All my life I've had this feeling that I am connected spiritually to someone. Its like feeling you are missing someone or belong somewhere else...kinda strange to describe exactly. But for sure as I grew older I was able to understand the feeling more and understood it was the feeling of Love. Threw my teens it was like I was searching for this person, trying to see if the next girl I met was "the one" I had felt all my life. As we got to know each other it became quickly apparent the female was not and I lost interest pretty quick. I ended up marrying young out of desperation [bad move] but the feeling kind of subsided as my attention was focused on my dysfunctional marriage. Year and years went by and someone came into my life to free me of that horrible torturous life. However during the marriage I had a series of dreams which lasted for about 3 months. The dreams came every single night and were as if I were a ghost taken back in time, I went to empty homes and businesses [that I had owned in these dreams] I went back over and over and remember the details of tile in bathrooms, color of chairs, texture, feeling of walls etc. While there I felt her, I felt her in my very soul it was a love so deep as to seem impossible to feel humanly. Over the course of those three months I learned about my past life, my love and our child. I learned how we died and became separated. Then abruptly the dreams stopped. This was some 15+ years ago. I've never actually stopped feeling my lost love, sometimes its stronger than others but its always at least in the back ground. Until yesterday, I felt off, lost and distracted then last night she came to me.

• Like 1

I've had similar experiences and even think one person from my past life is in my present life, though in my past life I think we were engaged (from a dream -- it didn't look like him or me but a series of things makes me think it was) and in this life it's more one-sided (big crush on my part and psychic about him and he finds me amusing and we used to hook up.)

The first shack I rented and lived in by myself, I sat in the chair listening to music and had visions. This was in the early days of meeting him in this life. I just attributed the visions to my imagination at the time. It was only after years of various things occurring that I decided they were in fact past life visions. I was keeping a dream journal for 7 years during this time, too, and had one very intense dream I was able to later research to a certain village. It's too long and complicated to relate it all.

I'm over 60 now. The visions were from when I was about 21. At about 24, I had physical omens to get my attention and then a clear voice telling me that if I went to the zoo, I'd see him as well as another guy I know who was close to my sister. I grabbed a friend and went to the zoo. We were taking pictures and stuff, and came out of the wood path onto the main concrete pathway in front of an exhibit, and there he was, with his son from his early marriage. Chatted a bit, then moved on and there was my sister's friend as well.

Fast-forward to the 1990's. I'm in my late 40s in another state. He's been all over the place, living out of the country. I was in a bad time in my life, had a long-term depression. Was working at home, as I still do. Got up one morning and was besieged by what I can only call a memory fugue. It just took me over and for several hours, I was just replaying every memory I had about him and kind of reliving it in detail. At the end of it, I decided he must have died. I was too depressed to really deal with it.

Once my depression lifted two or three years later, just in time for the internet to make things easy, I started reconnecting with old friends. I had been editing my journals and typing them into Word for the past year, so it was all now fresh on my mind. When I came to him, I believed he must have died, so I went looking in his home state for an obituary. Fortunately, he has a unique name, so he's not hard to find. Instead, I found an uploaded resume from a couple of years before, right about the time I'd had the memory fugue. So it was still possible he was dead. I could only pinpoint the month and year I had that. There was an email address on the resume. I was scared to use it, but a friend encouraged me. I was afraid if he was dead, a widow he left behind would get the email and it would upset her. So I just named the email "Re: People you hoped you'd never see again but always knew you would." 20 minutes later, he wrote me back. Alive!

We began communicating via email and on the phone. Long story short, he had been caught in a sort of mafia war overseas where he was partner in a club and gotten shot and left for dead. As he was laying there, his memories from his home state flashed before him. Then he was out and someone rescued him. As soon as possible, he came back stateside. These events happened, the best we could pin down in the same time frame as I had my memory fugue. He had written a book that never published (I edited it) and him laying in the street wounded having the flashbacks was the end of the book.

So I can validate that these things happen. And from what I know from my own experiences, I leave you with only two things I know for sure. It doesn't mean the person in your head will appear in this lifetime as your true love, or that any person will. As I mentioned, I still strongly felt this connection with him, but he didn't remember any of that, though he liked me in a less intense way.

The other is that that love you feel is YOUR love. It may have been formed by centuries of experiences, but it's yours to give to whoever can handle it. In my experience, my love was overkill for most of the men I torched with it, or they just couldn't match it. So it was always a bit disappointing. But in retrospect, I understand its place better now in the overall picture of my existence.

