OLD.. just post a picture?

has anyone tried OLD with just a picture posted along with perhaps a 1-sentence intro? i am tired of always writing a profile when i believe no one even reads them. has anyone have success with a picture-only method? if you have tried it, does it get the same rate of replies as a written profile?

Sure. I have a picture up along with a very short 1-2 sentence text and it hasn't stopped me from getting flirts/smiles/messages or women responding when I write them. Having a long profile can often turn someone off you might have great chemistry with if your interests don't align.

If you're a man you have to look really good. If you're a woman you'll still get messaged, cause guys will try and see if you're interested.

I wouldn't msg a person with just pictures and one sentence. Sounds sketchy (especially if it's above-average looking pictures). And if they are real, then it tells me they really aren't putting much effort. Pass.

I don't take those profiles seriously for several reasons.

1) typical scammer pattern

2) entitlement attitude (no need to make an effort)

3) used to trading on looks - princess

4) not serious about dating or finding a relationship

5) afraid of self-disclosure, intimacy

6) just don't get it

There is a woman in my area who has been on dating sites for years with virtually no information in her profile. She has a few pics and changes them up pretty often. She is drop-dead gorgeous but has no education and it's not clear if she works or what type of work she does. The little bit of info she does have just details her list of high expectations. I'm sure she gets a lot of attention from guys trying to get laid... and very little from those looking for more depth.

You don't want to be that woman, do you?

has anyone tried OLD with just a picture posted along with perhaps a 1-sentence intro? i am tired of always writing a profile when i believe no one even reads them. has anyone have success with a picture-only method? if you have tried it, does it get the same rate of replies as a written profile?

One place where 1-sentence profiles (or shorter) are particularly popular: Tinder.

i believe no one even reads them

Why do you believe that? It's my experience that people with terrible profiles form this opinion to explain their lack of success, rather than admit that they have terrible profiles. "There's nothing wrong with me, it's the world".

Normally I would instantly skip a profile that doesn't have a proper write-up. I've only ever messaged 1 woman with only photos, that was because she had an interesting photo (not just good looking but interesting subject matter), and it led to a conversation and a meeting.

For a guy, I would say a rubbish write-up is basically OLD suicide. For a woman, it's putting off all the decent guys and encouraging those who go on looks alone.

• Like 1

For a guy, I would say a rubbish write-up is basically OLD suicide. For a woman, it's putting off all the decent guys and encouraging those who go on looks alone.

I have to disagree. If you have some decent pictures, don't look like you're pregnant and make enough effort to approach women in a unique and interesting way they respond. Just like in real life. They don't need a written resume for you to peak their interest.

I get the instinct that women without anything at all written might be scammers or signed up once and never came back but one or two lines will do. It also might be preferable if you're looking for an experience other than some guy mentioning he liked whatever movie you mentioned in your profile for the 100th time too.

Try being more creative with fewer words in your profile. Don't aim for one sentence. But do try to be clear, concise, and detailed enough to get your main points across. As a guy, I wouldn't think a one or two sentence profile is serious and wouldn't message somebody with such.

And I always read profiles, fyi. Some of us out there really do.

The problem is you're assuming nobody reads the profiles. The reality is that guys looking for sex (90%+ of your inbox) don't read the profiles. Guys who are looking for someone compatible to date actually do.

If you barely bother writing a profile, all you succeed in doing if filtering out the vast majority of the guys who were looking to actually date, thus making it even harder for you to find a decent guy.

• Like 1