What is it about crazy girls that attract guys?

nousername21

It's been my experience over the years that a lot of guys I know personally can never seem to get over their craziest ex? Why is that? Are guys attracted to crazy girls? (crazy as in controlling, moody, very needy but hot and cold, sometimes really distant, overly jealous etc)

Maybe it's just a weird trend I've noticed among the guys I've had as friends over the years but I don't know. It's an awful lot.

TouchedByViolet

Some guys are definitely into crazy. Having said that these ex-girlfriends could just be really hot. Looks are the dominant factor in my experience.

• Like 1
Why don't you act like a psycho and then tell us.

Be nice!

Craziness is sexuality weaponized and who doesn't like having a partner that's super sexual? The energy crazy girls emit can be like heroin.

• Like 2
normal person
Maybe they were really hot and the sex was great?

Don't be so sure. "Crazy" people aren't acting wild all the time. They might have some quality or trait or behavior that isn't always visible.

About two months ago I met these two girls at a bar. There was a lot of alcohol involved from the start and one of them pretty much threw herself at me. She was real cute but it wasn't until afterwards I noticed some odd mannerisms and habits about her that made me raise an eyebrow. I talked to the other friend about her and apparently this girl is just really cracking under the pressure of living in NYC, work and all and it's turning her into a very unstable person. Long story short, I probably wouldn't hook up with her again for fear of her getting too attached -- I would much rather keep an emotional distance from someone like that.

Quiet Storm

I think it's because of the intensity of the emotions. These women are passionate & impulsive, so the sex is wild & intense. It is also very flattering for some men to have a woman who wants THAT bad. They overlook the crazy things because they feel loved, wanted, desired, needed. So what if she is stalking his mom's facebook page & texting every number on his phone? She's doing it because she just loves him so much!

Of course, this behavior is not a reflection of the woman's love, but of her own issues. Issues that can't be cured by his love & affection.

My sister is a Borderline & she never runs out of men. She is very intense, emotional & sexual. She is also a manipulative liar. She has managed to fool some very smart & successful men, but normally scares them away in a matter of months. What's funny is that even if they are warned about her, they all think she's being genuine. They start out thinking they will be the one to calm her down & turn her into the perfect GF. By the end of it they are running for their lives!

• Like 7
  • Author
nousername21
All the men I know who had crazy exes said they were wild in bed. Maybe it's true.

Now that I think about it, most of them usually said the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Author
nousername21
Why don't you act like a psycho and then tell us.

That's the thing. I've had one relationship where I was completely crazy (so was he, we were young and it was both of our first relationship) like and to this day, if I see him, he can't stop himself from trying to reach out.

It's been my experience over the years that a lot of guys I know personally can never seem to get over their craziest ex? Why is that? Are guys attracted to crazy girls? (crazy as in controlling, moody, very needy but hot and cold, sometimes really distant, overly jealous etc)

Maybe it's just a weird trend I've noticed among the guys I've had as friends over the years but I don't know. It's an awful lot.

Well...I'll let you in on some trade secrets. I'm no longer on the market and happily married so I might as well share. I can't speak for all crazy girls but here is what I think. Crazy girls have fluctuating moods which tend to be very uncomfortable so they spend most of their time trying different ways to get these moods under control. I was a really fun date. Expensive but fun. I knew the best places to go and was always in the mood to party because the last thing I wanted to do was think. I was very spontaneous and knew what men wanted:

1.Men want what they can't have but if they think they might somehow get a shot then they'll try their damnedest to get it.

2. Men want what other men perceive as valuable. Crazy girls know how to get crazy attention.

3. Men crave danger it's in their DNA. If they think you're a safe bet then they'll lose interest.

...however.

Being a crazy girl is pretty painful and I've done everything in my power to uncrazy myself and I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm experiencing emotional peace.

You don't have to change who you are. Be yourself. But feel free to use any of my crazy girl suggestions just to get your next boyfriend a little hooked on you.

• Like 2

They put a ***** load of effort when pursuing someone, and as long as the honeymoon phase is on hold the bad characteristics don't come out/are ignored.

• Like 1

Crazy women usually work harder to get men invested in their relationship so by the time their true colors show the man is hooked.

Quiet Storm

Just remember that if she can love you that intensely and passionately, she can hate you just as intensely and passionately.

• Like 1
Crazy women usually work harder to get men invested in their relationship so by the time their true colors show the man is hooked.

This happened to me. Fortunately the hook came out when she yanked it a bit too hard. Not to elevate myself, but sometimes I read this verse and can't help but think it applied to my situation:

"I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare." (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

Edited by M30USA
Those crazy women have regular girls beat by a long shot in the bedroom. The crazier she is, the better the sex.

Not worth it. Don't play with explosives.

Those crazy women have regular girls beat by a long shot in the bedroom. The crazier she is, the better the sex.

not always the case

Just remember that if she can love you that intensely and passionately, she can hate you just as intensely and passionately.

That doesn't make it any less appealing. =/

That's the thing. I've had one relationship where I was completely crazy (so was he, we were young and it was both of our first relationship) like and to this day, if I see him, he can't stop himself from trying to reach out.

It's usually down to a dysfunctional upbringing, a certain way to relate to others. A lot of people actually value stability and are sad when they see what you are referring to as 'craziness'. These people will perhaps find it exciting at first but tire of it soon. Those that are permanently attracted to instability and find it hard to let go were usually brought up in an unstable environment and are unable to relate to anything else.

• Like 4

Very true.

chris rock had a bit on marriage ---

a good marriage is BORING. they are home when they say, call when late, dinner is ready on time, plans are made weeks in advance, chores are planned and agreed too.

its also safe, relaxing and enjoyable.

crazy ---- its unpredictable, exciting (in an odd way). open the door and you don't know if they will hug you or throw something at you. great for adrenaline junkies.

• Like 2
Lernaean_Hydra

A crazy hot chick can be like catnip to certain men. If she's crazy within reason - meaning maybe jealous, clingy, impulsive, volatile, temperamental, etc but there's no legitimate fear she'll try to ruin their lives, career or cause them bodily harm - and more than of just average attractiveness guys will put up with a lot.

Yet while this, of course, is not true of all men (probably not even most) and some will nope the f*k out of a situation like that immediately, and there are still plenty of men who are completely turned off by anything that even resembles "crazy" behavior....others are drawn to it.

Never forget that some men thrive on drama and will even intentionally stir the pot to feed it and do things to press this so-called crazy girl's buttons on purpose just to get a reaction out of her.

For some, it keeps the relationship feeling new and/or exciting. You don't have to deal with (or worry about) the eventual cooling off or end of the honeymoon phase when you're constantly fighting, breaking up, getting back together, having shouting matches at 2AM and trying to eventually calm her down or win her back. Or worse, swearing to yourself, god and your mother you are SO DONE with her only to have her come crawling back to you, apologetic, mewling and gentle as a newborn kitten....and the cycle continues. When things are good you're always IN the honeymoon phase.

• Like 1

Men and women want and enjoy passionate relationships. It's not the craziness. Passion without craziness would be preferable to most.

• Like 1

Maybe because they are crazy themselves. I can't think of any other reason why a man would subject himself to this.

• Like 2