Whys it ok for him to... But not me?

We are in our early 30s... We've been dating for 5 months, in a relationship for 2 months, known each other for a few years.

He always talks about our future together, ALL the time, moving in together, if I'm ready for the house, marriage, family thing, which when he makes the comments I kind of just ignore them. However in a few instances I have replied or asked him about the comments and he totally freaks out. By freaking out I mean he asks why I'm bringing it up or if I ask if that's what he wants he says "it's crossed my mind, just be patient". Patience I ask? Yet he has been the one to always say those things. It drives me nuts! And I've kindly asked him not to say those things until he was ready or really serious. Then he gets weird on me. Please help me understand the thought process of a man!?! Is he seeing my reaction or telling me what he "thinks" I want to hear?

...or, instead of playing games, use this as an opportunity to determine whether or not you two can communicate effectively.

You're in your 30s...you're not children. If his communication style is bothering you (which it would any reasonable person), then sit down and talk to him about it. Explain exactly what you did for us to him, and tell him that you would like to know where his head is at with all of it. If he pulls the same crap, I would make him understand that it is bothering you, and makes you fear for the future of the relationship as communication is key. Allow him some time to think about it, but tell him that this is a conversation that you need to have.

He talks about it as you say, but then freaks out when you do. Seems pretty wishy washy to me...especially for a man of his age.

I'd be working out whether or not you two can have a conversation, and if he doesn't play ball and discuss and address your concerns, I wouldn't waste any more of your time with him.

• Like 2
Ninjainpajamas

He's immature and manipulative, you should read between the lines at his behavior rather than his word...the truth lies somewhere in between.

Whatever you do, don't take him serious...don't let it break you down just because he's consistent without any action, don't validate for him, he may be only interested in swooning you.

Don't trust the guy.

• Author

Thanks for your comments. I have asked him not to say things he isn't ready to say or follow through with yet it's continuous. It's pretty ridiculous which is why it is incredibly annoying. And you're right. A man at his age should be past that whole stage. It's interesting to think after knowing someone for that long that you don't understand them at all.