How to decline dating?

I just met this girl at school last week. We talked while at the learning lab, and exchanged numbers. We text almost every day. We texted last night and I admitted to flirting, and she said if she Wasnt single id be the first one she wants, and she even said maybe "you could steal me away". This all sounded good at the time, but I am behind in 2 classes at school (this is college I'm talking about) and I don't have time to put up with a relationship in, possibly, the near future. If it ever comes to a point where she straight up wants to dates me, asks me about it, or even goes as far as dumping her boyfriend for me, how do I decline this and keep it as friendship? I'm asking this because I've never have been in this position before.

thefooloftheyear

Why didnt she just politely tell you not to text and that she was committed to someone else?

Dont waste your time trying to date her....or if you want just bang her.... because the same crap she is doing to her current bf is going to be the same crap she winds up doing to you...

Sheesh.....:rolleyes:

TFY

• Like 2

Just start slowing down on the texting and get back to your work.

She'll get the hint soon enough...

If she ever asks, you can upright tell her, "I had to buckle down; my grades are important." THAT is clear enough.

• Like 3

Many, many times flirting is just flirting. You can't always take what people say super seriously. That being said, if it does come to that just tell her exactly what you told us.

• Like 2

You tone down the flirting & you work into conversations the idea that you are glad you aren't dating right now so you have time to focus on school without distraction.

• Like 1
  • Author
Why didnt she just politely tell you not to text and that she was committed to someone else?

Dont waste your time trying to date her....or if you want just bang her.... because the same crap she is doing to her current bf is going to be the same crap she winds up doing to you...

Sheesh.....:rolleyes:

TFY

This^

I don't even want to date her. For one, that would be a huge distraction. Two, I would be embarassed to date her.

• Author

What I hate the most is the fact she texts me all day and if I don't reply (which is usually for good reason since I've been preparing for 4 exams) she sends texts like "maybe I should try again tomorrow" or "are you dead or you just don't want to talk to me". Hate that crap.

"maybe I should try again tomorrow" or "are you dead or you just don't want to talk to me". Hate that crap.

When you get these say yes, tomorrow would be more convenient and I don't want to talk to you right now but I'll reach out when I'm free.

Do follow up but guardedly.

thefooloftheyear
What I hate the most is the fact she texts me all day and if I don't reply (which is usually for good reason since I've been preparing for 4 exams) she sends texts like "maybe I should try again tomorrow" or "are you dead or you just don't want to talk to me". Hate that crap.

You should ask her if her bf knows she's texting you all day long....

TFY

so she's overtexting now. Think what it would be like when you're her actual bf. If she has another Bf, when does she find the time?? If you're not interested you should straight up tell her, Look, I don't text a lot and I'm going to be busy studying.