On dating sites, why do guys ask ...

... if you mind if they are younger? I mean someone around 8 years younger? It always seems a bit odd because women on dating sites get approached by guys 20, sometimes 30 years younger. Someone being a few years younger seems almost normal!

It's generally socially unacceptable for young guys to date older women. So they ask because it is usually not the case, as many women like older guys or guys around their age.

The thing with online dating is that the younger guys are mainly just trying to get in bed with the older women. They don't want anything to do with them relationship wise, but just want sex.

Well young guys are looking for sex period most of the time.

But I've been in relationships with older women so I take insult to that, lol.

• Like 2
  • Author
The thing with online dating is that the younger guys are mainly just trying to get in bed with the older women. They don't want anything to do with them relationship wise, but just want sex.

That may well be the case, I don't know. Are you saying that when a younger guy asks a woman if she minds that he's younger, he's only thinking sexually? Does relating come into this at all?

isisisweeping

I never got a message from someone younger than me.

I did get messages from guys who were black or of Asian heritage asking if I was okay with that.... which I thought was silly because, why wouldn't I be? And also because, if I wasn't a normal message would suffice and I would have noticed on their profile. I don't have an issue with any of that but I don't know that I am interested based on that sort of message, either.

fortyninethousand322

I don't know. I've never asked that question. I figured if I message an older woman and she responds she must be at least somewhat interested (though probably not really, she's probably just bored and I'm a good person to talk to).

• Author
I never got a message from someone younger than me.

I did get messages from guys who were black or of Asian heritage asking if I was okay with that.... which I thought was silly because, why wouldn't I be? And also because, if I wasn't a normal message would suffice and I would have noticed on their profile. I don't have an issue with any of that but I don't know that I am interested based on that sort of message, either.

Is that on a dating site? How can you avoid getting messages from younger men? It seems to be the done thing to message older women these days.

... if you mind if they are younger?

1) because they wish to know the answer to the question.

or

2) something else.

If they think they are "younger" you should ask them why they want to date an "older" woman.

• Like 1

I say... all guys are looking for sex in the end:bunny:

The only problem some of them get tricked and end up marrying the girl!

Don't fool yourselves :laugh: