Why do they waste their time?

I have a job where I am typically out of town for a week, and then the following week I am back home. I'll have conversations with women online or through Facebook, or even on the phone when I am away at work. They always love talking to me and we have great conversations. But as soon as I am back home and able to meet up in person they always go cold or come up with the Rolodex of excuses why they can't meet.

I don't understand why women love spending so much time talking to me, but then they never want to meet when given the opportunity?

Maybe they aren't who they say they are in their profiles? Maybe they're being uber picky? Maybe cold feet?

If this happens with "every" woman you meet, then maybe it's something about you?

Need more details to understand what's going on here....

• Author

50% of the time I know the women through Facebook. Some of the online women could possibly be fakes, but I usually switch to texting and phone calls and verify their pics. If it's something I'm doing, then why would they enjoy talking to me so much? That's what doesn't make sense, we have great conversations but they rarely want to meet.

Then yeah, you're probably talking to flakes, fakes, or even hookers.

I've heard of people talking about being hit up by all of the above ^^ on Facebook.

With all the flakes and fakes online, sometimes I do think it's best to do like in the old days and meet people recommended by family and/or friends...at least you have someone to verify who he/she say they are.

• Author

Thanks for not paying attention to anything I said. I just got done telling you that I know many of the women I talk to on Facebook… So how can you conclude that they're fakes or hookers?

Thanks for not paying attention to anything I said. I just got done telling you that I know many of the women I talk to on Facebook… So how can you conclude that they're fakes or hookers?

Woah, relax, don't take my response personal....

BTW, there are a lot of fakes and/or hookers on those dating websites too. I forgot what was the name of one of them that got into a lawsuit cuz they were paying people to set up fake profiles.

And even with a hooker, of course they're gonna have verifiable pictures and even give you their tel. (perhaps a burner cel they use to conduct business)...When I mean "verifiable" by family and friends - I mean people who can vouch for the person's character, values, and what they're all about (where they work, criminal/medical history, their family, if they have/had kids). You can't verify crap from anyone online until you meet them in person and spend A LOT of time with them. Sure, if you're lucky they may actually have a real pic and give you a telephone number, so does that mean you know anything significant about them (besides what they "told" you)?

I mean I was listening on the radio about this guy who was talking about how he met someone he fell in "love" with on POF. He's been "dating" her for 8 months and found out she was a hooker. Then she lied about when the last time she hooked, and on and on....So, there you go, never know who you meet on those websites...

Any other info you can give to see why these women don't wanna meet you in person? Me, personally, when I meet people online, I push to meet them in person ASAP. I want to put a face to a name.

Quit trying to date via FB. It's so gauche. They obviously aren't looking to go out on dates. If you want to date online, use match, POF, OKCupid, etc. Are you FB friends but not real life friends with these chicks?

You're looking for dates, they're looking for attention.

The question should be, why are you wasting your time? When you notice they pull back then you just cease the contact.

• Author
It sounds like they are wasting your time, not theirs.

My advice would be to talk to girls in person.

Yeah… That will work great just walking up to random women in public all by myself and talking to them. Women that I know personally, they constantly complain about guys trying to talk to them in public all the time… Majority of women can't stand guys bothering them in public. Women are very peculiar about that sort of stuff. They only want to be approached by men during a certain timeframe when they specify.

Edited by AtomZ

I do think there's an element of them just liking the attention. I even think it's become a badge of honor to be constantly on your iPhone because you have so many texts to return. Never mind that very many of them are real relationships. I think it's truly just the mark of immature women who would do this.

• Like 1