Why do people put good looking people on such a pedestal?

HopelessRomantic76

It seems as if people lose their senses around good looking people of the opposite sex men can be seen drooling over hot women all the time but ladies do the same I see even my married friends treat good looking men like gods it gets pretty pathetic IMO

I get physical attraction I appreciate a handsome man but I acknowledge he's good looking and that's where it ends I don't get people who lose their heads when there around good looking people and act like they're supreme beings.

Why do attractive people have such a spell on people?

• Like 1

I don't "lose my head" but I am solely attracted to men and am a very sexual being so when I see a man I find physically attractive, I look. I may even flirt.

But I never ever "lose my head." lol I keep my cool because I myself am an attractive person so I'm confident. (=

I don't know but I wish it would stop. Too many white knights with no clue, think the girl will all the sudden become attracted to them. lol

It's normal, I won't buy a couch I don't find it good looking, or get a dog I don't find good looking, so why would I get a man I don't find good looking?

Beauty is very personal. What I find sexy and good looking may not be appealing to you. Everything in life we acquire because we like its look. From the color of paint on your wall, the clothes you buy, the car you purchase.....but not your mate?

There was a study done on toddlers. Toddlers prefer anything that has round shapes to them, from toys to cartoons they watch. If you give them a toy without the shapes they find appealing they will reject it.

• Like 1

I don't know why but at the end of the day they bleed the same blood as anybody else. Nobody gets their butt kissed by me because of how they look or how much money they have or what their status is. It's funny how it affects some of them when you don't treat them like superior beings.

• Like 1
  • Author
HopelessRomantic76
It's normal, I won't buy a couch I don't find it good looking, or get a dog I don't find good looking, so why would I get a man I don't find good looking?

Beauty is very personal. What I find sexy and good looking may not be appealing to you. Everything in life we acquire because we like its look. From the color of paint on your wall, the clothes you buy, the car you purchase.....but not your mate?

There was a study done on toddlers. Toddlers prefer anything that has round shapes to them, from toys to cartoons they watch. If you give them a toy without the shapes they find appealing they will reject it.

You misunderstood me of course looks matter in dating my point is I don't get how some adults let good looking people effect them so much and put em on a pedestal as human beings

My good friend who's married always talks about her husbands friend who's good looking it's kinda creepy she laughs at everything he says it's like she's never seen a good looking person before

It's ok to acknowledge a good looking person but to continually drool over that person I don get

• Like 1

I get physical attraction I appreciate a handsome man but I acknowledge he's good looking and that's where it ends I don't get people who lose their heads when there around good looking people and act like they're supreme beings.

I'm the same.

I don't lose my mind because a man is attractive and there are men that look good but I have not one ounce of physical attraction to them whereas I feel all giddy over a man who is less handsome because he has a certain something about him.

People are people, beautiful or not and I think it's silly when people idolize people for it.

It's not about not appreciating good looks...that's one thing but to lose your mind over it is another. I remember one thread in which the person went on and on about not being good enough for a woman and named it was because she was so good looking like a model.:rolleyes: I was like is that all???? Okay...??? I mean maybe I'm used to being around attractive people or something where it's like okay you're pretty and what else? I'm a normal person who can get hot and bothered but not to where I act like they are better than me or they are so wonderful ONLY because they are attractive looking.

I think of it like the Miss World pageant, the MINIMUM requirement is for you to be pretty. Everyone else in line is about as pretty as you are and that's a given so pretty alone doesn't make you win. The judges have seen thousands of pretty women and you're but a new one...so judging you and you winning means you have to be able to have other things going on for you besides you're pretty. That's how I feel about attractive looking people...

Edited by MissBee
lollipopspot

I differ from you a bit there. I'd certainly get a dog I didn't find attractive, if the personality was great, or the dog was a rescue and needed me and I could take them in. In my mind there are much more important qualities than appearance when it comes to living beings.

Even the couch - all things being equal, I'd get the more attractive one. But I probably would buy a couch that wasn't that great looking if it was extremely comfortable.

