Recovery time after break-up

BarackObama

It seems to me that recovery time for men is large as compared to women. Anyone noticed that? What could be the reason?

I don't necessarily agree with that but women usually have a better support system. We can talk to our friends, vent & heal. Not a lot of men have a buddy they can talk to about their broken heart.

Frank2thepoint
I don't necessarily agree with that but women usually have a better support system. We can talk to our friends, vent & heal. Not a lot of men have a buddy they can talk to about their broken heart.

Partially I agree with this. When I had broken up with ex-girlfriends, or dated women that left me confused, I couldn't really talk to my male friends about it. Well I tried, except I received looks of confusion, or no support. So then I made female friends over the years, and I've found they are much more receptive and supportive in helping me heal or provide insight.

In my experience (from my own life and those of my friends around me) men tend to be on with the next girl within few months. Yes, it's likely a rebound and maybe that is just how it is dealt with. Maybe they can't be without the sex.

Now, this also happens with girls but usually I see a larger gap between relationships with my friends, around 6 months after break-up.

Myself, I have only had one relationship in which I sincerely and deeply loved the guy and that has taken a couple of years now. I might or might not be ready to meet someone else now (if it happened organically, yes, I'm not into dating).

I think it's more dependent on the person than gender. Obviously I have not conducted a research, this is just based on personal observations.

EverLastluv

ever since I am devorce. Any other relationship is never a break up. its eather I am busy doing things in my life where they cant fit in and they continue living their life the way they perfer. Never a break up, so I dont know really what if feels like to for many years.

acrosstheuniverse

I've found that men often move on a little slower than women, in terms of moving onto a new person. Obviously whether somebody is emotionally 'moving on' or not is much harder to tell. You can be dating like mad or in a new relationship and still be upset about the ex... or happily single, over the ex and enjoying time alone.

But it seems like my female friends move onto a new partner much faster than the males. I tend to chalk this up to the fact that it's incredibly easy to find attention, dates, and men wanting to begin relationships as an attractive to average looking female. Much easier than it is for my attractive to average looking male friends.

FortunateSon

At the end of both of my long term relationships, both around 6 years, each of the women moved on much faster than me. After my last 6 year relationship/engagement abruptly ended because of ongoing compatibility, trust, and communication issues, my ex was in a new relationship 4 months post BU. It is approaching one year post BU and as far as I know she is still with him. She is in her early/mid 30's with no kids, I think she desperately wants to be married and have kids. Part of me feels sorry for her because I get the impression that she has clearly settled, just to fulfill this need in her life. I also think women place less emphasis on looks which allows them to be more content, then men who often have a tendency to place a high premium in that regard. Both ex's ended up with homely, pushover, "yes" men.

Edited by FortunateSon
  • Like 1
It seems to me that recovery time for men is large as compared to women. Anyone noticed that? What could be the reason?

Not in my case. I had 2 LTRs and though I was the one who left both times, the guys moved on to other relationships much more quickly. I'd say that they didn't want to take the time to work on themselves and were looking for a woman to be a pawn/prop in their lives.