Because you can never have too many friends?

mortensorchid

I happened to be on a dating website (whose name I will not mention) and I came across this profile. All I can say is that this truly blows my mind ...

You ladies were just too slow. I got married to a Great woman this week. Met at work, not here.

Hope you all find your happiness too.

I know you're not used to it. It may even be unusual, to have a guy actually tell the truth up front, that he's married.

I am Not here looking to cheat, but i DO have friends here still. Don't mind talking to friendly people, You can never have to many friends.

He's REALLY looking for friends on a dating website? Doubtful. And this is not a website like AM that specifically caters to married people who are looking to cheat.

• Like 1
acrosstheuniverse

No, I'd say he's full of it. Come on. If he'd made some great friends there, which is possible but still, some wives would have an issue with that, he'd have swapped facebook or email details by now and not still be hunting for mates. It's just dodgy. If he was really looking to make friends I'd have thought he was looking in a more mixed gender area, this just looks like all he's after is women to talk to. Dodgy!

acrosstheuniverse

Also, unless he's been on the site for years, or he had a whirlwind romance and wedding with his workmate, I'd presume that he was on there while he was dating his now-wife? It just wouldn't make any sense otherwise. The 'you were too slow' definitely suggests that he was online before he met her, and yet he hasn't deleted it, so I'd wager he's the type to lurk on these sites no matter what's going on offline.

I think he's just insecure & this was the only place he could brag.

If these "friends" were truly friends, he'd have personal ways to contact them off the site & may have invited them to his wedding.

Very odd indeed. What kind of wife lets her new husband go on a dating site to talk to his friends?

Mrlonelyone

Yeah he probably just wants to let the women who "just friends"'d him and who are all single and picky know they lost out.

That said, if this is a dating site with forums he could have online friends of both genders that he does not want to loose.

• Like 1

He has probably had the FWB arrangement backfire on him too many times. Cottons on to the fact that tons of women gravitate towards emotionally unavailable guys for some reason. Gets a FWB out of it, isn't really married, but has fabricated the perfect excuse to keep things detached and maintain regular distance.

Genius.

Mrlonelyone
He has probably had the FWB arrangement backfire on him too many times. Cottons on to the fact that tons of women gravitate towards emotionally unavailable guys for some reason. Gets a FWB out of it, isn't really married, but has fabricated the perfect excuse to keep things detached and maintain regular distance.

Genius.

Or he's taking advantage of the wedding ring effect. Taken people are more attractive to a lot of people. They are seen as pre selected. They were good enough to marry and stay married to.

Animal behaviorist call it mate poaching.

The reason they like emotionally unavailable guys is because they themselves are not looking for anything serious. For many deep social and psychological reasons women don't just say that, as men do, they need the air of a relationship more than men do. Even if deep down they know it has no real future.

Perhaps, but the stories are all too common where you have an affair partner desperate and broken, struggling to win the love and affection of a liar and a cheat. Wasting years of life and doing all in their power to hold on through the substandard treatment in the vain hopes that their AP will eventually leave their spouse and live happily ever after with them.

What a situation to get yourself into...:(

• Like 1