Do you prefer good looking/beautiful or average looking person and why?

I prefer an average looking man that is heavier because I feel women are more prone to encourage a good looking man to cheat. I feel like an average looking heavier man will be insecure and not so prone to cheat. I was obese until three years ago. I felt insecure and shy. I still feel that way even though I am only 40 pounds over weight based on the BMI calculator.

Which do you prefer a good looking/beautiful person or an average looking person and why?

• Like 1

cheating or loyalty comes down to MORALS not aesthetics!

EVERYONE has the opportunity at some point - wouldn't you rather be with the good looking guy who's turned down the opportunity to cheat than the guy you think is "safer" because he just hasn't been presented with the opportunity - yet!!

You could say his loyalty remains untested!

• Like 7

I prefer a woman who I think is good looking. Whether they are "conventionally attractive" or not isn't very relevant to me. I'm also not likely to be insecure about my partner's propensity to cheat.

• Like 2
I prefer an average looking man that is heavier because I feel women are more prone to encourage a good looking man to cheat. I feel like an average looking heavier man will be insecure and not so prone to cheat. I was obese until three years ago. I felt insecure and shy. I still feel that way even though I am only 40 pounds over weight based on the BMI calculator.

Which do you prefer a good looking/beautiful person or an average looking person and why?

Ideally, I prefer someone who will leave the relationship first as opposed to staying in it and cheating.

I think you may have it a bit backwards though... You do realize that there are scores of "average" and/or "not good-looking" people who engage in affairs? And, there are other factors that cause people to cheat: emotional disconnection; sexual dissatisfaction; human monogamy in itself.

Aside from the obvious, I tend to believe cheating is a form of a distraction. The offending party is looking for a quick fix for their current state of "dissatisfaction". Whichever dissatisfaction that may be, cheating fulfills its underlying need.

Of course, there is vanity in beauty. But, there are also beautiful people who are able to resist temptation and not engage in affairs but instead are capable of satisfying their needs in more constructive ways.

• Like 2
cheating or loyalty comes down to MORALS not aesthetics!

EVERYONE has the opportunity at some point - wouldn't you rather be with the good looking guy who's turned down the opportunity to cheat than the guy you think is "safer" because he just hasn't been presented with the opportunity - yet!!

You could say his loyalty remains untested!

And that too. :bunny:

I'm with the others in here saying "Good looking AND capable of exercising self-control"

All are tempted by desire. Not all submit to it.

Having morals is pointless if one doesn't live by them. And doing so requires self-control: delaying gratification (emotional push) in aspiration towards a higher purpose (spiritual pull). Self-control is not an innate quality - it is learned behaviour. There is no age limit for when a person can begin cultivating it.

• Like 2

I would advise you to go for who you like, not who you think won't cheat. A more accurate gauge would be the reputation and behavior of this person, not their appearance.

I get what you're saying though. A good looking guy is going to have more opportunities. But an average looking guy that goes out clubbing and hanging around bars and whatnot is also going to have opportunities as well, whereas a stand-up handsome guy that handles his business and walks the line won't be in those situations as frequently.

• Like 1

I want what I want and know it when I see it...

I mean, I've had family and/or friends say "ooh, he's beautiful" about some guys, and "Eh" about others - as long as I'm attracted to him, that's what matters.

I don't believe in the "pick someone higher or lower than you"...again, I like what I like and want what I want.

• Like 1

Physicality is the first thing that sparks my interest. Not necessarily coverboy looks, but that certain masculine je ne sois quoi. But after that... it's funny how personality moderates appearance. That ubercute guy can actually become downright physically repulsive to me after opening his mouth; just as the marginally conventionally attractive man can become a magnet once his sense of humour and intelligence is unleashed.

It's an oldie but a goody... Never judge a book [soley] by it's cover! To me, it's the felt attraction and connection that's key.

I like average because it tends to stay average.

Very few people who are stunners remain so into middle and old age.

You know what - I like wrinkles and laughter lines and all those imperfections that make a person who they are... I find that more attractive than someone who is "just" good looking...

I prefer a good looking/beautiful person because they are good looking/beautiful.

She'll have to be good in some others areas, too.

