What is the most annoying stereotype about your gender?

Ladies and Gentlemen. What (in your opinion) is the most annoying assumption the opposite sex makes about you because of your gender?

For me, it annoys me that most above average women just assume they can sleep with you if they want. A few years ago an attractive woman came on to me and I rejected her. She asked me if I was gay. As if 100% of the male population is drooling over her 24/7 :laugh:

• Like 4

In a contradiction to yours OP- I am completely irritated by the fact that a lot of men seem to think that women have it easy in dating and could basically sleep with any guy they want to.

• Like 14

It annoys me that people assume men can't be faithful when I have never cheated in my life and I have had chances to do so.

• Like 9
leavesonautumn
In a contradiction to yours OP- I am completely irritated by the fact that a lot of men seem to think that women have it easy in dating and could basically sleep with any guy they want to.

Yep, that's it right there.

I'm picturing where this thread is going to go and I'm already rolling my eyes.

• Like 3
It annoys me that people assume men can't be faithful when I have never cheated in my life and I have had chances to do so.

I couldn't say it any better!

• Like 2
Ladies and Gentlemen. What (in your opinion) is the most annoying assumption the opposite sex makes about you because of your gender?

That a father does not do a heck of alot for the care and nurturing of their little kids or in general heavily involved in family and household domestic stuff.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 7

The assumption that learned helplessness is a female trait and that it's in any way commendable.

• Like 9
Lernaean_Hydra

That women love to talk a lot and in fact can't ever shut up, espeically about themselves. I love conversation and can keep one going when called for but I find myself trying to fight this stereotype by being quiet and less talkative - even when I really have something to say - because I don't want to irritate a guy by talking too much.

Sometimes, especially in that crucial "getting to know you" phase during courtship I find I'm constatly second guessing myself and wondering if I'm babbling so I cut myself short.

• Like 1
most_distant_galaxy

That we don't mean what we say because women like to play coy.

There have been many occasions when I said "no" and the man wouldn't understand I meant no. Only when I had to resort to ugly truths such as "I don't like you physically!" or "you creep me out" they would leave me alone. :o

• Like 7
Lernaean_Hydra
That we don't mean what we say because women like to play coy.

There have been many occasions when I said "no" and the man wouldn't understand I meant no. Only when I had to resort to ugly truths such as "I don't like you physically!" or "you creep me out" they would leave me alone. :o

YES, THIS!! :bunny:

I hate having to come off as a rude, cold or just plain mean/bitchy in order to get my point across but some guys really do think your "no" is, well if not a yes than certainly a maybe. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lernaean_Hydra
  • Like 4

As a metrosexual, I can say this is probably one of the most annoying stereotypes.

In a woman's eyes, a man who shows sensitive emotions are seen as weak.

You have no idea how annoying it is that stereotypically, women expect us men to have our **** together 100 percent of the time emotionally.

• Like 2

You have no idea how annoying it is that stereotypically, women expect us men to have our **** together 100 percent of the time emotionally.

Tend to agree with this part, and expand it to psychologically, physically and financially as well. But only in romantic prospects and SO's. I find women more nurturing and forgiving in general outside of relationships.

You might find the documentary Raising Cain interesting to look at it from a wider perspective:

Raising Cain | PBS#

• Like 1
Tend to agree with this part, and expand it to psychologically, physically and financially as well. But only in romantic prospects and SO's. I find women more nurturing and forgiving in general outside of relationships.

You might find the documentary Raising Cain interesting to look at it from a wider perspective:

Raising Cain | PBS#

That is...pretty interesting.

evanescentworld

That big breasts mean no brains, and that blondes are dumb.

• Like 1

That men are one-dimensional, motivated by only one thing, and that they will say or do anything toward that end. Also, that every guy is either a legs, tit or ass man (or a blonde or brunette man) and that being his of type is critical to attraction and relationship potential.

I wish I had a dollar for every time a woman has said, "men always..." followed by some crazy generalization that simply is not true. I often call them out, gently and respectfully, but I let them know that it's that kind of thinking that's one-dimensional, not the people or situations they apply it to.

• Like 3

Well mine applies to both genders but what bothers me the most is the notion that someone is 'damaged goods' whatever the reason.

• Like 2

Just saying...to the person who said

"Women can't just get laid as easily and go on dates easier than men" despite it being a stereotype.

That's not a stereotype. That's common sense. If women, who weren't outright repulsive walked up to the bar and agreed to **** every guy there, would a guy turn them down? Rarely, if not possible.

Switch the role and a man did the same thing. Probably not gonna happen.

You women are PICKIER, but you have options, just options you don't want. As for men, generally, many of them don't have any AVAILABLE options.

evanescentworld

That's because all men think with their trousers.

(Now THAT'S a stereotype that really stinks!!)

• Like 2
That's because all men think with their trousers.

(Now THAT'S a stereotype that really stinks!!)

That's only 99 percent true.

We also have a brain, I think.

• Like 2
evanescentworld

You think - ?

So the jury's still out on that one, then - ?!

:D

Most annoying one for me is that we're all cheaters or likely to cheat if the opportunity presents itself - which sort of ties into the belief that men can't turn down pussy unless they're gay. Neither of which are true for all of us.

• Like 8
You women are PICKIER, but you have options, just options you don't want. As for men, generally, many of them don't have any AVAILABLE options.

Is that really true? Have you tried picking up bottom of the barrel desperate women with a really compelling approach, turning on the charm hard? You know, women who haven't been spoken to in 5+ years. Women with severe physical, emotional, financial, and/or mental challenges? Like a retarded homeless woman who wets her pants? You seriously think you can't take her on a date to have dinner at Denny's? Then you're not trying.

• Like 3
Is that really true? Have you tried picking up bottom of the barrel desperate women with a really compelling approach, turning on the charm hard? You know, women who haven't been spoken to in 5+ years. Women with severe physical, emotional, financial, and/or mental challenges? Like a retarded homeless woman who wets her pants? You seriously think you can't take her on a date to have dinner at Denny's? Then you're not trying.

Oh my gosh that's funny! :lmao:

• Like 1