Good looking short guys creep me out! What happened to the rest of you!

I once overheard a young woman say this while going home after work. Makes me question which handsome little guy turned her inside out and gave her the scare of her life LOL!

The other time I've heard something remotely the same was at a festival and the girl in question with two of her girlfriends said she hates short guys who are good-looking in the face. Handsome short guys are complete wastes of men that shouldn't bother with dating and relationships by her reasoning. Apparently t makes the woman look stupid and clumsy when a shorter guy is good looking.

If there is one truth that I know from this experience is that some women feel seriously threatened by a short guy who's facially attractive. I think it goes without saying that women never want their looks overshadowed by a guy who's better looking, especially if he's shorter than her. This was reassured to me after asking the friend of a girl I was interested in why she suddenly stopped being interested in me.

Her answer? "She saw you up close and feels uncomfortable because she knows you're better looking than her."

Kinda shocked me a little bit when i think about it. I would think that a girl would appreciate a good looking guy of any size. Boy was I wrong.

Can a guy be too good looking for a girl?

Sure, anyone can have any sort of weird standards and insecurities.

But in general? I know lots of women who are married to good looking shorter guys and they aren't complaining.

I know a good looking shorter guy who always has a different good looking woman on his arm.

Some women are uncomfortable with a guy who is better looking than they are, and some will proudly show him off. And everything in between.

Just like guys say they want very good looking women, but when they get one, sometimes they just live in fear of her figuring out that they can do better.

• Like 3

Can I guy be too good looking for a girl?

Sure, if she is shallow, insecure, and has no self worth.

• Like 2

Eh, I kind of know what she means.

Sometimes I see a really good looking woman 5'10 or taller and I think, "what a waste, if only she were several inches shorter."

Granted, me being 5'6 has a significant impact on why I think that way.

Can I guy be too good looking for a girl?

Sure, if she is shallow, insecure, and has no self worth.

I would have thought it the other way around. A shallow girl would go exclusivley for the good looking guys. Some insecure girls would to, to prove to themselves that they are more desirable than than the other girls and get validation that they must be hot if a hot guys has sex with them.

For a short guy, being good looking is a bonus that will help negate the hangups many women will have a bout his height. Its a bonus not a burden. For girls with height hangups it could be a dating paradox, but I'm sure she would move on quick enough. Is it like the butter face girl or a pretty girl with a stuck up/snooty personality?

For most guy's I'm sure 'being really good looking' would be an affliction they would be happy to live with. Sure you might scare off some insecure women when it comes to a relationship but many of those would be happy to go for nsa relationships. You still have the 'beautiful girl' end of the spectrum to plunder, but I really don't think too many women would knock back offers of interest from a handsome man. they might be a bit intimidated at first but if the guy came on fairly definite in his intentions, the woman will be flattered and give it a go.

• Author
I would have thought it the other way around. A shallow girl would go exclusivley for the good looking guys. Some insecure girls would to, to prove to themselves that they are more desirable than than the other girls and get validation that they must be hot if a hot guys has sex with them.

For a short guy, being good looking is a bonus that will help negate the hangups many women will have a bout his height. Its a bonus not a burden. For girls with height hangups it could be a dating paradox, but I'm sure she would move on quick enough. Is it like the butter face girl or a pretty girl with a stuck up/snooty personality?

For most guy's I'm sure 'being really good looking' would be an affliction they would be happy to live with. Sure you might scare off some insecure women when it comes to a relationship but many of those would be happy to go for nsa relationships. You still have the 'beautiful girl' end of the spectrum to plunder, but I really don't think too many women would knock back offers of interest from a handsome man. they might be a bit intimidated at first but if the guy came on fairly definite in his intentions, the woman will be flattered and give it a go.

Sometimes it's not a bonus but a serious hindrance.

If you're a short guy with a handsome face, a good number of women will look at you as a freak with a disease that hasn't grown up to adult size. I've heard women say it's really annoying and frustrating when a guy under 5'7 has the face of a model without the height or the body to go with it.

The following is one of the worst things I've heard by a group of ladies when I was going home after work.

"I'm sick and tired of short guys with handsome faces. It makes me sick to see these half-men with pretty faces that belong on tall guys. Such a waste of a man. It's like ugh, why are all the good looking guys so short. It really creeps me out"

• Author
Eh, I kind of know what she means.

Sometimes I see a really good looking woman 5'10 or taller and I think, "what a waste, if only she were several inches shorter."

Granted, me being 5'6 has a significant impact on why I think that way.

Not me!

When I see a really good looking woman who's 5'10 or taller I think, "wow she's hot, wonder if she OK dating a guy who's shorter than her."

Yeah, being 5'6 has taught me that some tall women will never, ever respect you as a man. They refuse to do so because of their own beliefs or insecurities. Heightism against short men is very real.

I still believe tall women are hot and love to admire them. It's hard to date them when they have their own height issues and seek out the same tall guys that short women desire. It doesn't stop me from looking up, making eye contact and approaching her. I just have a better gauge of the ones to approach and the ones to avoid. The tall ladies who return the eye contact positively are the best ones. It I don't pick up on it, that's my fault.

