Online dating profile main photo: A close up of face OR full body pic?

In online dating, each person gets one main profile photo. That photo is mostly what gets someone to click on the profile to read and see more photos. Should the main profile photo be: a close up of face OR a full body picture?

When I did OLD I put only one photo. A nice headshot.

No body pic. I didn't want to bother with men who would not consider me simply because they could not see my body. The men who messaged me obviously weren't concerned and I preferred that

• Like 2

Split the difference and have a wide head shot that shows your upper body. That way, it's an indication of your body type and size but still keeping your face as the main focus.

Something like this.

• Like 2
  • Author
Most websites require a headshot as the main photo and full body as additional.

The sites I use have some basic picture rules, but they let the user decide which pic to make the main photo.

Face...

I mean, I'm still gonna hope that there's more pictures so I can see you at different angles and even that full-body pic.

Full-body pics as main pics won't work cuz IMO, once the pic gets re-sized, they may not be able to get a good view of your pic. I think normally a lot of sites let you zoom in on the secondary pics?