Met a girl on match, she gave me number but did not return my text yet

We had a great e-mail conversation on match so I finally gave her my number. She replied by saying hat she really enjoyed talking to me on match and would love to talk on the phone or meet up. She gave me her e-mail and phone number and told me I could call her. This she sent me yesterday morning. This morning I sent her this text:

"Hi Anna, when is a good time to call you? I'm free after 5 this afternoon. Hope you have a great day.

Eddy"

She hasn't texted back yet.... Should I call her or keep waiting? Time to move on?

She hasn't texted back yet.... Should I call her or keep waiting? Time to move on?

No, don't contact her again. And don't just hang around waiting to hear from her, either.

I'm not sure what "move on" means in this context..."move on" from what?

I think just go about your own life. If or when she contacts you, then you take it from there. If it takes her a week or three to contact you...then why not just thank your lucky stars that she's not all needy and dependent, and already has, obviously, created a full and rewarding life of her very own?

We had a great e-mail conversation on match so I finally gave her my number. She replied by saying hat she really enjoyed talking to me on match and would love to talk on the phone or meet up. She gave me her e-mail and phone number and told me I could call her. This she sent me yesterday morning. This morning I sent her this text:

"Hi Anna, when is a good time to call you? I'm free after 5 this afternoon. Hope you have a great day.

Eddy"

She already gave you permission to call her. What you could've done was simply call at a reasonable time and see if she answered (and left a voicemail if she didn't). Perhaps you can still do that.

• Author
No, don't contact her again. And don't just hang around waiting to hear from her, either.

I'm not sure what "move on" means in this context..."move on" from what?

I think just go about your own life. If or when she contacts you, then you take it from there. If it takes her a week or three to contact you...then why not just thank your lucky stars that she's not all needy and dependent, and already has, obviously, created a full and rewarding life of her very own?

Touché. FYI I'm not needy nor do I care about rejection here, I just want to go on as many dates as I can to gain experience. I'm currently talking to two more women on match and one IRL who I met on there.

Eddy"

Move on because she hasn't contacted you since you text her this morning? Who knows what she's got going on today. Maybe she is like you and has a few other people to deal with on Match that she is communicating with. Like the other poster said, if you are really interested, give her a call tomorrow after 5 and leave a message, then you can leave it at that. I've had a a couple of woman not return a first emails after they contacted me and if I had just given up at that, then I wouldn't have met and gone out with them and had at least 3-4 pretty fun dates. You never know.

• Author
Move on because she hasn't contacted you since you text her this morning? Who knows what she's got going on today. Maybe she is like you and has a few other people to deal with on Match that she is communicating with. Like the other poster said, if you are really interested, give her a call tomorrow after 5 and leave a message, then you can leave it at that. I've had a a couple of woman not return a first emails after they contacted me and if I had just given up at that, then I wouldn't have met and gone out with them and had at least 3-4 pretty fun dates. You never know.

In her last e-mail there she said her free trial ran out I think yesterday or something like that.

Anyway, I will call her tonight. I just hope that isn't overly creepy. I'm not out to give guys a bad name.

Eddy can I just say that if you had sent me a text this morning I would not have got it yet... I have been out of signal since 6:30am...

Ring her tonight (no later than 8:30) if she hasn't responded by then.

At least then you will know...

Happens on online dating.

I had a chick give me her number after texting back and forth on Tinder. Then we texted back and forth over the phone, and I set up a date for last Thursday. Said I would text her and we'd meet up for an after work drink downtown on the day.

Few days later on the day of the date, I text her early in the afternoon to ask her if she is still down for 6:15 (agreed link up time). No answer. Texted her at 6:15 as promised. No answer. Waited a few days and asked what happened Thursday and if everything was OK. No answer.

No biggie for me I had a phenomenal date the night before. Chicks who drop off the face of the earth like that are lame.

• Author

Okay, she just texted me saying she was out of town and just got back the other day, then she was trying to catch up with work. I can believe it. I rarely if ever feel like chatting after work. Come to think of it, I'm probably not going to have the energy to chat tonight since on top of working from 8 to 8 I have a cold. I'll text her saying I'll call her tomorrow.

• Like 1