Not me!

When I see a really good looking woman who's 5'10 or taller I think, "wow she's hot, wonder if she OK dating a guy who's shorter than her."

Yeah, being 5'6 has taught me that some tall women will never, ever respect you as a man. They refuse to do so because of their own beliefs or insecurities. Heightism against short men is very real.

I still believe tall women are hot and love to admire them. It's hard to date them when they have their own height issues and seek out the same tall guys that short women desire. It doesn't stop me from looking up, making eye contact and approaching her. I just have a better gauge of the ones to approach and the ones to avoid. The tall ladies who return the eye contact positively are the best ones. It I don't pick up on it, that's my fault.

It's great that you feel that. Unfortunately I just can't.

I ran into a girl I know from college at the Salsa club last night. Unfortunately she's like 5'10 or taller and I just had no desire to talk to her. She seems to be pretty nice and friendly but I just hate having to look up when talking to women.

Also, I don't even really bother with tall women because I know that the vast majority of women want a guy taller than them. If a woman towers over me in flats, there is little to no chance she'd be interested in me.

Also, I don't even really bother with tall women because I know that the vast majority of women want a guy taller than them. If a woman towers over me in flats, there is little to no chance she'd be interested in me.

In my experience, the only women that ever told me I was too short were @5'3" (two of them). They were both wanting only dudes that are 6'2" and taller. And white. They were both Asian girls. This was in person, not online.

However, I have gone out with a few women that were 5'10 and taller (I'm 5'11") and declined/shut down more than a few tall girls. Most of them were white girls. The tallest I have dated was 6'1ish. She was very shy and awkward and a hidden beauty. I don't think she'd have a problem dating guys that are even shorter than me. But she didn't really know how beautiful she is. I wish she was shorter. I only went out with her for a few days and didn't really talk too deep with her, but I got the feeling she was outcasted growing up.

In my experience, the only women that ever told me I was too short were @5'3" (two of them). They were both wanting only dudes that are 6'2" and taller. And white. They were both Asian girls. This was in person, not online.

However, I have gone out with a few women that were 5'10 and taller (I'm 5'11") and declined/shut down more than a few tall girls. Most of them were white girls. The tallest I have dated was 6'1ish. She was very shy and awkward and a hidden beauty. I don't think she'd have a problem dating guys that are even shorter than me. But she didn't really know how beautiful she is. I wish she was shorter. I only went out with her for a few days and didn't really talk too deep with her, but I got the feeling she was outcasted growing up.

Well, if you were 5'6, I'm sure you would have had a lot more women tell you that you were too short.

AT 5'11, I doubt that it's a problem you run into.

hasaquestion

My mother is a hair below 6'0" and grew up in a Mediterranean country where people are much shorter than the United States... she got bullied relentlessly growing up. The other girls called the freak.

She flew to her school's last big reunion at just to strut around in makeup heels and a glamorous dress in front of all the fat mommas. :D

• Like 4
Majoras Mask

Well not all women are biased and in my experience the shorter the girl, the more stringent her height requirements, which seems silly. I'm 5'9" and I'm currently seeing a guy that's 5'7", 5'8" I'd say and I think he's super hot. However, he keeps making comments about my height, like "I do really think your quite a bit taller", "do you ever wear heels" and then condemning himself for being "so short". I personally don't think that's short at all and have no problem whatsoever except that he had a problem. Get it? I actually think he's starting to get distant and I really think it's a height thing. Crazy thing is I almost always wear flats and really we look about the same height when he's wearing shoes. So the height thing can go both ways. And us tall girls are usually easier on shorter men than short women ;)

kiss_andmakeup

I'm around 5'8" - 5'9" and I've dated guys barely my height or slightly shorter. The fact that they were overall good looking was a huge plus, not a negative. One in particular was around 5'7" and I was ridiculously attracted to him (doesn't hurt that he was amazing in bed). Then again, I've never really given a rat's ass about height when it comes to men. Makes all my height-obsessed friends crazy that I somehow ended up with the 6'4" husband. :lmao:

• Author
Well not all women are biased and in my experience the shorter the girl, the more stringent her height requirements, which seems silly. I'm 5'9" and I'm currently seeing a guy that's 5'7", 5'8" I'd say and I think he's super hot. However, he keeps making comments about my height, like "I do really think your quite a bit taller", "do you ever wear heels" and then condemning himself for being "so short". I personally don't think that's short at all and have no problem whatsoever except that he had a problem. Get it? I actually think he's starting to get distant and I really think it's a height thing. Crazy thing is I almost always wear flats and really we look about the same height when he's wearing shoes. So the height thing can go both ways. And us tall girls are usually easier on shorter men than short women ;)

Agree to disagree. Yes there are some tall girls who are a tad more forgiving and receptive to short guys than shorter girls are to them. It's no secret that a lot of short girls want that towering trophy boyfriend who stands at least 6'0. You also can't deny that lots of tall women want the same tall man and have no use for any guy shorter than she is. The guy still has to be taller than her when she wears high heels too. Some tall women feel insulted and become very annoyed when a short guy tries to approach her. They refuse to accept him as a man for his height alone but have no problems giving short women the respect of being called a woman. There are tall girls who who will date shorter guys and I have seen a few couples where she towers over him. It's still rare in my eyes cause you don't see many couples like this.

