Name something your partner recently did for you that made you happy

Nikki Sahagin

Mine is as follows: (Sorry, LoveShack won't seem to let me create new paragraphs). His upstairs roomies invited him to a strip club tomorrow night. It's a mix of guys and girls going. When we first met, before we went out, I told him my opinion of strip clubs (I've been to one twice) and I really dislike the environment because I consider it to be a place of temptation, disrespectful to the person you are in a relationship with and also unfair to girls 'forced' into that industry...to me it's a bit like watching Gorillas in the zoo when they should be free in the wild. He knew my opinion on this, mentioned the flatmates idea and said, "But you don't need to worry because I'm not going to go. They're all chewing me out for it, but you and me are a team and I'd never do anything to make you unhappy." The fact that he respected my wishes enough to not go has made me love him 100 times more. I really do. He reminded me that relationships are a team and that when you respect each others opinions and views, you can build a stronger relationship. I honestly love him about 10 times more. Now share your stories :)

• Like 3

I'm happy you found somebody who respects & shares your views

Last big thing DH did was buy me a dozen roses a few weeks ago. Last little thing: he did the dishes last night without me asking him to.

• Like 2
I'm happy you found somebody who respects & shares your views

Last big thing DH did was buy me a dozen roses a few weeks ago. Last little thing: he did the dishes last night without me asking him to.

This sounds like a good template. :)

Last big thing: Letting me know (and reinforcing via actions) that he fully supports me in making whatever decisions I need to make for my future and career - as long as I'm happy, we'll make it through any short-term disadvantages together.

Last little thing: Making a 2-hour drive back after a 16-hour shift to spend one additional night with me.

• Like 1

Not really my partner, just someone I’ve been dating, but he held a parking spot for me, kissed me when I was golfing badly, and drove the cart to my car to drop off my clubs. :love:

• Like 1
2.50 a gallon

She was out shopping last week and bought me two new pairs of tennies, when she ran across a sale of buy one get one free. When I tried to pay her back she refused. So I took her out to her favorite Mexican restaurant.

• Like 2
WrinkledForehead

I came down with a nasty cold a couple days ago. Yesterday he went to the grocery store and bought my whole grocery list; I'd only expected a few essentials. It is such a kind and helpful gesture!

• Like 2

Most recently - brought me a drink while I was working on a paper (10 minutes ago) but I could fill pages with nice things he does for me. "Acts of service" is one of our love languages, so we do it all the time.

• Like 1

He listened to me ramble about my having a hard time with my mom's birthday and feelings surrounding her passing last year. Had the sweetest couple things to say about it

Latest little thing: he was getting all dirty at work and sent me a picture of his dirty face and arm cause I loooove it ;)

• Like 1

I'm in a LDR.

Getting up at 4 am to catch the earliest plane so that he could spend the maximum amount of time with me on his last visit.

Making me the first and last person he talks to every day despite being so far apart & letting me know spontaneously he misses me just as much - words and actions - whenever we have day(s) we cannot talk much.

• Like 2

Cleaned out my seahorse tank cause I'd said I was going to have to do it after I got in from work :D

Which is doubly awesome of her cause I know she hates doing it and cause no tank to clean leaves more time tonight for me to.....uh, say thanks ;):bunny:

• Like 2
todreaminblue
Cleaned out my seahorse tank cause I'd said I was going to have to do it after I got in from work :D

Which is doubly awesome of her cause I know she hates doing it and cause no tank to clean leaves more time tonight for me to.....uh, say thanks ;):bunny:

i relate to this....lol.....i dont have a partner but when i did my ex would help me clean my fishtanks ....i have a big one a tropical tank and a gold fish tank a four footer and a six footer......and i was struggling to clean them myself i had let them go fro so long i just decided i needed to see the fish......and a guy i had staying with me......who didnt have anywhere else to stay......said ill help you deb.......and he got right in there and helped em do a complete water change .......now they are sparkly and beautiful again......this guy also would offer to help me anytime with dishes ...complimented me on my cooking and was so appreciative just because i gave him a lounge to sleep on......he has gone back to his parents now he was only young like 19 i think.......

he was randomly kind......and i appreciated his help......especially since he had no reason to help me i never asked him too....i thought that was sweet especially since his motivation was just to help me out..deb

• Like 2
i relate to this....lol.....i dont have a partner but when i did my ex would help me clean my fishtanks ....i have a big one a tropical tank and a gold fish tank a four footer and a six footer......and i was struggling to clean them myself i had let them go fro so long i just decided i needed to see the fish......and a guy i had staying with me......who didnt have anywhere else to stay......said ill help you deb.......and he got right in there and helped em do a complete water change .......now they are sparkly and beautiful again......this guy also would offer to help me anytime with dishes ...complimented me on my cooking and was so appreciative just because i gave him a lounge to sleep on......he has gone back to his parents now he was only young like 19 i think.......

he was randomly kind......and i appreciated his help......especially since he had no reason to help me i never asked him too....i thought that was sweet especially since his motivation was just to help me out..deb

It is quite an effort as well isn't it! You have to take the filter apart, and siphon the water in/our :laugh: tanks are more work than you'd think!

• Like 1
todreaminblue
It is quite an effort as well isn't it! You have to take the filter apart, and siphon the water in/our :laugh: tanks are more work than you'd think!

took us hours...fish water in the mouth.......retchin...laughing........but shepp the end result .....awesome......smilin.....deb

Getting on an early morning flight to come home from his business trip as early as possible.

Helping take care of the paperwork for a significant financial opportunity for us to make it happen.

Constantly scouting out the next vehicle for me. :laugh:

Supporting my hobby/passion and helping make it happen. :love:

• 3 months later...
  • Author
Nikki Sahagin

Thought I'd try to keep this thread alive coz I think it adds a little positivity to Loveshack!

* Bought me KFC

* Cheered me up when I was in a mood by giving me a massage and a cuddle

* Has me as his background photo on his phone (I always think it's sweet when guys do this!)

• Like 1
eye of the storm

Sent me links to some publications I was having trouble finding.

Included some questions to research

And told me how smart and capable I am.