Clubbing pet peeves

While going out for a drunk and a dance is fun, there are certain things that make you want throws bows on people. What are you club pet peeves?

• Like 1

People stepping on my painted/manicured toes...

People spilling drinks on me...

Guys thinking "dancing" is them getting a free dry-hump and/or them just grinding on you...

Guys who think they can put their hands on you...

Gals who wanna grind on you - trying to do the "two-girl" thing to turn on guys...I mean, I've danced with chicks, but of my choosing...

The long lines to the bathroom, bar, and just to get into the club...

Expensive, unavailable, far from the club parking...

The whole 'celebrity so and so is gonna stop by' - just so they can sell tickets. Well, I did see the celebs sometimes, but not all the time...

Clubs closing at 2AM...Yeah, I live in a "big city" **pffft**

• Like 2
People there just to show their status and peacock instead of having fun and enjoying themselves.

Exactly, you just see them standing around and talking...

I like to dance, I like when the whole floor is jumpin'...I'm clueless as to the people who just stand around with a drink and chat...For that, go to a lounge or bar.

The club itself is my pet peeve. I hated having to yell when my friends were right next to me.

But, that's the whole point - the music should be so loud you can feel the beat!!!

But, now that I'm going on 40, I'm leaning towards more of a "lounge" environment and/or entertainment. (i.e. food, drinks, a show, and a small dance floor if you wanna get up and boogie then go back to your table).

I miss seedy and gritty kind of places. The supposedly high class kind of places where people like to show off with a bottle of champagne they could have gotten at the liquor store for a quarter of the price just doesn't appeal to me. Give me a hole in the wall underground kind of spot.

• Like 1
  • Author
While going out for a drunk and a dance is fun, there are certain things that make you want throws bows on people. What are you club pet peeves?

Mines is when you go up to a girl and you ask her to dance and she acts like you are an ax murderer and hides behind her friends like you have the cooties. Was that even necessary? You don't have to dance with me, but why do you have to be mean like that? Especially after I treated you with respect while other guys would grind their junk on you. At the very least, put me down gently.

Being highly sensitive I've never been able to enjoy myself in a club.

The intensely loud music, heavy bass, numerous yelling voices, flashing lights and high rate of movement all around throw me into a hyper awareness that's tough to shake.

Softly lit jazz lounges with big comfy couches are more my gig.

• Like 1
But, that's the whole point - the music should be so loud you can feel the beat!!!

But, now that I'm going on 40, I'm leaning towards more of a "lounge" environment and/or entertainment. (i.e. food, drinks, a show, and a small dance floor if you wanna get up and boogie then go back to your table).

I enjoyed gay clubs though. I could dance by myself to EDM all night long!

When stupid sweaty morons try to do elaborate dance moves in a very crowded club and end up constantly bumping into people and spilling drinks. If anything would make me get into a fight its that.

Another annoying thing is people who stay at the bar after they get their drinks and bartenders who serve people who got to the bar after you (and make weak drinks that cost $15).

• Like 1
Being highly sensitive I've never been able to enjoy myself in a club.

The intensely loud music, heavy bass, numerous yelling voices, flashing lights and high rate of movement all around throw me into a hyper awareness that's tough to shake.

Softly lit jazz lounges with big comfy couches are more my gig.

Lol...then maybe I have ADD or something...lol.

I like the lights, fogs, sirens, movement, the energy!!!

I miss seedy and gritty kind of places. The supposedly high class kind of places where people like to show off with a bottle of champagne they could have gotten at the liquor store for a quarter of the price just doesn't appeal to me. Give me a hole in the wall underground kind of spot.

Oh yes, I like sorta "hole in the wall" places too...there's a place or two that I've been to in my AO and I love them - especially when live music is playing. Nothing like a live band on a small stage.

I loved loud clubs and only went for bands playing there once I was past about 21. I don't mind a hole in the wall. My favorite punk club was one. But I won't keep coming to a place you either have to wait in line 20 minutes for the ladies' room or the bathroom is gross. So what I found is guys don't care about the bathrooms and will favor what I might consider a really gross club. I can't believe the health department doesn't close those clubs down with disgusting restrooms. Here, for a long time, the trendy part of town and the trendy clubs were just hellholes, nothing to them but beer-drenched concrete floors and a stage. I am not up for that and no band I liked that much would want to play there. I want the option of having a place to sit.

At minimum, the best music clubs had decent bathrooms, tables and chairs, and more than one level or section where you could get away from the noise if you wanted to.

My very favorite club was an old church converted to rock bar with huge double doors (grand entrance), long walk to the stage at the opposite end, and a balcony, small separate club in the basement that was quieter. Seeing my old flame there was a thing of beauty. I imagine we'd have fallen into the "arrogant poser" category aforementioned.

My other favorite club was an old two-story house, but only one level was public. It had not the best restroom and too long a wait, but it was the hangout for a very long time. The old-school blues or rock crowd came for the early band sets, but after midnight is when the modern new local bands got to play, so going out at midnight was the norm for our crowd. Two completely different types of characters before and after midnight there. They stopped charging me for drinks and it was a real boon to my personal economy.

• Like 1