Justanaverageguy

This whole thread kind of makes me laugh. I'm not overly tall at 5"9 ... and I have never dated any women who is taller then me. It's almost like a default attraction thing - its not conscious - I just automatically go for girls who are shorter then me.

I find taller women attractive but its just like some built in thing where I don't approach them when I am sizing up a room. I went on a date a couple of weeks back with a girl who was taller then me - we connected via tinder so only saw pics and no idea of her height. We had a great night hit it off ... awesome. Actually probably the best date I had been on in a while. I never contacted her again.

She texted me a week ago - a really kind of pissed of txt message - obviously because I didn't text her after the date. I got the message and was like ... why the hell did you not text her after the date - she was hot - it was an awesome date...... too tall!

• Author
I know a lot of women in real life and have yet to ever hear this comment or any thing close to it, on or offline.

This sounds like an "internet" thing, same as women not wanting males who are better looking than them.

You might be oblivious to this stuff which is a good thing. I've heard more girls than women say this about short men.

I've heard more girls than women say this about short men.

That makes sense. The immature talk a lot of crap, as is also evident on this board.

• Like 5
As a short good-looking guy that was relatively successful in the past (until I stopped dating American women as a whole), I agree with this to a point. Did I do better than my short ugly friends? Of course. Did I do as well as many of my tall average looking friends? Sure. But the major thing that I noticed is that as a short guy, I had WAY less margin for error. If I wanted to get and keep a girl, my game had to be super tight at all times. Definitely exhausting at times.

Well, yes, of course, being a good-looking guy is better than not.

Would I love to have model looks (or even my current looks) plus height? Of course. But you get to a point after a while where you just accept things as they are and move on. I don't give it much thought these days.

Yeah no pun intended but short men are on a much shorter leash..I've heard women say there never dating another short guy again after a bad experience with a short guy it's like there looking for an excuse not to date short men.

I never hear a women say ill never date a tall guy again After a bad experience

Some of us taller women, know the secret that short guys are lovers. My first H was a short guy, absolute dynamite in bed. He could write a book on sex. My second H was 6'2", a total loser, which I unfortunately found out after marrying him and having 2 boys. Once they left the nest, so did I.

I moved back to my old home town where I first met my first EX, and by bad luck saw him in a restaurant over the holidays. Whitebeard, long silver and white hair, topped with a cowboy hat and boots, and she was still a good three inches taller than him, and women don't like to admit it, a total knockout. My former SO, made the stupid remark about her being a hooker. I suppose most men in the room wondered the same. But we women knew, there goes a real man.

• Like 1

I've never heard any women or girls express that sentiment, either.

I have, however, heard many girls say that they aren't attracted to shorter guys - and many guys (like Somedude!) say they wouldn't date a taller girl. So all things being equal I guess tall girls, and short guys, do have less opportunity to date.

I've never heard any women or girls express that sentiment, either.

I have, however, heard many girls say that they aren't attracted to shorter guys - and many guys (like Somedude!) say they wouldn't date a taller girl. So all things being equal I guess tall girls, and short guys, do have less opportunity to date.

Eh, I don't think that a woman 5'9+ would care all that much that a 5'6 guy wouldn't want to date her. So it's hardly less of an opportunity.

Glinda.Good

Here goes one more time:

My husband is short. I asked him if it ever bothered him. He looked at me quizzically. He is still proud of being the littlest guy on various sports teams, where he kicked butt with his speed and agility. He got in college on a baseball scholarship.

Also he was always popular with girls and women still love him. His ex wife was literally a beauty queen. He is sexy. He has a great bod (for an old fart) and an awesome face.

For the record, he never dated a girl who was taller than him. He is not attracted to tall women.

He has had his struggles in life, but being short was never one of them. And he would NEVER NEVER NEVER have entertained the notion that some of those struggles would have been averted if only he'd been tall!

• Like 2
Here goes one more time:

My husband is short. I asked him if it ever bothered him. He looked at me quizzically. He is still proud of being the littlest guy on various sports teams, where he kicked butt with his speed and agility. He got in college on a baseball scholarship.

Also he was always popular with girls and women still love him. His ex wife was literally a beauty queen. He is sexy. He has a great bod (for an old fart) and an awesome face.

For the record, he never dated a girl who was taller than him. He is not attracted to tall women.

He has had his struggles in life, but being short was never one of them. And he would NEVER NEVER NEVER have entertained the notion that some of those struggles would have been averted if only he'd been tall!

Do you believe that if he had not been popular with women would he still have no issues with being short?

I love short guys. I married a short, hot guy (5' 5"). Growing up, I was always teased for being short. I managed to grow all the way to 5' 3" which no one expected. I would never mock a guy for being short because I know what that was like. I once dated a guy who was 6' 7". He told me to stand on a chair if I wanted him to kiss me so it wouldn't hurt his back. :mad: I avoided tall guys after that. Logistically speaking, short guys do make more sense for short girls. No one has to bend over to make out. :rolleyes:

• Like 1