Is it normal to feel this way if you get hit on but in a relationship?

I've been with my bf for over 3 years and I'm happy. There's no problems between us. Anyways, I sometimes get hit on by other guys, but think nothing of it and just say "Thank you." or whatever. To be honest, I'm disgusted when much much older men, especially obese, guys hit on me but I'm not mean about it at all. I still remain nice and friendly as a response.

It's rare I find someone physically attractive, and it's funny because I don't know if I send some sort of signal that shouts that but the guys I find handsome hit on me as if it's mutual. So some stranger politely excuses himself (which is rare) and asks for my name and tells me I'm very pretty.

I felt very flattered and said "Thank you". That was it...and I couldn't help but feel happy, flattered, aand thought about the moment. I mean in past relationships this has happened and blew over in an hour or so but I kind of feel bad because if my bf knew he'd probably be jealous which is why it's unnecessary to tell him about it. I mean, my boyfriend is extremely handsome in my opinion, it was like love at first sight when I saw him...for the both of us. He was very polite and just meeting him that night I could feel the vibe of what type of person he was and knew he was a good man.

Anyways, does anyone else feel this way when they get hit on by an attractive person? I in no way want to leave my boyfriend by the way.

Flirtation is a form of flattery. It does make you feel good when somebody gives you a compliment. It doesn't mean you want to cheat on your relationship.

• Author

I know but do you think It's common though to feel giddy about it? Lol. I'm not giddy about it anymore but flattered. It felt kinda wrong.