Entitled women on dating sites???

Is it just me or does it seem that many women on dating sites/apps have an entitled mindset?

They know that most guys will chase them so they figure they can just get back to us whenever they feel like it, with out much regard for manners or respect.

Especially on the Tinder app… Where you can only message each other if you both agree to like each other's profile. In my crazy way of thinking… If a woman matches my profile and I sent her a message she obviously must be interested in me…isn't that why she clicked my profile to begin with? But noooo… I'll send her a message, and a day will go by, three days, sometimes a week before you get a reply… Sometimes you never get a reply.

But no matter how long I wait for that reply… As soon as I send another message to the woman voicing my opinion… They instantly find time to reply within 2 to 3 minutes. Usually chewing me out and saying I'm the rude one for complaining and that they are always just so busy and haven't had time to get back to me.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but yes there are a lot of entitled women out there. I usually have it down to the way they have been raised, thanks mostly to their Moms usually who become their besties growing up, and raise them to think things will get given to them.

If there is one thing that really pisses me off negatively about a woman, it is the entitlement issue. My ex had this bone in her, and she has raised her now adult daughter the same way. I was going to do everything within my power to make sure she never received alimony from me, and that is exactly what happened in the end....phew

You can imagine me moving forward, it high on my red flag list. In my dating thus far, I have bet some women who have bought me stuff vice versa, but to just expect me to do everything.....not going to happen sweetie :rolleyes:

Some of those women on OLD are also jaded, and are looking for some men to pay for whatever it is that their ex did to them. The ones that make me laugh, are the "completed a 2yr diploma" / "administration" "self employed" types, looking for a man with a good job / professional (read: makes loads of money than me)

• Like 2
WhatIsLove2014

I love how you talk about women so badly and in such general terms. You really think women don't go through the same thing. Read the posts on here about the no replies, disappearing men and various other jerk actions. I understand you are frustrated but just like not all men are jerks, not all women are entitled, lack communication, watch reality tv and drink coffee all day.

Yes, there are entitled women out there just like men. Men and women who seem interested then you never hear from them. There are plenty of men and women out there just looking for ego boost, looking for hookups and nothing more. There are always men/women who think you seen great on paper but just aren't interested in you once they talk to you or meet you. There's nothing wrong with it. Keep it moving, they aren't the one for you. It may take you forever to find a woman, if you do find one. But relax, don't take it so personally.

• Like 5

They just use it to stroke their ego and sometimes they swipe the wrong way just to get matches. Every time you swipe right and send a message, you've already given them what they want.

• Like 3
  • Author

I should just put a disclaimer in my signature so I don't have to repeat this every time I post a thread. I already know that not everyone is the same… I never said in this thread that Everywoman is the same… The thread specifically covers the entitled women. Nobody else said that every woman is like that either. But in my experience, majority of the women have fallen under that heading.

I am specifically talking about the women that purposely drag their feet with communication because they know that guys will chase and wait for them. I don't understand why there is always a group of women that have to come in and badger the male OP when he voices his opinion about something he has experienced. You act like I don't have the right to tell my story about what's happened to me when I've interacted with women. It's almost like you are trying to discredit me so nobody ever says anything bad about your gender. And yes… Everybody with common sense knows that things happen on both sides of the aisle… But to come in here and point that out on every thread… What is the point? That's as ridiculous as me making a statement that I saw a woman with purple hair today… And you running in shouting that "men die their hair purple too!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Author

I'm allowed to post whatever I want about my experiences that I've had when interacting with women. So for you to keep posting that men do it too… Is totally redundant and unnecessary.

I should just put a disclaimer in my signature so I don't have to repeat this every time I post a thread. I already know that not everyone is the same… I never said in this thread that Everywoman is the same… The thread specifically covers the entitled women. Nobody else said that every woman is like that either. But in my experience, majority of the women have fallen under that heading.

I am specifically talking about the women that purposely drag their feet with communication because they know that guys will chase and wait for them. I don't understand why there is always a group of women that have to come in and badger the male OP when he voices his opinion about something he has experienced. You act like I don't have the right to tell my story about what's happened to me when I've interacted with women. It's almost like you are trying to discredit me so nobody ever says anything bad about your gender. And yes… Everybody with common sense knows that things happen on both sides of the aisle… But to come in here and point that out on every thread… What is the point? That's as ridiculous as me making a statement that I saw a woman with purple hair today… And you running in shouting that "men die their hair purple too!!!!"

