"Better half" sweet, or insulting?

A co worker of mine was complaining because her BF of two and a half years introduced her as his "better half" I thought it was so sweet, she found it insulting. Is it just that people that are in relationships take these types of things for granted? I would give anything to be considered someone's better half. After all, it truly is the simple things in life. Or am I just that far removed, and outdated in the dating world?

eye of the storm

Your coworker is an a$$. There are some people who constantly look for reasons to be upset. He didn't call her the ball and chain, he didn't call her the little woman, he didn't call her anything bad. (I'm short and I hate the little woman comment)

And if she was truly upset by it she should have put her big girl britches on and talked to her guy instead of trying to run him down to her coworkers.

How is that in any way insulting? Does your coworker have a flair for the dramatics or something? Geesh. I can't stand people who find fault in every little thing, they are impossible to be around.

A co worker of mine was complaining because her BF of two and a half years introduced her as his "better half" I thought it was so sweet, she found it insulting. Is it just that people that are in relationships take these types of things for granted? I would give anything to be considered someone's better half. After all, it truly is the simple things in life. Or am I just that far removed, and outdated in the dating world?

Why did your friend find this insulting? It's flattering.