Ladies: do you think it's gross when guys are grinding with you at the club?

I don't like it. But I don't make a fuss as I am going home with out him at the end of the day...

Had one half naked young man grabbing my boob constantly... Nearly decked him but figured I would never see him again so all is good. Its a boob. I know mine are great, we were both drunk so why start hassle for the sake of it. He wasn't going to get what he wanted anyway.

evanescentworld

Some guy did that with me, ages ago, and I just looked at him and told him he was pathetic.

He asked me if I was a lesbian, then....

I couldn't stop laughing....Like, if I was rejecting his advances, I had to be a lesbian... nothing to do with his irresistible charm and magnetic personality....

• Like 2
littleblackheart

Personal space hijacking, inappropriate and (generally) unwanted physical contact, complete disregard for the fact that it might trigger a whole host of bad memories for some people - yes, I'd say unless you were specifically invited to get closer, it's gross...

I would never tolerate that from a stranger. Ever. Some guy tried that with me, I'd walk away.

Sorry about that Don. :)

OP, i cannot imagine ever doing this.

At Pacha in Manhattan, there was a guy with an erection, not even dancing, just "hopping" and thrusting around the dance floor, dry humping every girl he could find.

Nastiest thing I ever saw. I can't figure out why he wasn't immediately thrown out on the curb.

Clubs need to be very safe places where women feel comfortable and secure, but still able to have a little risque fun if it's consensual.

I have mentioned it before... I'm around women only. Many times they are the hottest ones in the whole club.

If i see some a hole making any of the women I'm with uncomfortable or sexually assaulting them when they are not into it, I don't hesitate to go right over and get in between them.

It really bothers me when women are disrespected at that level. It's not right.

I don't go to the club anymore, but I used to hate it (unless it was my husband). This even happened at my high school dances back in the early 90s... we used to call it "freakin".

It reminds of this classic from 1997

Just a little sample of the lyrics:

I wonder if she could tell I'm hard right now

Yeah, come on, dance for me, baby, yeah

You feel that? Alright, come on, don't stop now

You done did it, come on, yeah, alright, hold on

Baby, when we're grindin', I get so excited

How I like it, I try but I can't fight it

You're dancin' real close, 'cuz it's real, real slow

You're makin' it hard for me

All the songs on you requested

You're dancin' like you're naked

It's almost like we're sexin'

Yeah, boo, I like it, no, I can't deny it

But I know you can tell I'm excited

Step back, you're dancin' kinda close

I feel a little poke comin' through on you

Now girl, I know you felt it

But boo, you know, I can't help it

You know what I wanna do

I recently chaperoned at a middle school dance, and 7th & 8th graders were grinding.

Edited by Quiet Storm
I don't like it. But I don't make a fuss as I am going home with out him at the end of the day...

Had one half naked young man grabbing my boob constantly... Nearly decked him but figured I would never see him again so all is good. Its a boob. I know mine are great, we were both drunk so why start hassle for the sake of it. He wasn't going to get what he wanted anyway.

Lol, you act as though the only options here were to assault him or allow him to continue to grope you.

You could simply tell him to stop and walk away, and speak to security if he does it again.

This sort of thinking is concerning in my opinion. If you were enjoying it - fine. But the fact that you felt like hitting him indicates that you certainly didn't, so I would suggest that in future you take measures to stop this sort of thing.

To answer the original question: a stranger grinding on me in a club is not something I would tolerate. Even if I were interested, I don't personally find this sort of behaviour with a stranger appealing. Many do, and that's all good - it sure looks like fun, it's just not for me.

I don't find it difficult to reject unwanted advances politely and courteously(and then firmly but calmly if need be), and I certainly wouldn't think twice about doing so if someone was aggressively pursuing me in a nightclub.

I don't have that problem...

When I used to go clubbing, I'd dance alone. Now, if I went on salsa night, I'd have to dance with someone (cuz you can't dance that alone), but I would not let them hold me close and/or I'd only dance with the guy I was seeing at that time.

Now, if I'm out to the club with a guy I'm seeing...oh, trust me, he's getting the works ;)