Married women are constantly hitting on me!!!

What is it that single women do not find me attractive at all -- but married women are constantly hitting on me!!!

If you are married, maybe you can explain this.

If you are single, maybe the market is full so you have far more options.

I'm actually a very funny guy (well, everyone tells me I have a great sense of humor!).

I am wondering why single women do not look at me the same way as married women. FYI: Married = off limits. No go. No dice. NO NO NO!

Maybe single men are just more fun to around than married, grumpy men?

Maybe it is that I cannot read the signs when single women are hitting on me?

Some married women find it safe to flirt more because they always have the "I'm married" out. It's like you can't call their bluff, so it frees them up to just tease you. Instead of talking to the old married bags, ask them to fix you up with their single friends.

• Like 1
  • Author
Some married women find it safe to flirt more because they always have the "I'm married" out. It's like you can't call their bluff, so it frees them up to just tease you. Instead of talking to the old married bags, ask them to fix you up with their single friends.

Actually she says that A LOT. I mean all the time -- but she never actually does. I think in her head she is thinking "I can keep this r-tard hanging around until I either dump my man or he gets a woman" -- LOL!

I totally respect marriage and the LAST thing I would ever do is take a dip into another man's pie. Not my style. The problem is she is by far not the only married woman that constantly flirts with me.

Ticks me off sometimes, lol!!

I am sure many-a-men go through the same problem. I would never ACT on it though. God frowns on cheaters.

• Like 1

Single women have a shopping list : looks, money, job status, house, car, confidence, etc.

Married women just need someone that is hungry as much as they are for attention.

• Like 1
  • Author
Maybe YOU're just more comfortable around married women?

I treat married or single the same way. FRIENDS! I like to chat, laugh and have fun. There's nothing horn-dog about me when I talk to a woman. It's more about trying my "stand up" routine on them and finding out what makes them laugh.

Single women have a shopping list : looks, money, job status, house, car, confidence, etc.

Fair enough. I meet the top 90% percentile among single men....

Looks

Money

Status

House

Car

Confidence

OUTSTANDING sense of humor.

Athletic

No baggage

Crap. I'm in the top 1 percentile :)

Married women just need someone that is hungry as much as they are for attention.

Maybe their "man" is just a boring jerk?

PS: I am not an attention whore...though I love to talk because my brain is FULL of intellectual knowledge :)

Edited by CaliGuy
  • Like 1
Actually she says that A LOT. I mean all the time -- but she never actually does. I think in her head she is thinking "I can keep this r-tard hanging around until I either dump my man or he gets a woman" -- LOL!

I totally respect marriage and the LAST thing I would ever do is take a dip into another man's pie. Not my style. The problem is she is by far not the only married woman that constantly flirts with me.

Ticks me off sometimes, lol!!

I am sure many-a-men go through the same problem. I would never ACT on it though. God frowns on cheaters.

Next time she acts like she might fix you up say, "You keep saying that, so when are you going to deliver?"

There's married men who are like that too (only seems like more of them would follow through). The worst example of it I ever saw was in the lobby of a restaurant on our way out, a family with a baby was out there and me and my friend and a couple other people. The mother handed the baby to the dad and went in the restroom door right there in the lobby. The dad put the baby on his head and immediately went up to my friend and just stood in front of her right up close waiting for her to talk to him since he had a baby on his head. He didn't miss a beat. As soon as the wife was out of sight, boom, he was using the baby to try to pick up my friend.

• Author
Next time she acts like she might fix you up say, "You keep saying that, so when are you going to deliver?"

Ah very good. I WILL do that next time. She always wants to have lunch with me and I am too STUPID to say no. Doesn't help she is VERY hot.

There's married men who are like that too (only seems like more of them would follow through). The worst example of it I ever saw was in the lobby of a restaurant on our way out, a family with a baby was out there and me and my friend and a couple other people. The mother handed the baby to the dad and went in the restroom door right there in the lobby. The dad put the baby on his head and immediately went up to my friend and just stood in front of her right up close waiting for her to talk to him since he had a baby on his head. He didn't miss a beat. As soon as the wife was out of sight, boom, he was using the baby to try to pick up my friend.

Dear Lord. That's just WRONG!!!! I think I endeared her today when there was an elderly man today who needed some help and I rushed over to help him. I have a deep affection for the elderly. Such wisdom and experience, we can learn so much from them. I just -- I respect them a lot.

• Like 1
I treat married or single the same way. FRIENDS! I like to chat, laugh and have fun. There's nothing horn-dog about me when I talk to a woman. It's more about trying my "stand up" routine on them and finding out what makes them laugh.

Fair enough. I meet the top 90% percentile among single men....

Looks

Money

Status

House

Car

Confidence

OUTSTANDING sense of humor.

Athletic

No baggage

Crap. I'm in the top 1 percentile :)

Maybe their "man" is just a boring jerk?

PS: I am not an attention whore...though I love to talk because my brain is FULL of intellectual knowledge :)

Well, you left out the most important quality when it comes to attracting single women, sex appeal. While you may be outrageously funny, drive a nice car and make bank, the guy that has that sex appeal is flooded with options.

While I can relate with your topic, as I'm often flirted with by married women much more so than those that are single. I'd take a guess and say it is probably mostly a result of my shallowness where I prefer women younger, thus often not married.

