Is it (realistically) possible for a girl who likes a guy to tease him about possibly

him liking another girl? I know it sounds crazy, why would a girl tease a guy about another girl, but it's a playful teasing and I also wonder if it's possible if a girl likes a guy, but is unsure if he's single, and thus teases him as a way to show interest.

Thoughts?

She could be teasing to find out if your (if, say, it's you) interest level in her is greater than the interest in the girl she's teasing about.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1
  • Author
She could be teasing to find out if your (if, say, it's you) interest level in her is greater than the interest in the girl she's teasing about.

Does that make sense?

Yes, it does.

I think there's a chance she might like me. Because:

1. She doesn't know my status. But I've mentioned a former work friend that I still regularly KIT with. She seems a bit jealous.... or rather, intrigued that I could possibly be pursued by this other woman. It seems when a guy is being chased or in a relationship, other women naturally find him to be more attractive.

2. She was teasing me a lot about it today. Whenever I caught her looking at me, she had this grin on her face that she couldn't stop smiling. It's like when you walk into a room of people, make eye contact with someone across the room, and share a silent smile about an "inside joke."

3. She apologized to me later in the day if she was teasing me too much and thus making me paranoid. I said no not at all. It's all good. No need to apologize.

4. She touched me gently in the arm walking by me when she saw me and smiled at me.

It seems like for better or worse, I'm on her brain.

• Author

Oh, and FWIW she said this today:

1. "I only tease you because I like you"

Not sure if she meant like me as in a brother, a friend or something more. Probably friend, right?

2. "I'm sorry if I upset the bear."

Was she calling me a teddy bear? If so, doesn't teddy bear tend to equate to "good platonic male buddy" ?

A female friend told me to not read into any of this a great deal. But oi, I'm so confused haha whether she likes me or not

I'll disagree with your female friend and say she likes you, and not just as a friend. Are you interested in her?

Altho, with that whole female 'want what I can't have' thing, would she be so playful if you suddenly made it clear that you're available? She's teasing in 'safe' mode, thinking you're taken.

How are you going to find out?

• Like 1
  • Author
I'll disagree with your female friend and say she likes you, and not just as a friend. Are you interested in her?

Altho, with that whole female 'want what I can't have' thing, would she be so playful if you suddenly made it clear that you're available? She's teasing in 'safe' mode, thinking you're taken.

How are you going to find out?

I actually am interested in her. I first saw her as nothing special. But over time getting to know her she has grown increasingly attractive in my eyes. The thing is, we are coworkers, and the last coworker I asked out (Feb. 2014) didn't quite work out like I hoped.

How am I going to find out? I don't know. My plan is to take it slow, but maybe invite her to a game or something (we're both sports fans). I used the word date on the last crush and scared her off, though she later admitted to me she always only saw me as a friend so it probably didn't matter how I asked her out.

I could ask another coworker to inquire, but somehow I feel that cheapens things.

I'm open to advice. Again, being coworkers does change the dynamic quite a bit. If this was like friend of a friend, I would have asked her out already.

Anytime ive teased a guy about another women it was cause I liked him and wanted to gauge things between him and her...

• Author
Anytime ive teased a guy about another women it was cause I liked him and wanted to gauge things between him and her...

Huh... perhaps this is more common than I first thought to be true.

Interesting.

Yeah, I can see how she might be flirting/teasing from a "safe" mode. If I suddenly make it clear that I am available, would she be as interested? I don't know. I do get this sense that she likes me as more than a friend but I've misread the past several girls so much I'm almost afraid to repeat history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Today we had a quiet moment to chat 1 on 1, and she mentioned that she was single.

I'm not sure if she said it out of natural conversation, or if she said it as to hint "Hello, I'm available if you want to make a move."