A guy is no different. If he looks great, that's nice. But I care more about the personality and other qualities.

• Like 2

I don't really see myself as a good looking guy. I don't think I'm ugly or anything....it's not super attractive. However, once I started college, a lot women told me I was really handsome. While I appreciated those compliments, what I began to notice is that people (women) would behave...maybe irrationally, I guess...around me and it became very easy to get what I wanted.

I'm not taking about sex. I'm talking about cooperation. Leniency. Favors. Little stuff like that. So now, I guess I take advantage of that. If I'm having a problem with something, for instance, and I have to deal with a woman to get it fixed, I just know that it will be taken care of in my favor. Or I can get out of paying for something. Stuff like that.

Hey....smoke em if you got em.

We get a shot of dopamine when we look at them. It's natures way of making us look for the best genes possible....

Supernatural

It's human nature.

And years and years of the media telling us that beauty is power reinforces this. Everything people want is sold with an attractive person. From Paper towel, to a new car. Good looking people on magazines, billboards, the news.

It's just the way it is. Adapt.

You may not be super beautiful naturally; but there is a lot of things you can do to enhance your appearance. You don't have to look like a model to be really attractive.

Because like many have said.. You can physically attractive, open your mouth and lose all attractiveness. Everyone has something about them.

Be confident that you're awesome. Really believe that.

Dress well.

Don't give away your power.

have personal style.

Don't self doubt.

And don't think just cause you lack physical beauty you're not worth it.

Know how to talk.

Be intelligent.

Few people are actually 'ugly' physically. Although, I know a lot of 'normal' looking people who think they are ugly and everything suffers because of this. Their diet, their clothing choices, their health, their posture, their self belief, and their confidence is non-existent. So then they stop taking care in their look and soon enough their thoughts of themselves are ugly that they lose their personality and everything isn't fun.

Look at some stars... They are not physically attractive. Look at what they say and how they hold themselves. People want to be them; not because they are beautiful. But because they own themselves and don't reject it.

Feeling sorry for yourself? You're heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 2
Supernatural

If you worked out 3 times a week accompanied with a solid diet, and earned a lean body - looked great naked, Dressed well - layers, accessories, etc. Great make-up; right amount and colors for you (if you're a woman). A nice maintained haircut - short, medium, long.. Doesn't matter.

From that alone you would increase your attractiveness HUGELY without opening your mouth.

Now if you believed in your own voice, stood in your power, took everyone off of a pedestal, had good posture, had your confidence, didn't get serious about everything, had a sense of humor, weren't afraid to talk to strangers at all...

Damn. Add the two together.

Attractive people are attractive because they believe they are. You can meet attractive people who are not attractive.

Everything comes down to belief.

• Like 2
Supernatural
I wish there was no such thing as dopamine.

Then you would always feel depressed. Nothing in life would have ever happened.

You would be indifferent to everything. You wouldn't work, you would have sex, you wouldn't be active, you wouldn't do anything.

• Like 1

How much of it, do you think, is an attraction to natural beauty and how much of it is an attraction to something we are conditioned by the media to think of as beauty (and therefore a desirable quality as beauty can gain benefits and advantages over peers)?

There is no cultural rite of passage that turns off our "monkey brain". Marriage included.

Our primal instincts give us tiny doses of euphoria each time we lay eyes on attractive appearance or behaviour. Good looking people can simply make us feel good. Where we go with that emotion is then dependent on our personality, social conditioning, cultural cues and everything else about us that makes us an individual.

blue_jay_bird

Everyone keeps forgetting that in the long run looks aren't everything.

Yes, Someone (everyone) may go gaga over the perfect breasts, chiseled jaw but. .. in the end when that person starts showing how ugly they are in the inside most people get out of the way.

Step back and you will see the bigger picture.

I know it's hard to see how society is not obsessed with the superficial.

But you can find many people who are not... or at lest trying not to be.

thefooloftheyear

I dunno.....I find a lot of folks on both sides who put people on pedestals....yes, even ugly and undesirable ones...

TFY