ex? Especially when she and I are not even friends on social media and/or real life? Why are you meeting up with other women for drinks, movies, lunch, coffee etc. without me?

There's a saying that kinda goes 'when a man and a woman are alone, the devil is the third party present.'. I don't believe in men and women "just being friends" unless one is freakin' ugly and/or homosexual. Usually "one" of the people in the party has an attraction to the other.

Besides, if you are doing things with other women instead of me, then go date them...cuz, obviously you don't enjoy doing those things with me.

So, no private and/or midnight calls, texts, contact on social media with other women who are not your SO...especially concealing it from your SO.

3. Deception...

If you never wanted kids, X house, pets, whatever, then I have a right to know. I don't want someone dating me on false pretenses. If you have a drug or mental problem - and you still are being treated, I should know.

Now, I know we all have some issues in our past, but if it's something that's gonna affect your current RLs, that person should know so they can make an informed decision if they are gonna get involved with someone who one day may "fall of the wagon" and/or doesn't want a cat.

If I think of more, I'll come back to add them.

This made me laugh.

You do know that some women have quite the affinity for bathroom humor right? (for example). Shoot, my sister and her boyfriend would send each other fart apps. So these rules are going to be very subjective.

Dude, girls are not one and the same, we all vary greatly. There is no rule book.

My best advice, do unto others how you will have done to you and that should be a pretty good guide.

• Like 1
Under The Radar

What guy farts DURING sex?

Sorry honey, I was straining soooooo hard to hit your G-Spot I accidentally farted ...... Try not to count it against me ...... I was holding that one for the entirety of our foreplay ...... I'll have better etiquette next time.

:lmao:

• Like 2

Sorry honey, I was straining soooooo hard to hit your G-Spot I accidentally farted ...... Try not to count it against me ...... I was holding that one for the entirety of our foreplay ...... I'll have better etiquette next time.

Oh gosh, how did I miss that one...

Look, I've had to "hold it", but would like get myself out of the way if I felt something coming on. Do guys really have such a lack of self control that they rip farts during sex? Thankfully I have not encountered such a creature.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Repeated infractions are worth the same as a felony. I was listening to new life ministry on Christian radio. They are a team of Christian counselors where people can call in and talk about things like marriage problems. This one lady called in complaining about having to ask her husband repeatedly to fix a doorknob in the house. He would say he is going to do it and then a few days later it is still not done. She says she has to yell at him before he gets things done around the house.

That's an example of a repeated infraction. Actually he committed 2 infractions. Saying he would do something and not following through and procrastinating on fixing things. Procrastination is a turn off to women. It may not be serious enough to warrant divorce but she is going to be less inclined to have sex with her husband until he fixes the doorknob.

She shouldn't even have to ask him once to fix the doorknob. He should have taken the initiative to do it. That's how my parents raised me. When I was 8 years old my Dad would give me a lecture about taking initiative to do chores around the house every Saturday and don't wait until he or Mom tells me to do them. Clean my room without being told and other chores. That stuck with me all my life. I may not be marriage material when it comes to my sexual issues but if I ever did get married taking initiative to take care of things around the house is something I would be doing well as a husband.

Each woman has her own list of infractions vs. felonies.

There are even women who stay with guys who do everything on your felony list.

As far as the infraction list, some of those things will matter to some women and some won't.

Like oversleeping -why would I care what someone is doing with his own time? That's just controlling (unless he is oversleeping when he is supposed to be at work and is about to get fired over it.)

Gaining 10 pounds? Who cares.

Instead of worrying about generalized infractions, you should get to know a specific girl, and have talks with her about what is important to her and what isn't. If you don't mesh, then move on.

But no matter what, don't live a life in fear of your partner. That sounds miserable.

• Like 1
  • Author

It is not about living a life in fear of one's partner. It is about doing your best to make them happy. Should I fear making my partner unhappy? Absolutely because really her happiness is the most important aspect of the relationship. If a woman is not happy then I can't be happy. If you really love your partner then you will only be happy when you see that they are happy. When you love someone it should bother you if they are unhappy.

And for those women who stay with guys even after committing felonies like cheating we can't be sure they are staying for the right reasons. Emotionally she may have already checked out of the relationship but she has her own reasons for staying. It could be that she feels lonely or has low self esteem or is afraid of change and has gotten comfortable with the guy or she is convinced she can't do any better. It is like people who stay at a job not because they like it but because they are comfortable and are afraid to make the change even if it is good change. Majority of people stay in relationships or jobs much longer than what they are happy to do.

1 out of 5 women will agree to marry a man that she isn't really in love with because of external factors like the biological clock or pressure from family and friends or because she just doesn't want to be a lonely old maid. So guys may think they are getting away with committing felonies but they don't know why she is really staying with them. They don't realize that she is probably just settling for him.

Edited by Darren2013

Heehee. Best to withhold flatulence until at least a year in.:bunny:

Oh gosh, how did I miss that one...

Look, I've had to "hold it", but would like get myself out of the way if I felt something coming on. Do guys really have such a lack of self control that they rip farts during sex? Thankfully I have not encountered such a creature.

Actually farting during sex is a big fear of mine, it's kind of hard to hold it in during sex. When I'm going to have sex I always go to the bathroom first and make sure I've expelled all noxious gasses.

I'd be mortified if I accidentally let rip during sex, although my wife would probably just laugh.

After 1 year of time in its ok to pass gas in front of your significant other twice a year.

Anymore than twice a year requires a fart jar. Put a quarter in the jar for each offense.

:)

Anymore than twice a year requires a fart jar. Put a quarter in the jar for each offense.

:)

I thought you were going to suggest farting in a jar.

Not a bad idea, now that I've mentioned it. Save them all up for a special occasion!

Let 'er rip!

• Like 1
It is not about living a life in fear of one's partner. It is about doing your best to make them happy. Should I fear making my partner unhappy? Absolutely because really her happiness is the most important aspect of the relationship. If a woman is not happy then I can't be happy. If you really love your partner then you will only be happy when you see that they are happy. When you love someone it should bother you if they are unhappy.

Sure, you should find out what is important to her, and try to meet her needs. But not oversleeping because you are afraid it will make her unhappy and count as an "infraction" against you? Sorry - that sounds like fear talking to me.

Not a bad idea, now that I've mentioned it. Save them all up for a special occasion!

Let 'er rip!

Lol. In a jar, no. Could you imagine? I'm officially grossed out now.

• Like 1

My husband farted during sex when we had only been together for around a year (we were teenagers). Shortly before, we had just enjoyed an after school meal at Taco Hell.

It wasn't a dealbreaker. We laughed, I said "Ew", he said "Sorry, I didn't feel it coming" and lit an incense.

• Like 1

Let 'er rip!

How about eating some really nasty stuff then bottling your farts and selling them as a drug?

How about eating some really nasty stuff then bottling your farts and selling them as a drug?

We need an illness to cure first.

Lust! That's it. Is that an illness?