Sexual vs Romantic Attraction?

Is there a difference between these two?

I've noticed that when I find someone attractive, I almost never am thinking of having sex with them at that moment. Usually it's just an urge to kiss them either on lips or nose while brushing their hair with both our eyes gazing at each other. Now that fantasy could eventually lead to sex but the sex act is not what I'm actually imagining in my head.

Occasionally I'll run into a girl where I just feel like jumping her but that's rare. Again with those women I still don't imagine the actual sex act but rather kissing/touching her all over(sorry if I'm a bit graphic haha).

Side Story: Recently I ran into one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen, it was like I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Never focused on her body but merely her face which seemed so "angelic". Sorry if this gets weird though one of the thoughts that went through my head when looking at her is picturing her pregnant in an elegant dress while conveying a warm smile which made me so happy inside :). Is this a certain type of attraction?

Thanks for the help everyone

On some levels it's splitting hairs.

I suppose I have found actors attractive in that I can fantasize about them but I'm generally dreaming about the characters they play rather then the people they are.

For romance to bloom there has to be a little of both: liking the person as a person plus being sexually aroused by them / chemistry.

i think you can be romantically attracted to someone and a desire for sex can come later......that you are attracted to exactly who they are and they seem brighter and larger than life...you see those 50 different smiles they have, the way they speak they way they treat others.......its called romanticising someone.....and yeah I do it all the time.....comes with being a poet..has little to do with sexual attraction....not saying though that sexual attraction would not develop[..but feeling romantic about someone is more a slow burn than a flash fire....deb

• Like 1

I can't think of me separating the two...

If I'm attracted to a guy I've already made up my mind if I would get naked with him...

Now yes, there's days that you just wanna get to the actual act of sex...but normally, I want to kiss, touch, explore the guy I'm into...