Normal professional friendliness?

There is a girl who works in the local branch of the bank I use who seems to be over friendly ...

When she serves me, she is a very communicative person. I.e. if it is a Monday, she asks how my weekend was an tells me what she got up too etc. etc.

Last week, I walked in to use a self service machine. I did not spot her standing at one of those greeting counters. I was standing at the terminal when I hear "Hello stranger!" quite loudly (for a bank). Quite shocked, I turned round and it was her. She asks how I am, moves away from her post to engage me in conversation which included asking where I lived and my plans for weekend etc.

I walked away afterwards bemused thinking to myself that she should not really have done that as she could get into trouble with a manager but it was nice.

Today, I walked in to get some change (self employed I am), she served me again. We had a chat as per usual. At the end, she hands over the change, looks me in the eye and says "Will I see you again later ... (pause) ... to do your banking?" I replied very innocently "No, not today I am afraid". She smiled and gave me a little wave. I only ever go into the bank once in the morning unless I forget something but that is very rare.

Been thinking on and off all day today - Is this woman displaying good customer service or something else?

As she is working in the greeting counter she is greeting as usual. I don't see that she is inviting you to her bed or something. I assume that she is talented greeting officer at the bank. Might be you are foolish to think beyond something else. :)

She's getting ready to suck you into a mortgage refinance or line of credit.

It's like when a beautiful woman just starts chatting you up out of nowhere, getting personal, flirty and overly interested in you. Get ready for her to try to sell you a house.

• Like 2
  • Author

LOL .... love the replies.

Zeurich, I was waiting for her to invite me into a quite, dimly lit side office to ambush me with a mortgage offer or a business loan if I am honest but it hasn't happened ... yet!