Best to wear sunglasses if a guy looks at other women

Granted that men will always find other women attractive even when in a relationship or married. I think women know this too but that doesn't mean many of them don't take offense if their boyfriend looks at other women in front of them. Women know that their boyfriends pass gas too but that doesn't mean they want to hear him do that in her presence.

I think the best solution is to wear sunglasses every time a guy goes out in public. This way he can look at other women discreetly and not make it so obvious to his girlfriend. Wear sunglasses and look out of the corner of your eye without turning your head away from your girlfriend. It is okay to look but don't touch and more importantly be discreet when looking. Just like guys got to be discreet about farting.

Lernaean_Hydra

I personally don't mind if the guy I'm with looks. It happens. Granted a look is all I'm talking about mind you because if a guy ventures into out and out leering and salivating then we'd definitely have a problem. Basically, like you said, discretion is key.

However in truth, I'm pretty bad at this myself. I check out women's asses all day long out of habit. Come to think of it, out of the pair of us, I'm probably the one who's needed sunglasses in the past. :eek:

• Like 3

Uh, just cuz a person is married and/or involved with someone doesn't mean they're dead...

A guy and/or gal is gonna look - especially if someone is wearing something revealing or has their shirt off.

There's a trail I used to ride bike on and OMG, the shirtless guys running!!! You couldn't help but notice!!! I used to joke to my gfs that I will take a backpack full of trophies (if you're hot) or T-shirts (if you're not) to give out. :lmao:

But seriously, if the person is "leering" - especially in front of their SO, it is rude. Some people call into my fav podcaster about that. She says 'next time he does it, walk him up to the chick and introduce them' :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You know, in some cultures/religions people are told to lower their gaze. I do that a lot.

• Author

Farting is also natural and expected when one has a healthy colon but that doesn't mean purposely flaunting off gas loud enough for one's partner to hear it. So yeah it is fine to look but don't make it so obvious that you are eyeing then up and down like you are undressing them in your head.

Admiring beauty is normal. Going out seeking a cheating partner or telling the woman you're with "I wish you were her" is a problem. I think our eyes are drawn to beauty. It's the heart that matters. I can admire Tony from NCIS but my heart belongs to the man I love. :)

• Like 1
Admiring beauty is normal. Going out seeking a cheating partner or telling the woman you're with "I wish you were her" is a problem. I think our eyes are drawn to beauty. It's the heart that matters. I can admire Tony from NCIS but my heart belongs to the man I love. :)

Really Tony, and not McGee?

1 Peter 4:8

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

• Like 1

Sunglasses or not, some of us know when we're being stared at - which doesn't make no sense when that person has been CLEAR that hey are not interested.

Why don't they take a picture so it will last longer?

I wonder if I start flipping them the universal one finger salute, they will find something else to stare at?

Maybe I should charge them by the stare? :rolleyes:

Edited by Gloria25
  • 3 weeks later...
Granted that men will always find other women attractive even when in a relationship or married.

Actually, women will always find other men attractive, etc., etc., as well.

I've been pissing off the men I date and/or am in relationship with, by looking -- and not using this neat trick with the sunglasses.

Gonna try it next time. And if the guy gets pissed off at me, that's on you, Darren :p

Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons I dont date. I wouldnt look at other guys if im on a date with my guy. I bet he would think it was rude.

I can focus on ond guy/one convo, and I dont see why its so hard for men. I mean, these are grown men not 16 year old boys.

Darren, are you planning to wear subglqsses in a dimly lit restaurant just to check out other women? How nice of you. Im sure your date would appreciate it. Im not sure if you are being serious or Onion-y.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I would equate a man noticing an objectively attractive woman in his field of vision a sexual desire. Now, if he started making those "man sounds" and asks me why I can't look like her, after he finds all his teeth (just kidding, hitting is bad, etc. lighten up), he probably wouldn't do that gain. But I notice beauty. And not just the Michaelangelo's David look alike in the food court. I have been known to see a woman walk by who is really beautiful and say, "Wow! She is gorgeous!" And I am decidedly straight.

I dont really care anymore. In fact, I'll test a girl to see if she flips early on by making a comment about a pretty girl. I wont say "check out those ta tas" or something like that, I'll make a nice comment about her hair or her shoes not to be rude.

