For better or worse...

Hi, I'm new here. I didn't know what thread or forum to post on but I really need some advice. Long story short, I've been with this girl for 2 years.

I met her in school and I used to be the guy she spoke to when things weren't all that well in her life. Be it, being bullied at school or her depression. She eventually left school to move to another school back in 2011 due to excessive bullying when her best friend joined in on the bunch and picked on her. So I met her again a year and a half later and finally decided to act on my feelings and so I did and we're here now two years later after two break ups :\

Anyway, we're having problems. The past two break ups were due to her depression and pushing me away. We have had fights non-stop for the past 3 weeks, I mean we'd apologize with each other and we'd be all good but it's getting out of hand. Today, we were making a day trip to a pet shop cause it was a grand opening and I agreed to come so that her dogs would behave. She muzzled the other one cause he was barking and he wouldn't stop but he eventually became quiet.

Now, I see the dog trying to take the muzzle off and it bites me. So I got angry and flicked its nose and she lost it. She loves her dogs and started screaming at me for flicking him (understandable). So, me being me, shouted back and told her that I didn't appreciate being bitten. So she basically told me she hated me and she followed by hitting me in the noise with her fist.

We get into a lot of fights but no matter how angry or frustrated I was, I would never lay a finger on her, I wouldn't say that I hated her. I dunno what to do. I spoke to her about the whole thing and she said, she said and did what she said out of frustration.

I'm a little worried. Any advice?

todreaminblue

dogs need to be reprimanded when they bite...not abusively but disciplined in an appropriate manner.....she didnt like you hitting her dog and a flick on the nose or even a tap would be appropriate for a bite i would be more stern with my dog ...i have a rottie she has never bitten anyone....but if she did .....it would be quick and fast that i reprimanded her..it would be a snap tap........she would also get time out...i dont suggest you ever hit anyone even if she did hit you and it was totally wrong... have her charged..if i hit a guy and he didnt beat the living crap out of me which i would expect if I hit a guy first ...i would accept that guy had the right to have me charged for assault.........time out is what your gf needs she behaved worse than her dog...and thats bad .......

you had every right to reprimand a vicious dog......that the dog is muzzled says it all.....it bites...she needs to understand the dog can be ptu down if it continues to bite people./..i am not a cruel person my dogs are loving and mostly obedient they dotn bark constantly they will bark to let me know soemoen is here.......dogs will be dogs...i have tunnels in my back yard.....but they dont bite....and if they nip each other let alone a human......they get time out and a smack.....report the assault if it should happen again if you decide to stay with her..... let your gf face the consequences of her own actions....deb

If the dog is dangerous, & bites people she needs to be concerned about her reckless actions in brining the dog out in public.

If her dog bit you & she cares more about the dog, you don't have much of a relationship.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, she says that she sees them as her own children. Thing is, even though I know I've got every right to defend myself, I used to live in a household where my father would hit my mother when they get into fights so no matter how the situation is, defending myself and such, I just can't think of it without being reminded of how my mum would say she fell.

I know it's kinda weird hearing this from a guy but it makes me teary every time I think of it. And in addition to this, I see her caring side. I know it sounds crazy but I see the good in this girl but really, I don't know how to tackle this kind of situation.

Well, she says that she sees them as her own children. Thing is, even though I know I've got every right to defend myself, I used to live in a household where my father would hit my mother when they get into fights so no matter how the situation is, defending myself and such, I just can't think of it without being reminded of how my mum would say she fell.

I know it's kinda weird hearing this from a guy but it makes me teary every time I think of it. And in addition to this, I see her caring side. I know it sounds crazy but I see the good in this girl but really, I don't know how to tackle this kind of situation.

You tell her if she ever hits you again, you'll have her arrested for assault.

Be very wary. If she sees this badly behaved dog as a child, and is unwilling to correct it when it's wrong and instead whack you....imagine what having actual children with her would be like!!!!

• Author

Duly noted. There's just this other thing though, we had a talk when we got home from our little trip and she fixed up my hand. I told her that I was upset that she would even think to say that even if she was just frustrated and she got the message. I made it very clear, but I wasn't a dick about it, I just told her it made me feel second rate.

I'm going about this the right way aren't I? I just don't want to be an ******* over this. I know that I had the right to be angry and upset but sometimes, there's a line in how you express that.

todreaminblue
Duly noted. There's just this other thing though, we had a talk when we got home from our little trip and she fixed up my hand. I told her that I was upset that she would even think to say that even if she was just frustrated and she got the message. I made it very clear, but I wasn't a dick about it, I just told her it made me feel second rate.

I'm going about this the right way aren't I? I just don't want to be an ******* over this. I know that I had the right to be angry and upset but sometimes, there's a line in how you express that.

assault is never ok......i am glad you talked it out with her, but you have to make sure a repeat doesnt occur ...be firm with that.......the dog needs help...i suggest a professional trainer..if she loves her animal she will want the dog not to be a threat to others and end up being put down.....i have sent one of my dogs in the past to boarding school .....and the trainer taught me how to control a large and massively built dog my first rotttweiler.........with authority and calm rational behaviors..she never bit anyone and did not need a muzzle i then used her at schools for show and tell with kids who were scared of big dogs how to approach and interact......it was cool................deb

• Author

I do understand that dogs have a sort of emotional effect on people. I know cause mine got given away as I had left home due to a troubled household. I couldn't afford to keep him. He got given away and a mutual friend of the family who adopted him has told me that he gets taken to the beach every weekend and that he gets to go on a lot of walks. It's kind of a bitter sweet thing cause thinking about the dog would still make me feel down.