Does anyone else not have a lot of sex, just because you are too tired?

Is it a common thing with any of you to not want to have sex at night because you're too tired at night? I am extremely attracted to my fiance and I love having sex with her but, we have busy lives with work, my kids, a big dog, freinds, family, housework, etc and at the end of the day, we're tired. And a lot of times, I just want to cuddle it up and fall aslepp with her instead.

We average about once per week for having sex!

Maybe my sex drive is higher than that of most people, or maybe I'm just excited about it because I've actually never had sex and masturbate instead. Nonetheless, even if there are only 4 hours left to sleep and I know I should sleep 'cause I have an exhausting day ahead of me; if I feel the need there's no way I'll sleep. In fact, now that my stress level has gone to the roof because I have to drive 2 hours to college each day, I have to do it more often.

Have you tried having sex at a different time of the day? For example, like early in the morning, a noon/afternoon quickie?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how long is the sex session? I mean, I can do once a week, but it would probably be for like an hr or so...lol.

I feel ya though, sometimes I fall asleep while I'm "taking care of myself"...One time, years ago, I feel asleep while having sex and the guy I was with, we were great in the bedroom (I was with him for like 6 years), but I was really, really tired.

Is it a common thing with any of you to not want to have sex at night because you're too tired at night? I am extremely attracted to my fiance and I love having sex with her but, we have busy lives with work, my kids, a big dog, freinds, family, housework, etc and at the end of the day, we're tired. And a lot of times, I just want to cuddle it up and fall aslepp with her instead.

NEVER!! I think I would shrivel up and die if that happened these days. Before 'these days' we still had sex 3-5 times/week ever since we got together. Sex was never the problem*

You know... even a quickie can be managed I'd think and that could be anywhere with your fiance.*

thefooloftheyear
NEVER!! I think I would shrivel up and die if that happened these days. Before 'these days' we still had sex 3-5 times/week ever since we got together. Sex was never the problem*

You know... even a quickie can be managed I'd think and that could be anywhere with your fiance.*

You see!!!!^^^^:laugh::laugh::p:p

TFY

• Like 1

Change your priorities - they are screwed up, apparently. Demote the friends, family, and non-essential housework at least.

• Like 1

Ahahaha...let me guess, you got sucked into it's all or nothing with her dog? I don't know how old you are, but expect that to drop to once a month if you are lucky going forward :D

Catering for the dog alone probably takes the life out of you?

I would say yes for both my husband and I. With travel, long commute, animals, and very stressful jobs, sex can get pushed to the wayside. And unfortunately, for myself, I struggle greatly at night and am less in the mood whereas my "best" time is morning which is not the case for him.

Plus add to that I am up at 4:40am every morning to head to work (thank the lovely traffic in my area), in bed by 9:30, at work for roughly 10 hours on a given day. It is hard to get in the mood. I can be so tired that I literally lose some of my sense of feel and my nerve endings are dulled.

It's sad but when I travel I actually get more sleep and less stressed than when home. And there isn't a lot that I can change. I am an executive so it is what it is, our company is pretty much "open" 24/7 so we are working/available every day and life is full.

So we average 1-3x a week depending. So for us we try and schedule trips away as that will allow us to focus on us.

It is not something we are happy about, we do try and prioritize it as much as we can, and we both stay committed to fitting it in when possible as well as forgiving the other person, as well as ourselves, when we can't.

thefooloftheyear
I would say yes for both my husband and I. With travel, long commute, animals, and very stressful jobs, sex can get pushed to the wayside. And unfortunately, for myself, I struggle greatly at night and am less in the mood whereas my "best" time is morning which is not the case for him.

Plus add to that I am up at 4:40am every morning to head to work (thank the lovely traffic in my area), in bed by 9:30, at work for roughly 10 hours on a given day. It is hard to get in the mood. I can be so tired that I literally lose some of my sense of feel and my nerve endings are dulled.

It's sad but when I travel I actually get more sleep and less stressed than when home. And there isn't a lot that I can change. I am an executive so it is what it is, our company is pretty much "open" 24/7 so we are working/available every day and life is full.

So we average 1-3x a week depending. So for us we try and schedule trips away as that will allow us to focus on us.

It is not something we are happy about, we do try and prioritize it as much as we can, and we both stay committed to fitting it in when possible as well as forgiving the other person, as well as ourselves, when we can't.

True....

I dont think people realize how much a truly hectic persons life can affect these other things...The ones that can do it under any circumstances or stress/conditions.?....well...I tip my hat..

TFY

• Like 4

If you and your fiancee are happy with the frequency of sex, does it matter what anyone else does or prefers?

Personally my libido correlates quite strongly with how busy I am, as does my SO's. So yes, 'being too tired' is a perfectly acceptable reason around here. :laugh: Once a week does sound a bit on the low side to me, but then again we have neither kids nor dog, so I can't tell how it'd be with those.

• Like 1

I think also it takes "getting" yourself into the mood....

I think some people think excitement and desire for sex is just supposed to "happen" by itself, but sometimes you gotta plan for it...

Like at work, send your SO a sexy text like 'when you get home, I'll be naked and ready ;) '...By the time you put on some sexy music in your iPod or car and exchanged some sexy texts, by the time you get home you can probably do a quickie before you get boggled down with the routine.

Put it on the calendar...literally. Just pick any day and make it happen. Pick up take out, forget dealing with the pets/family. Send the kids to stay overnight by friends. Catch up or forget housework and make it happen!!!