Looking back I don't think I ever crushed on or preferred a head-turner in real life, perhaps occasionally a celebrity-type fantasy thing as a young person, rather became interested in and pursued women who were ostensibly average. Why? IDK. It started when I was a teenager. Perhaps, back then, during peer integration when cliques were quite prevalent, I recognized the exclusion from a certain clique of peers and internalized that and it became an entrenched tool of discernment. Maybe there were other issues at work. In any event, these days I still enjoy beautiful things, but more as an admirer, like of a fine automobile or a piece of art. Beautiful people don't register on my 'mate-o-meter', and haven't for as long as I can remember.

Personality/chemistry/how I connect/loyalty is better then looks imho so it doesn't matter to me. Any average girl with a great personality who I get into a relationship becomes beautiful anyway.

There is no correlation with looks/cheating other than the fact the hot girl might get hit on slightly more.

It's a range but tend to be average to good looking. I am not attracted to "pretty boys" so the typical blond hair model thing is not for me.

But hands down, the biggest thing, is a very intelligent, witty, dry and well informed sense of humor. That is a major head turner for me and makes me pant. :laugh:

And great eyes. Definitely needs to have great eyes. :love:

Michelle ma Belle
I want what I want and know it when I see it...

I mean, I've had family and/or friends say "ooh, he's beautiful" about some guys, and "Eh" about others - as long as I'm attracted to him, that's what matters.

I don't believe in the "pick someone higher or lower than you"...again, I like what I like and want what I want.

Took the words out of my mouth!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For ME, beauty transcends the stereotypical societal standards of what makes someone physically beautiful.

There are plenty of physically beautiful people with very ugly characters and souls. I don't gel well with those types of people, male or female.

isisisweeping

Looks aren't important to me.

So it's irrelevant whether they are average or good looking or below average.

I don't think how good looking someone is effects their character. Guys much less good looking than you will absolutely cheat on you. I've experienced it. More than once.

There's different ways to look at it, but what I've observed is it makes not much difference how they look whether they'll cheat or not. I have a friend who didn't do well with women, like a lot of guys on this board. He's surveil women out of his league and obsess about them and not ask them out or if he did it was years later. Well, he finally dated a girl and seemed happy and just by a coincidence, another woman drops into his world. So I thought he'd been so grateful he finally got a girl to date him a few times that he wouldn't even consider screwing that up, but he literally couldn't wait to date two women at once. He talked about it. He had watched some of his male friends have plenty of girls and he never had and now he felt it was his opportunity to do what they did. So of course, he lost both women.

Logic would tell you handsome men have more opportunity to cheat, and that's true. But really really handsome men can get very very tired of the fawning and women throwing themselves at them, especially if they've had problems with stalking obsessed type women all through their school years, because that gets really old and is very stressful. So if you can get hold of one of those when they're well out of their 20s and had as much random sex as they can stomach, you might find a bulletproof man who isn't likely to cheat on you, though I always think if just the right temptation came along, a lot of people will cheat or break up so they can try out the new person. GIG.

But I mean, some of these guys who struggle with dating build up so much resentment against women that hell, yes, they'll screw one over if they get the chance.

normal person
My preference is average nerdy guys.

I'm average and nerdy, so a guy who's average and nerdy suits me.

I'm sort of intrigued when people say things like this (not that there's anything wrong with it, of course).

For the sake of discussion, why wouldn't you want someone who's nerdy but also good looking? Conventional wisdom thinks you'd want the option that's most superior rather than one that's merely befitting. Assuming these two hypothetical guys like you and treat you all the same, wouldn't you want the "better" one?

I've heard people say things like this before, give different explanations, and it usually makes me scratch my head. Because if I've actually got the choice, of course I'd want my partner to look as good as possible.

. Because if I've actually got the choice, of course I'd want my partner to look as good as possible.

What you and I want is different. Simple as that.

The guys society deems "average" are the ones I find most attractive and end up falling for.

• Like 1
normal person
What you and I want is different. Simple as that.

The guys society deems "average" are the ones I find most attractive and end up falling for.

I know, I'm just trying to understand why you think that is.

• Like 1
I know, I'm just trying to understand why you think that is.

Perception of league is usually the answer.