I feel uncomfortable having self esteem.

I just do. It's part of my psyche. I grew up thinking, low self esteem was "cute".

It's so uncomfortable acting all strong and confident. It feels douchy. I feel gross and like a sell out.

Smoking massive amounts of weed removes that. It's why I do it.

But then, I have no control because I'm spoiled, so I just smoke until I reach that insane paranoia phase where I think the helipcopters are choosing me as the intended red body on that infrared camera, and so I stop.

Now, I realize, that helipcopter is just passing my house, intended for the car jacker across the block and not me.

And once again, I am uncomfortable with women, unless she is highly filled with low self esteem and doubt and refuses any men's advances except mine.

This is not a joke. I was once suicidal over this odd feeling.

Insecurity is not a crime. To me, it is cute. Because it makes people loyal to each other. It removes cheating as a possiblility, due to the fact they would be too insecure to go for the cheater. Ha ha.

It's a sad tactic, but one that for those who know, KNOWS.

I wish I didn't know.

Insecurity is not a crime. To me, it is cute. Because it makes people loyal to each other. It removes cheating as a possiblility, due to the fact they would be too insecure to go for the cheater. Ha ha.

Do I want to know how you've reached this conclusion?

It doesn't sound like you have much self-esteem.

Insecurity does not make people loyal to each other. I've seen a couple of real struggling guys afraid to talk to women be real jerks the first chance they got. You probably need to stop smoking so much.

• Like 1
  • Author

It's something most won't ever understand.

But I get that.. it's the socialization of the world. Different eras for different folks. The funny thing to me, before 9/11 happened, everything was exact opposite and I was more like how people "now" are, but that set me apart.

Oh those helicopters are looking for fires, mostly in abandoned warehouses that are lit up but nobody at the party :)

Lernaean_Hydra

Your post actually touches on a topic I've been pondering for some time now even though I don't think that's the direction you were going in. Low self-esteem, insecurity, depression, and "social anxiety" are traits that for some reason, our current society seems to admire and/or find attractive, predominately in women.

While strength and confidence are supposedly commendable traits in both sexes, I've noticed that the opposite seems to be the case. A "confident" individual is often labeled as narcissistic, egotistical or simply "cocky" and a strong person is frequently called hyper-masculine and subsequently considered less desirable as a long term mate.

This trait of having low self-esteem and/or not knowing ones own worth/attractiveness goes a long way to lulling people - like yourself - into a false sense of security. You (wrongly) assume that if a woman doesn't think much of herself or doesn't believe she is worthy/pretty/valuable/etc she will somehow perceive you to be of higher value and therefore be more loyal to you. This is obviously false but a pervasive train of thought nonetheless.

You should note that many girls have picked up on this and learned well how to fake being that broken little bundle of insecurity in order to attract men like you who find that sort of thing desirable. However it's nothing more than an act.

Ok, maybe some people should lay off smoking certain things....

Any who, I think I sorta have that issue...I am to proud to demonstrate any form weakness, yet I hide my strengths.

I don't like to run around beating my chest showing everyone how I can do this or that...it's hard for me to take compliments, gifts, help, etc from people.

When I used to compete in things, I enjoyed the competition, but HATED the awards ceremony. I literally have a box with all my awards and stuff in there. I don't even display them in my home.

I don't know why I'm like that...I guess I'm afraid of becoming a douche?

• Author

Why did I know everyone would point out to lay off the mean greens?? That is too easy, c'mon guys! That stuff is what makes you see the truth, you should all know that by now ;P

Hydra.. So what do you consider yourself, High or Low S.E.?? Yes they can act it, but some really just are. I can spot the actors, and the real. I'm from SoCal too?! Maybe that has something to do with it.. We got hollywood to compare to. But 30 minutes away is a real place. With real girls and boys. I feel like, my whole life, being from here.. I met those who are aware of the best becuse it's like, you can't help but compare. If you got high self esteem, you have to have something to back it up. It's like how you talk..

People here, if you talk all swaggy and big, you BETTER be some musician or dj or "know" some celeb. Otherise, sound goofy and nerdy and clutsy.

It is all an act. And it's stupid. As a kid, I was like, "uhhhh... ummmm... whatever" cause if I talked all "high self esteem", it was like, they think I'm somebody. But I feel I'm a nobody. So I talk all low, despite feeling like a fool cause I really feel high.

that's why everyone drinks. This false confidence. I'd rather smoke weed cause you just become honest. So many phakes here, we need self-identified honesty.

I think I'm just too --- to belong in SoCal. I see so many beautiful people it's like torture. I should move to Alaska. Or Antartica. I can enjoy having low self esteem with penguins all day long..

Hey Gloria, I think if you don't want to be a douche, maybe you should smoke some certain things... hahaha.. I know girls like you. Always talk about, "don't smoke, don't..." but as soon as I pull it out, they are like, cannn I.

It's just.. for me, I grew up when boys who smoked, were the REALEST mofo's ever. None of this hollywood fake confidence. If they ugly, they just ugly. No confusion. No conning.. it's what it is. That's the world I grew up in. I miss it.

• Author
Insecurity does not make people loyal to each other. I've seen a couple of real struggling guys afraid to talk to women be real jerks the first chance they got. You probably need to stop smoking so much.

Well that's not me. I just get shy and stay that way, and it fizzles out. Those guys you speak of are just turds.

Also, I see so many "pretty boys" who claim to have low self esteem. They are tall, good looking.. and have no reason to.

I got a reason!!! I'm a shortie. It's like women who look like kardashian claiming low self esteem. REALLY??? What about the women who are overweight or who's face looks like a boy. It's SOCIAL GREED. just like the internet. Internet is made for people with social or mental issues, but who takes over??? All them who can just go out to a club and get bliss in one night. GREEDY BASTARDS. go to a club. Leave the internet dating sites for us fat and short people. We're sorta cute. And we make the best music and art, they just steal it. hahaha. Bastards.

When I've felt "broken," I just gave up on dating. When I was younger, and in recent years, because I was much too sensitive - although, I was wary of anyone looking to take advantage of any vulnerability.

There are people who will beat you down, and then mock you. I've lived with it, and in my case, it was because of the other person's insecurities. It made them feel better, if they were "above" me. Not everyone manifests it that way, but I rarely see insecurity touted as a great thing- people tend to get tired of having to prop someone up.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine

Men definetly do not like low confidence. Most of the perma-single women I know are shy, insecure and introverted. Outgoing confident ones get all the guys.

• Like 2
Men definetly do not like low confidence. Most of the perma-single women I know are shy, insecure and introverted. Outgoing confident ones get all the guys.

I disagree with the premise.

Outgoing, confident women "get all the guys" more because they are outgoing and confident, not because that is an attractive trait to men.

Greater exposure to men and a greater willingness to show interest translate into a much higher chance of being approached. The traits themselves are not what men find attractive (though some may admire that), but what bring women into the attention of said men in the first place.

Remaining withdrawn both physically (hermit) and behaviourally (aloof, shy) limit exposure, hence opportunity.

• Like 2