So why is it that good looking people get treated better than others?

Is it because society as a whole is just shallow? Like for instance, if a good looking guy randomly went up to some woman somewhere & asked her out or made a nice comment she'd be flattered, but if it was some below average looking guy he'd be deemed as a creep & some would even say their being harassed. Also another example is if a good looking person made some stupid joke the whole room would start laughing, but if it was someone else, it highly likely wouldn't get the same amount of attention. Also, good looking people seem to get jobs easier, & preferential treatment in many areas.

Also, answer honestly, do you yourself treat better looking people nicer than ones you don't find attractive?

Edited by NJ123

I heard the opposite on my podcast today - which is:

A guy classifies women from 1 to 5.

1 - Ugly

2 - Ok

3 - Cute

4 - Pretty

5 - Beautiful

He said most guys go for #3s cuz she's not ugly, but approachable; and, #4s have their pick from guys to date; and, #5s are intimidating and/or out of most guy's league.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 - Ugly

2 - Ok

3 - Cute

4 - Pretty

5 - Beautiful

He said most guys go for #3s cuz she's not ugly, but approachable; and, #4s have their pick from guys to date; and, #5s are intimidating and/or out of most guy's league.... :rolleyes:

For me there's also this criteria:

1. Unf-able

2. F-able

3. Hot

4. Mamacita!

5. Oh My Goddess!

Turns out we men are not as simple minded as we appear, are we? :)

• Like 2
  • Author

1 - Ugly

2 - Ok

3 - Cute

4 - Pretty

5 - Beautiful

It would be take a lot to keep a girl who's a perfect 5. She'll be hit on a lot even when the boyfriend is right with her. I think that's why a lot of guys are too scared to approach really beautiful women. Since they know it would be tough to keep her & become insecure. There's definitely some really attractive women that are with way less attractive guys who don't have a lot of money, but it just seems rare in this day & age.

Probably just comes down to shallowness.

I'm nice to everyone, and weird as it may sound, I try to be extra nice towards people who seem a little odd, or awkward, or less attractive, or something like that, especially if they seem down. I like putting a smile on someone's face. Mostly it gets me odd looks, but sometimes that person is happy, and I love that.

• Like 6
  • Author
@NJ123

I'd say the best you look, the best people will treat you. A good personality helps, too.

Yeah, it seems that's the way it is in most cases. Society is shallow. That's why most of the top actors/actresses are all attractive people. There's probably so many that have even more talent than the popular actors we see today, but were never given a chance due to not being good looking enough. I guess it's because people in general don't want to see less attractive people on screen no matter how much talent they have.

I'm nice to everyone, and weird as it may sound, I try to be extra nice towards people who seem a little odd, or awkward, or less attractive, or something like that, especially if they seem down. I like putting a smile on someone's face. Mostly it gets me odd looks, but sometimes that person is happy, and I love that.

Ditto Phoe! :)

Same as I do!

• Like 1
Ditto Phoe! :)

Same as I do!

I've made some unexpected friends that way! There's a woman I know who's got an eye disease. One of her eyes is cloudy white and points in a different direction than the other. I think sometimes people are a bit afraid of someone who looks a bit different. She's incredibly sweet and has a wicked sense of humor, she always brightens my day. :love:

• Like 2
Frank2thepoint
Also, answer honestly, do you yourself treat better looking people nicer than ones you don't find attractive?

Honestly I am the opposite. Living in NYC for majority of my life, I've become a bit paranoid. If an attractive woman approaches me, I quickly assume she is trying to sell me something, is a decoy for mugging/robbery, or a prostitute pretending to be a cop.

• Like 2
Honestly I am the opposite. Living in NYC for majority of my life, I've become a bit paranoid. If an attractive woman approaches me, I quickly assume she is trying to sell me something, is a decoy for mugging/robbery, or a prostitute pretending to be a cop.

Lol....like what happened to George on Seinfeld?

• Author
I'm totally shallow. I go for looks.

And muscles.

But how about in terms of how you treat people in general? Do you treat attractive people in a different way than ones who are not that good looking?

But how about in terms of how you treat people in general? Do you treat attractive people in a different way than ones who are not that good looking?

Probably. I try not to but I'm pretty sure that I do.

I think it's only natural. Like why babies and puppies and kittens are so cute. If they weren't they wouldn't get the attention from their mothers to be taken care of.

I think it's how we're programmed.

• Like 2
  • Author
Probably. I try not to but I'm pretty sure that I do.

I think it's only natural. Like why babies and puppies and kittens are so cute. If they weren't they wouldn't get the attention from their mothers to be taken care of.

I think it's how we're programmed.

True, fair enough. By the way on an unrelated topic just noticed you live at Jersey Shore. I live near same area in Monmouth County lol.

True, fair enough. By the way on an unrelated topic just noticed you live at Jersey Shore. I live near same area in Monmouth County lol.

Yea but I had this as my location way before the show...they copied.

I'm somewhere on the peninsula of our great state. South.....very...

• Like 1
  • Author
Yea but I had this as my location way before the show...they copied.

I'm somewhere on the peninsula of our great state. South.....very...

lol. That show really did suck. It made NJ look really bad for awhile.

• Like 1
lol. That show really did suck. It made NJ look really bad for awhile.

Yep now we only have our gov left to do that for us

• Like 1
Is it because society as a whole is just shallow? Like for instance, if a good looking guy randomly went up to some woman somewhere & asked her out or made a nice comment she'd be flattered, but if it was some below average looking guy he'd be deemed as a creep & some would even say their being harassed. Also another example is if a good looking person made some stupid joke the whole room would start laughing, but if it was someone else, it highly likely wouldn't get the same amount of attention. Also, good looking people seem to get jobs easier, & preferential treatment in many areas.

Of course I treat good looking people better and of course society is shallow. And so are you.

The fact that things like racism even exist is proof that society is shallow. People look first and ask questions later.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yep now we only have our gov left to do that for us

Yeah, he's another piece of ****. I don't think he's as bad as that Corzine ******* though, which I guess isn't saying much.

• Like 1

I'm nice to everyone, and weird as it may sound, I try to be extra nice towards people who seem a little odd, or awkward, or less attractive, or something like that, especially if they seem down. I like putting a smile on someone's face.

You don't think they can tell that you're being charitable? The demeanor belies charity niceness... vs. sincere desire to mix genes or gain social advantage.

If you want to really be not shallow, give the odd/awkward/unattractive guy the same shot as the hot guy... that'll put a nice smile on his face. And be truly altruistic.

The answer to the OP's question (why?) is to give their genes better odds of success by pairing with higher quality genes, or befriending for social advantage, which of course is for the same reason.

You don't think they can tell that you're being charitable? The demeanor belies charity niceness... vs. sincere desire to mix genes or gain social advantage.

If you want to really be not shallow, give the odd/awkward/unattractive guy the same shot as the hot guy... that'll put a nice smile on his face. And be truly altruistic.

The answer to the OP's question (why?) is to give their genes better odds of success by pairing with higher quality genes, or befriending for social advantage, which of course is for the same reason.

Lol I knew someone would try to put a negative spin on it.

For what it's worth, I've never dated a "hot guy". All the guys I've dated were very conventionally unattractive. To the point that friends actually rudely commented. I ended my friendships with those people.

Most of them were virgins. They were all the awkward, odd, nerdy guy.

• Like 1

1 - Ugly

2 - Ok

3 - Cute

4 - Pretty

5 - Beautiful

What's funny, 1-3 is the same words for both guys and girls. 4-5 changes based on gender: Pretty/Beautiful and Handsome/Rich :D