You're walking with your S.O., and you meet a good looking fellow. How do you react?

I'm just curious. In my case, sometimes I pray hard in my heart so they don't see them. lol

How about you? How do you feel and what do you do?

TheyCallMeOx

My ex-girlfriend and I had a mini-argument over something like that. We were fishing and I saw a woman in a bikini. She didn't catch me looking, but she knew I looked and she made a big deal out of it. Prior to that, I dated a bi-sexual for two years; completely different reaction I would've gotten. My ex-girlfriend argued with me, but my first love would've said "she looks pretty good." I, personally, don't think much of it. I'm not the most attractive dude in the world so I don't expect a woman to have all her eyes on me at all times. What I'm not going to do is try to make a woman feel guilty about it. She's welcome to look at dudes, as long as I'm welcome to look at woman. It's all about trust and communication. If I know that she loves me and would tell me if something is wrong, then I'll assume that the only reason why she's looking at another dude is because he's just good lookin and that's it. However, if our relationship is deteriorating and all she does is look at dudes more than she looks at me, then there's more to the story.

My ex was bi... Or at least bi curious. I'd catch her checking out girls all the time, or she'd point them out to me. So there was no issue if she ever saw me looking either.

As far as looking at men goes, mostly I would either not be bothered if she saw someone, or else I'd playfully mock her taste in guys.

That's the best dynamic I've had. You need to be genuinely secure with each other for it to work.

• Like 2

In case my SO missed seeing him, I'd point him out for her viewing pleasure. She does the same for me when there's an attractive woman nearby.

• Like 1

A fleeting glance, perhaps a smile & then move on. DH is important, not some pretty face I happen to encounter. Then again, there aren't a lot of men who are better looking than my husband. :cool:

Michelle ma Belle

I'm in a relationship not dead for heaven's sake :p

Seriously, as already said, a passing and appreciative glance and on I go.

Unless that kind of thing gets you both off, there is no need to make a big production of it.

We've chosen each other for a reason after all ;)

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

I would perhaps glance in his direction, but that's it. I don't know what else I would do?

And why do you hope your SO doesn't see them?

I remember I was sitting in a dining room facing my ex one time and behind her there was a giant window out onto the pool and every 5 seconds some new girl in a bikini would walk by. With her completely oblivious of course. And this wasn't the Jenny Craig convention or anything. Talk about distracting.

I think I made a joke about it and that was that. I was usually too busy staring at her ass and hair to get too carried away elsewhere.

Quiet Storm

You can do a quick glance, but never make eye contact- that's disrespectful to the one you' re with, IMO.

• Like 1

I'd come up with a clever witty description and then call "my team"! If it's a particularly unsightly individual, then I do the same but call "your team"!

Yes, we're terrible people but people watching is one of life's simple pleasures...

We will often do detailed analysis of attractive people with each other...especially at the beach...

I would look and then move on. If a person can't handle even looking at an attractive person in a relationship maybe they shouldn't be in one.

• Like 2

Depends on how fine lol. I will point out hotties whomever I am with regardless of gender or age. My ex would not have able to handle that. If I'm with my SO, he's gonna have to go with that flow. People look, might as well be open about it. I'm not on the prowl and no hot guy is going to steal me away.

normal person

I think it's pretty ridiculous for someone to think if you're in a relationship that you're going to instantly stop being attracted to other people. If you're both mature enough you can deal with this normally but some people are more sensitive or insecure than others.

A few years ago I was at a hockey game with my then-girlfriend. Kate Upton (an actual supermodel whose job description is basically "be attractive") was in the audience and I made some comment about her and my girlfriend got seriously pissed. If there was some guy she thought was good looking I absolutely would not care, I'd think it'd be a bit strange if she didn't.

I think it's pretty ridiculous for someone to think if you're in a relationship that you're going to instantly stop being attracted to other people. If you're both mature enough you can deal with this normally but some people are more sensitive or insecure than others.

My SO actually told me she'd be worried if I stopped noticing other attractive women.

• Like 1
bubbaganoosh

My first wife and I were at a party and through the course of the evening, a girl started talking to us and the girl wasn't wearing a bra, just a T shirt and then we noticed by looking at her boobs that the girl was "aroused" and my wife got antsy and she took my arm and excused us and when we were away from her, the wife told me to keep away from her because the girl had the hots for me.

Half hour later, I was talking to my buddies wife and told her what happened and she started laughing and I finally asked what was so funny.

She then told me that the girl didn't have the hots for me but she had the hots for my wife. Well I couldn't let this one go, so on the way home, my wife was still going on about the girl with the big boobs and no bra and I finally told her that she was the on turning the woman on.........................Dead silence for the rest of the trip home except for me laughing.

Depends on whether they just look. There's no harm in looking. If he/she talks to the other person or somehow engages them, that's a problem.

Haha my fiancé will always point out good looking guys and i'll always be like "you what!? Look at his ponsy little beard/sunglasses/hair/etc! I could take him! :p'. :laugh:

She'll point out good looking girls too though like "Alfie, 6 o'clock in the white top - fit?"

We both know its all just harmless banter though, nothing to get stressy about!

• Like 1

:confused:

Nothing.

What do you mean meet? Do you mean you just see another good looking man in passing?

If so, nothing. I look and move on. I don't think twice about it or react in any kind of way. When I'm in my relationship I tend to be generally very enamored with my SO and a good looking man I don't know is just that...I am more the type to swoon over a man I actually have a conversation with who is witty or funny or something but I don't get that hot and bothered just by seeing a hot man in passing.