Why can't I get older girls??

I can seem to never get any dates with girls that are older than me. I am 24 years old. Most of the girls i have dated/talked to are aged 20-23 years old. My last ex was a year younger than me. I don't know why I am attracted to younger girls is this a bad thing or not?? All the older girls don't seem interested etc..

I am average looking and can drive. I Also have a good job and live at home as it cheaper. I don't have any tattoos will never get any.. But can grow a beard. I don't go to they gym as not into weights and getting muscle don't have any. Would rather do exercise etc.

I have been single for 13 months and my ex usually texts me 4-5 times (One day) About every 2-3 months just asking how i am etc. I am cool with that

I just don't know why older girls are not interested in me but younger girls are..

Edited by GTR King

Try asking out women whom you have no idea of their age and whom you find attractive.

This may necessitate interacting with relative strangers in real life but can be fruitful. Give it a try and see what happens.

It's normal for men to be attracted to young women. Even old farts like myself. Young women are in their reproductive prime and men's hard wiring to reproduce essentially remains static until we're dead. Of course, reality is generally different from hard wiring.

My advice would be to simply ask ladies on dates whom you find attractive; don't worry about age. More experience is helpful. Good luck!

I hope you find this helpful... You live at home. You have a job, not a career. Basically, your life is in transition. You haven't really started to take on real-life responsibilities. Nothing wrong with that at 24. Someone in her early 20's will be in the same life stage, so has no problem with the transitional nature of your life right now. Your "competition" is clueless college boys.

Someone slightly older its playing on a different ball field altogether. The fact that you can drive and grow a beard no longer impress. Many of the men vying for her attention are much further along in their lives and can offer a level of stability and other attributes that you simply don't have.

You're attracted to younger girls anyway, so it works out perfectly. Happy dating!

• Author

Thanks but I am doing an Apprenticeship and I go out clubbing and always see loads of nice girls in the council etc. I don't have a career but I am happy with life etc

What's your issues with tattoos? I love tattoos on a guy. Actually, I love the tattoos you can't see until like he raises his arm and you see it under his sleeve - kinda like a Clark Kent superman/wild child under the glasses.

Also, the gym isn't necessarily gonna end up with you inflating yourself like Hanz and Franz (two very old SNL characters who were like mocking Arnold S). I don't like guys that are too bulky, but like a guy with a little toning in his body. Tired of all these guys in skinny jeans that look like I can break them on my knee.

I think it's normal for guys to want a woman younger than them, I don't know where it comes from. Maybe a psycho/biological need for younger women cuz they're more fertile than older women?

BTW, I'm a woman in her late 30's. I really don't prefer dating younger - but I've done it now and then. I mean, there "is" an appeal into being the sexy experienced seductress and teaching them the ropes...;)

I'm surprised you haven't been able to locate a woman willing to get with you - especially now a days where women are trying to have sex like men. How "older" are you looking for?

OP, you'll often note older (than yourself) women focusing on more 'serious' aspects of relationships, though they still enjoy good times, and they have a 'purpose' to the interactions; a goal.

Is it usual and customary for young men and women in your culture to be living at home with their parents in their mid-late 20's? If not, the older women may be living independently and, if they know of your circumstances and find that counterproductive to their goals, then it can influence their decision whether or not to date you. Usually, attractiveness will trump this aspect but, if on the fence, it can have traction.

Lastly, since you have a good job, there are usually social aspects to jobs where you can meet or interact with groups of potential dating partners who are or can be aware of your commitment to your work and your goals. If you haven't grown that aspect of your social life, give it a look and see.

• Author

I am looking for girls around 20-28 years old but not too fussed and not into tattoos and not gonna get any.. Thanks I always get told to speak to the nice girls around my age in the council by my work colleagues...

I am looking for girls around 20-28 years old but not too fussed and not into tattoos and not gonna get any.. Thanks I always get told to speak to the nice girls around my age in the council by my work colleagues...

Umm...well, underneath 25, most girls, IMO, are flakey and not that serious. Above 25 they may finally be concentrating on getting a career or getting hitched because they are reaching 30 and/or finishing up school. Not sure if a younger guy would be something they'd necessarily be looking for.

When I said "older" I was thinking of the whole "cougar", MILF thing going on now a days. These women have careers, know themselves, and/or are in the place where they just wanna have fun with a younger stud. I don't think those women necessarily are 20-28.

There are some late 20's who will go younger, but I still think they are looking for something serious (i.e. babies and/or marriage) but they are dangerous cuz they might be looking for a younger "pet" to manipulate into doing what they want - they aren't looking to play like a cougar, MILF.

Edited by Gloria25

Women over 25 are looking for status and 'nest slave' providers. That's why.

Most will see you as too "immature". But the word immature to many women actually means "not willing to be my puppet".

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for your help.... So that's why women over 25 just wanna settle down and have kids and move out etc.... Well that's why I always get women under 25 interested...