I know that there isn't a magical number here

I was just wondering for any of you that have dealt with trust issues in the past, how long did it take you to get over that, and trust again. I know I sound like a broken record on here about trust, but it's killing me...My Ex husband of 15 years cheated on me, and at a terrible time in my life. My mother was diagnosed with Cancer on 10/28, she passed on 12/8, and my ex husband left on 1/1. So pretty rough few months for me. Now, almost 3 years later, I am a mess with trust issues. I am going to therapy, and I know this all takes time...but I distrust EVERYTHING...Found a reddish/Brown hair in the guy that I am datings truck, and I speculate...I look for signs of cheating all of the time...It's really exhausting, and I don't even have the energy anymore. But I have to say, it's the worst feeling in the world, to not trust a person.... :confused::mad:

I went thru a similar phase. What eventually got me out of it was truly and repeatedly acknowledging that my new GF was not my exwife and my GF had not done these things to me.

I was just wondering for any of you that have dealt with trust issues in the past, how long did it take you to get over that, and trust again. I know I sound like a broken record on here about trust, but it's killing me...My Ex husband of 15 years cheated on me, and at a terrible time in my life. My mother was diagnosed with Cancer on 10/28, she passed on 12/8, and my ex husband left on 1/1. So pretty rough few months for me. Now, almost 3 years later, I am a mess with trust issues. I am going to therapy, and I know this all takes time...but I distrust EVERYTHING...Found a reddish/Brown hair in the guy that I am datings truck, and I speculate...I look for signs of cheating all of the time...It's really exhausting, and I don't even have the energy anymore. But I have to say, it's the worst feeling in the world, to not trust a person.... :confused::mad:

The most important lesson learned in my life so far is that all is totally specific. In relation to events and also people. Generalizing anything sets us up for more negative. Sounds so simple. Yet, not something we always actually acknowledge. In relation to this same theme then. Only you can decide when the time is right.