Setting aside married women whom you acknowledge as off limits (good for you*), maybe bring a little more sexy to the table along With your humor to the single ladies? :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Setting aside married women whom you acknowledge as off limits (good for you*), maybe bring a little more sexy to the table along With your humor to the single ladies? :)

I do that, but no matter how sexy I am (and I AM!), they always take that as a come on. You can never talk sexy to a single woman without her thinking "He only wants in my pants!"

I'm in the top 1 percentile

You're a one percenter :bunny:

Some women use flirting as a way to communicate. Maybe they aren't having their emotional needs met at home and it's having an effect on their sex life because when men stop taking care of our needs we withdrawal from theirs and it's not because we're trying to even a score...for women it's a mental thing and it's hard to be intimate with someone who you're committed to but aren't having total intimacy with.

I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you, otherwise these 'desirable horny married women' may turn out to be nothing more than 'needy, uncommunicative with major issues women'

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, you left out the most important quality when it comes to attracting single women, sex appeal. While you may be outrageously funny, drive a nice car and make bank, the guy that has that sex appeal is flooded with options.

While I can relate with your topic, as I'm often flirted with by married women much more so than those that are single. I'd take a guess and say it is probably mostly a result of my shallowness where I prefer women younger, thus often not married.

Hmmm well sex appeal varies depending on the woman -- so I cannot adjust myself to every different woman lol. Some are turned on, some turned off. That I have no control over. It's more about preference.

• Author
You're a one percenter :bunny:

Some women use flirting as a way to communicate. Maybe they aren't having their emotional needs met at home and it's having an effect on their sex life because when men stop taking care of our needs we withdrawal from theirs and it's not because we're trying to even a score...for women it's a mental thing and it's hard to be intimate with someone who you're committed to but aren't having total intimacy with.

I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you, otherwise these 'desirable horny married women' may turn out to be nothing more than 'needy, uncommunicative with major issues women'

Totally agree there. I just have a hard time reading the sign "I AM INTERESTED IN YOU!"

• Like 1
I do that, but no matter how sexy I am (and I AM!), they always take that as a come on. You can never talk sexy to a single woman without her thinking "He only wants in my pants!"

But it doesn't HAVE to mean that. You are more versed at the single side of things than I am so far so I guess I don't know.

I wouldn't assume a man only wanted to 'get a lil' somSomethin' just because he was flirting with me. I would think he may be interested in getting to know me though.

am I way off here?

Could you possibly be reading things incorrectly?

I want to see how you figure this out. It may help some people here. .. ;)

• Like 2
I just have a hard time reading the sign "I AM INTERESTED IN YOU!"

Saying "hi" and smiling on her end usually are good openers. Then it's up to you to strike up a conversation.

This indicates you're deluded. Your last sentence tells all, learn to flirt without intent. I chat up attractive single women all the time with no intent on getting in their pants, and leaving them wondering if I do is the desired result.

• Like 1
Ah very good. I WILL do that next time. She always wants to have lunch with me and I am too STUPID to say no. Doesn't help she is VERY hot.

Dear Lord. That's just WRONG!!!! I think I endeared her today when there was an elderly man today who needed some help and I rushed over to help him. I have a deep affection for the elderly. Such wisdom and experience, we can learn so much from them. I just -- I respect them a lot.

Well, watch out you don't overdo that or you'll end up with a bunch of old widows fighting over you too.

• Like 1
  • Author
But it doesn't HAVE to mean that. You are more versed at the single side of things than I am so far so I guess I don't know.

I wouldn't assume a man only wanted to 'get a lil' somSomethin' just because he was flirting with me. I would think he may be interested in getting to know me though.

am I way off here?

Could you possibly be reading things incorrectly?

I want to see how you figure this out. It may help some people here. .. ;)

I smooth talk. I am not crude. I make funny things out of every day normal things. I do not make fun of people (purposely). I just try to find the humor in every day life because to me, life is meant to be enjoyed!

If I wanted something, I would say something crude which I NEVER, EVER do. I may occasionally look at bewbs occasionally or something. Can't help it, I am a MAN not a boy :) I don't do it intentionally....

• Author
This indicates you're deluded. Your last sentence tells all, learn to flirt without intent. I chat up attractive single women all the time with no intent on getting in their pants, and leaving them wondering if I do is the desired result.

Ok where here is where you are wrong. I NEVER chat with the intent to bed. Big difference my friend.... I never drop sexual innuendos.

Saying "hi" and smiling on her end usually are good openers. Then it's up to you to strike up a conversation.

That I always do. And I smile a lot :) I'm ALWAYS smiling.

Well, watch out you don't overdo that or you'll end up with a bunch of old widows fighting over you too.

Ugh, lol! Already happening :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't you just know when someone is sizing you up? :confused:

Me = Clueless. I never know when a woman is interested simply because the intent of talking is never of a sexual nature.

It's "How much can I make this person laugh?!"

SIMPLY because I love to laugh :) And I laugh at everything...every one :)

TouchedByViolet

Married women are generally not approached and flirted with (because of the ring) and so they miss all the attention. They will often put themselves out there more and be more approachable personality wise to get guys approval. It makes them feel good is all. Doesn't mean they want to bang you or anything, just that they want attention.

Me = Clueless. I never know when a woman is interested simply because the intent of talking is never of a sexual nature.

I mean before you start talking can't you tell if you're being checked out?

I get you on the clueless part. If I get checked out then I'll quick see if they're check-out worthy and then by the time we could talk ADD sets in and I'll forget we even checked each other out.

I think it's a common problem. I blame lithium batteries.