• Author
I've had similar experiences and even think one person from my past life is in my present life, though in my past life I think we were engaged (from a dream -- it didn't look like him or me but a series of things makes me think it was) and in this life it's more one-sided (big crush on my part and psychic about him and he finds me amusing and we used to hook up.)

The first shack I rented and lived in by myself, I sat in the chair listening to music and had visions. This was in the early days of meeting him in this life. I just attributed the visions to my imagination at the time. It was only after years of various things occurring that I decided they were in fact past life visions. I was keeping a dream journal for 7 years during this time, too, and had one very intense dream I was able to later research to a certain village. It's too long and complicated to relate it all.

I'm over 60 now. The visions were from when I was about 21. At about 24, I had physical omens to get my attention and then a clear voice telling me that if I went to the zoo, I'd see him as well as another guy I know who was close to my sister. I grabbed a friend and went to the zoo. We were taking pictures and stuff, and came out of the wood path onto the main concrete pathway in front of an exhibit, and there he was, with his son from his early marriage. Chatted a bit, then moved on and there was my sister's friend as well.

Fast-forward to the 1990's. I'm in my late 40s in another state. He's been all over the place, living out of the country. I was in a bad time in my life, had a long-term depression. Was working at home, as I still do. Got up one morning and was besieged by what I can only call a memory fugue. It just took me over and for several hours, I was just replaying every memory I had about him and kind of reliving it in detail. At the end of it, I decided he must have died. I was too depressed to really deal with it.

Once my depression lifted two or three years later, just in time for the internet to make things easy, I started reconnecting with old friends. I had been editing my journals and typing them into Word for the past year, so it was all now fresh on my mind. When I came to him, I believed he must have died, so I went looking in his home state for an obituary. Fortunately, he has a unique name, so he's not hard to find. Instead, I found an uploaded resume from a couple of years before, right about the time I'd had the memory fugue. So it was still possible he was dead. I could only pinpoint the month and year I had that. There was an email address on the resume. I was scared to use it, but a friend encouraged me. I was afraid if he was dead, a widow he left behind would get the email and it would upset her. So I just named the email "Re: People you hoped you'd never see again but always knew you would." 20 minutes later, he wrote me back. Alive!

We began communicating via email and on the phone. Long story short, he had been caught in a sort of mafia war overseas where he was partner in a club and gotten shot and left for dead. As he was laying there, his memories from his home state flashed before him. Then he was out and someone rescued him. As soon as possible, he came back stateside. These events happened, the best we could pin down in the same time frame as I had my memory fugue. He had written a book that never published (I edited it) and him laying in the street wounded having the flashbacks was the end of the book.

So I can validate that these things happen. And from what I know from my own experiences, I leave you with only two things I know for sure. It doesn't mean the person in your head will appear in this lifetime as your true love, or that any person will. As I mentioned, I still strongly felt this connection with him, but he didn't remember any of that, though he liked me in a less intense way.

The other is that that love you feel is YOUR love. It may have been formed by centuries of experiences, but it's yours to give to whoever can handle it. In my experience, my love was overkill for most of the men I torched with it, or they just couldn't match it. So it was always a bit disappointing. But in retrospect, I understand its place better now in the overall picture of my existence.

Thank you for your insights and thoughts.

I'm afraid you are right, I will probably never meet this person in this life time. My current marriage is okay at best, I know I should not and will not compare or expect anything like what I feel from my current wife.

Thank you, it is reassuring to know someone else has had such an experience.

It sometimes feels like we have so much to give than what anyone would appreciate. I find pets a good outlet, but then I always have my whole life. You can never love on them too much!

• Author
It sometimes feels like we have so much to give than what anyone would appreciate. I find pets a good outlet, but then I always have my whole life. You can never love on them too much!

Many people feel that way about Pets.

I'm not really a pet person...

• Author

Yes that is interesting.

I'm actually an introvert, I avoid social settings and much prefer a one-on-one setting.

Although I have had Dogs most all of my life, looking at one now as a matter of fact, I have never considered pouring out love and affection to an animal as I would a human being.

Michelle ma Belle

Although I subscribe to a mostly Christian faith, I can't ignore the idea of having past lives. I've seen it and felt it for myself many times.

Is what you're experiencing a result of an afterlife reunion you or is it simply a manifestation of your own doing in order to cope with the unhappiness you're feeling in your current marriage which, according to you is "okay at best".

I don't know.

Have you ever considered seeing a past life regression therapist or a reputable medium?