I get frustrated with this too. Just last night I posted this.

Why do you ladies do this when someone says something that applies in general?

It's like if a girl says that every guy she met on OLD was just looking for sex. Even though I'm not one of those guys, I know that it's generally true. I'm not gonna say "funny I don't do that"

• Author
I've run into just as many entitled men.

So maybe the question should be… Why do non-entitled women not reply to me when I message them? Because I have definitely altered my standards since using OLD. I message women all up and down the ranges of looks weight and income, yet I still get treated the same way 90% of the time, no matter who I am interacting with.

WhatIsLove2014

Fake profiles, not interested, ego boosts, not active or truly busy so many different reasons. That's why I said don't take it personally.

• Like 3

You have choices regarding how you process the stimulus which forms the emotional memories which cause you to reflect on 'entitled women on dating sites'. People are who they are do what they do. With billions of them on the planet, most of whom you'll never interact with at all, who they are and what they do is largely irrelevant. IMO, focus on those who interact in a compatible manner and the rest are merely electrons in the universe.

Myself, I struggle to think of one entitled woman I met on and and interacted with from an online dating site. I'm sure I did, but can't remember any of them for the life of me. Maybe there's an answer in that. I met a lot more demonstrably entitled, and cruel, and mean, women in real life.

Disclaimer: My OLD experience dates back to 1995 but I haven't actively used the medium since 2010, so YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Author
How can you know what these women are thinking and what their reasons are for not answering?

Because I've been doing this long enough and 95% of them give the same excuse and same answer after I call them out.

You would be surprised how many women change their tune after I bitch about what they did. They drop their attitude, drop the games, and are apologetic.

It seems to me that expecting a speedy response from a complete stranger, just because they happened to click on your profile, is a more entitled mindset. I should think that it's quite common for people to read a message then mean to respond to it but get sidetracked by other things. Which wouldn't suggest a high level of interest, but somebody feeling a bit lukewarm about you doesn't automatically equate with them having a high level of entitlement.

• Like 7
  • Author

Myself, I struggle to think of one entitled woman I met on and and interacted with from an online dating site. I'm sure I did, but can't remember any of them for the life of me

Try dating the women in NE Ohio… It's a totally different experience. And yes I have other experiences to compare it to since my job has allowed me to interact and meet women in other states.

I am not the only one that feels this way about the women in this area… I have heard countless other guys complain and bring up the topic on their own with zero input from me during the conversation.

Because I've been doing this long enough and 95% of them give the same excuse and same answer after I call them out.

You would be surprised how many women change their tune after I bitch about what they did. They drop their attitude, drop the games, and are apologetic.

Dude you're getting too worked up over this. You wanna know the best way to handle this. Don't send them any messages or just delete your profile and stop adding to the dozens of men messaging them.

Relieve yourself of this frustration and make it one less man interested in them.

• Like 1
Dude you're getting too worked up over this. You wanna know the best way to handle this. Don't send them any messages or just delete your profile and stop adding to the dozens of men messaging them.

Relieve yourself of this frustration and make it one less man interested in them.

I completely agree, if it bothers you this much, just stop using dating sites all together!

Try a different method of meeting potential women to date. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
I completely agree, if it bothers you this much, just stop using dating sites all together!

Try a different method of meeting potential women to date. :)

I have no other means to meet women due to my work schedule and limited social circle.

WhatIsLove2014
I have no other means to meet women due to my work schedule and limited social circle.

But you aren't getting anywhere. You are posting about how you can't find anyone and why women this and why women this. But even if you have no other means...you still arent getting anywhere so how is that anymore productive?

• Like 1
  • Author
But you aren't getting anywhere. You are posting about how you can't find anyone and why women this and why women this. But even if you have no other means...you still arent getting anywhere so how is that anymore productive?

Nobody said it's productive… It's been the same outcome for the past three years… And it'll be the same outcome until I either go crazy enough or jump off a bridge. Or maybe both :-)

Try to increase your social circle, and / or be patient. Finding a compatible dating partner can take a long time, but if you stop trying so hard and just let things happen (try to get out and meet more people when you can etc) you may well bump into someone who turns out to be a great match when you least expect it. :)

Edited by Mopparon
Why not? I don't have anything else to do.

Because you think...

...it'll be the same outcome until I either go crazy enough or jump off a bridge. Or maybe both...

Doesn't sound like a good path to go down. :(

• Like 1