I was with a girl for 9 years who had an aggregious self confidence problem when it came to me noticing other women. Being a DJ in nightclubs it was practically impossible. She would be so sharp she would notice that I noticed a girl who walked behind me in a mirror behind her or accuse me of looking even when I didnt because I knew her reaction. (Ok maybe I noticed them but I took great pains to ensure my eyeballs didn't even flinch).

After all that I dont care anymore. She ended up cheating on me and broke off our engagement.

IMO, looking is nothing. If she has a problem with you looking the problem is with her not you. Now obviously gawking or rubbernecking is rude unless your girl is doing it too but looking and noticing a fine looking woman, whatever. Chances are she saw her before you did anyway.

I dont really care anymore. In fact, I'll test a girl to see if she flips early on by making a comment about a pretty girl. I wont say "check out those ta tas" or something like that, I'll make a nice comment about her hair or her shoes not to be rude.

I was with a girl for 9 years who had an aggregious self confidence problem when it came to me noticing other women. Being a DJ in nightclubs it was practically impossible. She would be so sharp she would notice that I noticed a girl who walked behind me in a mirror behind her or accuse me of looking even when I didnt because I knew her reaction. (Ok maybe I noticed them but I took great pains to ensure my eyeballs didn't even flinch).

After all that I dont care anymore. She ended up cheating on me and broke off our engagement.

IMO, looking is nothing. If she has a problem with you looking the problem is with her not you. Now obviously gawking or rubbernecking is rude unless your girl is doing it too but looking and noticing a fine looking woman, whatever. Chances are she saw her before you did anyway.

This is how many men think.

I would say that many men would be fine with it, just don't check out other dudes.

Even that being said, I've had dudes 'rubbernecking" and "gawking." Of course, it was fine for him in his heads, because hey, boys will be boys. He was openly talking about her boobs and all that. Btdt.

To me it's all a matter of how often and how he does it, AND how he makes me feel in our relationship together.

If he is constantly checking out other women in front of me, constantly making comments, and if in our relationship I feel like he's sort of "meh" about me and often wishes I were some other girl, then I'd have a problem.

But if I know he loves me and our sex life is great and he's loving and attentive, I don't mind occasional looking/commenting at all! I do it too, once in a while.

Also, be respectful when you do it. A generalized "wow, she's gorgeous, huh?" is far better than specific comments on her body or what you'd like to do with it. :rolleyes:

I think the best solution is to wear sunglasses every time a guy goes out in public. This way he can look at other women discreetly and not make it so obvious to his girlfriend. Wear sunglasses and look out of the corner of your eye without turning your head away from your girlfriend. It is okay to look but don't touch and more importantly be discreet when looking. Just like guys got to be discreet about farting.

Do you think women are so stupid that we won't know that's what you're doing? Even in sunglasses, it's obvious because of changes in body language.

spanishchick00

Hmmm...well, I would want to get a look at to what he is looking at too. I didn't know this was "appropriate" for guys to look out other women while out with their girl? Like others said its normal, but why do I feel enraged with anger at this? This happened to me when I went on first dates, I met up with this guy and we were having drinks and this chick walked by and he told me that she had something on her "face." But he kept looking at her from behind for a good 5 seconds.

evanescentworld
Granted that men will always find other women attractive even when in a relationship or married. .....

I think the best solution is to wear sunglasses every time a guy goes out in public. This way he can look at other women discreetly and not make it so obvious to his girlfriend. Wear sunglasses and look out of the corner of your eye without turning your head away from your girlfriend. .....

And carry a white stick. That way, you'll also get the sympathy vote.

:cool:

My wife use to hate the sunglasses I would wear when we were dating, because she couldn't see my eyes through them. She thought I had them on just so that I could look at other women, when really I just thought they looked cool :lmao:

todreaminblue

i dont think its wrong to look at all....i think its wrong to stare and make the person you are with and the object of your staring uncomfortable.....i can look at a woman and think she is really beautiful but it doesnt mean anything but that....she is beautiful......men can too...i can look at men and see beauty too...i like shoulders and backs and i do notice guys..i notice how their hair hits their collar.....or curls around their ears....or the laughter lines near their eyes....and it captures my attention...smiles surely do..........doesnt mean i want to rip their clothes off and have sex with them ...because i like the way they look.or that i notice specifics........or think they are handsome....deb

In this case, the problem is not that yo noticed a girl. It is your passive aggressive jerky test behavior that would turn me off.