It's hard to be attracted to tall women when your a short guy

I love tall women and I don't know why really. The taller the better, upwards to 6'0 or over and I can't explain my attraction to them. I will admit to fighting these feelings from the time I started dating way back when. Also, when you barely stand 5'6, trying to date the women who you feel naturally and physically attracted to can be a serious challenge. Most of them want men of the same height or taller to keep up with the appearances of western culture.

Your family and friends certainly influence how you choose partners too. Being told constantly that "she's too tall for you, don't waste your time, you'll look odd and foolish, keep dreaming man you're not tall enough for her," does wear you down a bit.

I don't consider myself a heightist or height prejudiced because I have approached and dated women my height and shorter. I find short women attractive too but I must mention that most rejections have come from women in the 5'0 to 5'4 range. I also question if my affinity for tall ladies stems from the experiences I've had with short women.

Reactionary due to rejection?

salparadise

I think you may be reactionary due to the prejudices of western culture, and perhaps by believing that you are height disadvantaged at 5' 6". Since you are also attracted to shorter women, this probably means that you should try to quit thinking about height and date women who you find attractive generally, and with whom you find chemistry and compatibility.

While there are obviously tall women that would prefer a tall man, there are also a lot that would choose the right man over a tall man. They probably view themselves as height disadvantaged too, and unless they are stunningly gorgeous supermodel types, realize that narrowing the field to the very tall men may leave them perpetually single. I have a good friend who is your height and married a 6' woman, and they've been happily married for decades now. I know quite a few others who have dated against the cultural bias and has good relationships.

You only need one good one who doesn't subscribe to these expectations to make it completely a non-issue. I say go where the chemistry leads you and don't allow yourself to make up stories in your head that limit who you're allowed to date, either because of height or past rejections from someone of the same type (which is a completely arbitrary factor for shorter women).

you can't win at a game of darts

If you don't toss the darts pal

keep tossing -- hope for a game winning dart

• Like 3
  • Author
you can't win at a game of darts

If you don't toss the darts pal

keep tossing -- hope for a game winning dart

I've been tossing too long lol.

• Like 1

I am strangely attracted to tall girls. I'd date one in a heartbeat if I had had the chance...

Glinda.Good
I am strangely attracted to tall girls. I'd date one in a heartbeat if I had had the chance...

Aren't you married though? I guess that limits your chances ;)

Aren't you married though? I guess that limits your chances ;)

Not yet. But yes, that ship has sailed. :laugh:

• Author
I think you may be reactionary due to the prejudices of western culture, and perhaps by believing that you are height disadvantaged at 5' 6". Since you are also attracted to shorter women, this probably means that you should try to quit thinking about height and date women who you find attractive generally, and with whom you find chemistry and compatibility.

While there are obviously tall women that would prefer a tall man, there are also a lot that would choose the right man over a tall man. They probably view themselves as height disadvantaged too, and unless they are stunningly gorgeous supermodel types, realize that narrowing the field to the very tall men may leave them perpetually single. I have a good friend who is your height and married a 6' woman, and they've been happily married for decades now. I know quite a few others who have dated against the cultural bias and has good relationships.

You only need one good one who doesn't subscribe to these expectations to make it completely a non-issue. I say go where the chemistry leads you and don't allow yourself to make up stories in your head that limit who you're allowed to date, either because of height or past rejections from someone of the same type (which is a completely arbitrary factor for shorter women).

Short women have a lot more selection by the rules of western culture. They have more men to choose from, especially considering some tall men feel threatened by an equally tall or taller women.

I tend to believe less and less that my attraction is reactionary. From the beginning I always had my eyes on the taller girls more. When authority and society force you to pair up against your will from your days in school, reality is trying yout best to break the mold.

I still prefer the taller ladies in spite of the fact that most of them will not notice me or refuse to notice.

Is it wrong for me to channel my focus towards what I physically desire in a lady with the hope that what's inside of her is better than the outside?

salparadise
I still prefer the taller ladies in spite of the fact that most of them will not notice me or refuse to notice.

Is it wrong for me to channel my focus towards what I physically desire in a lady with the hope that what's inside of her is better than the outside?

No I don't think it's wrong. Everyone is entitled to their preferences, and to date those to whom they're attracted, even if that narrows the field of potential partners. I say just date women you find attractive generally, and if that means gravitating toward taller women then so be it. The only way I believe this is a mistake for you is if you become so rigid in your thinking that you pass over wonderful women with whom you might have a beautiful life for no other reason than their height. It's really no different than having a stated preference for weight, baldness, or attached vs. detached ear lobes. It's your life and your preference, but it's not rational to consciously decide to limit possibilities based on a single criteria... unless it's necessary for you.

Why are you focused on height characteristics to the exclusion of all others?

• Author
No I don't think it's wrong. Everyone is entitled to their preferences, and to date those to whom they're attracted, even if that narrows the field of potential partners. I say just date women you find attractive generally, and if that means gravitating toward taller women then so be it. The only way I believe this is a mistake for you is if you become so rigid in your thinking that you pass over wonderful women with whom you might have a beautiful life for no other reason than their height. It's really no different than having a stated preference for weight, baldness, or attached vs. detached ear lobes. It's your life and your preference, but it's not rational to consciously decide to limit possibilities based on a single criteria... unless it's necessary for you.

Why are you focused on height characteristics to the exclusion of all others?

Something I can honestly say I paid attention to since my pre-teens. I find women of all heights beautiful but taller women caught my eye more. Also somewhat, short women looked past me towards my taller friends, on a regular basis. Sometimes I lucked out with the tall babe in the group. Realized a whole other world of direct and indirect prejudice against taller ladies that some don't believe is valid.