Just cuz I'm single?!?

Ok, Gloria25 has lived in various places....I fly solo. It's very rare that you'll see a guy at my place cuz I have regular dating "droughts" and unlike some women who befriend men to come and do "handiguy" stuff, I do my stuff myself and if I can't do it, I will hire someone.

Why are there guys out there thinking that you're just at home with a glass of wine waiting for them to come to you?

Where I live now, I've already had a psycho neighbor I've had to deal with. I've had several guys ask me if I needed help with my yard (and you should see their yards :rolleyes:). I've had guys try to make small talk with me about this or that.

In the past, I caught some guy trying to video tape me in the shower. I had another neighbor harass the heck out of me. Now yes, one time I did get involved with one of my neighbors - but he wasn't creepy...or maybe I just liked him out of the other neighbors I've had to deal with.

Do guys see you as single and think that you are just dying for them to come and "save" and/or "boink" you cuz they don't see a man around?

I hope this doesn't come off as arrogant. I mean, I guess after college/high school or social circles are minimized and we have to resort to talking to people in our hoods and/or workplaces - but sometimes I feel like these guys think that I'm just ready to jump with the first guy that comes a 'knockin' at my door? Especially when politely show a clear lack of interest?

• Like 1

I don't know how old you are, but I'm 33. I'm at the point where people who haven't seen me in a while ask me if I have a boyfriend the first time they see me after a few years.

Sometimes, I want to answer 'no, but I have a girlfriend' just for comic relief.

• Like 2
  • Author
I don't know how old you are, but I'm 33. I'm at the point where people who haven't seen me in a while ask me if I have a boyfriend the first time they see me after a few years.

Sometimes, I want to answer 'no, but I have a girlfriend' just for comic relief.

Lol...

I'm late 30's...

Yeah, sometimes I wish and am hoping they think I have a girlfriend...

But seriously, I can even catch them watching to see if/when I have company. It's usually the older neighbors though. One time I invited a gf over and we were having margaritas on the patio, and the old woman kept on walking back and forth with her dog and rudely peeping through the fence. :rolleyes:

Because a large portion of men out there are desperate, thirsty, losers who are happiest when they are wage/emotional slaves to women and can't seem to construct a meaningful life outside of this. So they wonder around like lost dogs barking up every tree they see. And yet they never see this as the cause of their worthlessness.

Aside from that.. based on the posts I've read from you, you're one of the few women on this site with a good mind/personality. So if you're attractive on top of that.. it makes sense that men want you bad.

• Author
Because a large portion of men out there are desperate, thirsty, losers who are happiest when they are wage/emotional slaves to women and can't seem to construct a meaningful life outside of this. So they wonder around like lost dogs barking up every tree they see. And yet they never see this as the cause of their worthlessness.

Aside from that.. based on the posts I've read from you, you're one of the few women on this site with a good mind/personality. So if you're attractive on top of that.. it makes sense that men want you bad.

Thanx for the compliments...I was afraid that I'd come off as arrogant with this thread.

Yeah, I figured some of these guys, cuz they see me day in-day out (just being myself) might figure I've got some qualities - too bad that the guy I'd want to be noticing these things about me doesn't even notice me :( . I guess that's the way it goes.

todreaminblue

I have no shortage of men around me....and had a quite a few offers....normally involving sex...which turns me right off......still got the last guy i dated calling me...putting me on to his latest gf......dont know why guys do that......say hey talk to deb you will like her......its rather awkward for me...

gloria i think some guys take any opportunity to score and thats about it.....the more you say no....the more they seem to want to try and convince you otherwise....you become a challenge instead of a person......a trophy.......i have found this to be true....stuff that ....turns me off.

i just want a nice guy......i would like to think i am a nice woman....someone worth getting to know intimately before getting naked and sweaty..its all i ever really wanted...anyway this is depressing....so ill end this with a.....hugs to ya gloria.......:0)..best wishes.........deb

• Like 1
  • Author
I have no shortage of men around me....and had a quite a few offers....normally involving sex...which turns me right off......still got the last guy i dated calling me...putting me on to his latest gf......dont know why guys do that......say hey talk to deb you will like her......its rather awkward for me...

gloria i think some guys take any opportunity to score and thats about it.....the more you say no....the more they seem to want to try and convince you otherwise....you become a challenge instead of a person......a trophy.......i have found this to be true....stuff that ....turns me off.

i just want a nice guy......i would like to think i am a nice woman....someone worth getting to know intimately before getting naked and sweaty..its all i ever really wanted...anyway this is depressing....so ill end this with a.....hugs to ya gloria.......:0)..best wishes.........deb

Yep, that's why I also take their "interest" with a grain of salt and am not flattered...Quite frankly, it makes me hostile towards them cuz they wanna try to make me the butt of their jokes. I've lived in hoods where college kids rent out housing and in hoods with military who live off base - and they often just wanna "score" and "high-five" each other that they nailed you or some other chick. In the military I'd just listen to them talk about the women like they were meat...right there in front of you. They didn't care if you were a woman too.

Edited by Gloria25
  • Like 1
EngnimaticResponse

Do you have any idea how many times I have heard women say stuff like this... when they are right in front of me and talking to me?

"Hey, do you suppose next time you could just... knee me in the groin? At least the pain from that would subside after a while." Why is it that the women to whom I find myself most attracted are the ones who can't "see" me? They want/are looking for a guy who is exactly like me... just not me.

"Oh God, Why can't you just send me a nice normal guy?"

"I sent you one last year. You keep telling him he's just a friend!"

Edited by EngnimaticResponse
  • Like 1

From what I see here you have a very primal personality Gloria which a lot of guys can find very attractive. So I'm not shocked you're a big hit in the neighborhood. I don't think they're thinking anything other than "Wow, this girl is sexy and I need an excuse to be around her. Maybe it will lead to something." I'd take it as a compliment, not an insult.

"Oh God, Why can't you just send me a nice normal guy?"

"I sent you one last year. You keep telling him he's just a friend!"

Because they forgot to mention the last part of the request. Can you please send me a nice normal guy that I fancy?

• Like 1

Do guys see you as single and think that you are just dying for them to come and "save" and/or "boink" you cuz they don't see a man around?

I think it is a certain "type" of man...

As soon as I became single I had one turn into a stalker. He would randomly fix my car with out me asking etc, really piddled me off as often I would have already arranged to get stuff done or got everything ready to do it myself and then behind my back its done and I end up out of pocket twice. Got a bit much when he offered to pay for sex with me and I told him No - go home to your wife... Then it started to get really nasty. All over with now though thank goodness.

I dunno Gloria. I guess it takes all sorts to make a world. I tend to avoid people like this like the plague. Keeps life much more simple.

• Like 1