Why young women are attracted to older men

Is there something in the water? Lately I have seen young women dating older men. Some even have boyfriends who are their age but creep with an older man. So I guess the sugar daddy love is in full effect.

An older man who's successful and satisfied has more time, assets and interest to spend on a young woman, and many such men like doing so. They're relaxed, worldly and often monied and that's attractive compared to one's contemporaries. I got a fair amount of that kind of attention while married from women 15-20 years younger. I found it a bit odd and curious but perhaps I was giving off a relaxed 'daddy' type vibe, IDK. It still happens a bit today but generally the ladies are married. However, I do know a single (divorced) one (talked with her today) who's about 20 years younger so maybe I'll get her opinion about what she sees in older men. Always willing to learn!

Is there something in the water? Lately I have seen young women dating older men. Some even have boyfriends who are their age but creep with an older man. So I guess the sugar daddy love is in full effect.

It's natural for younger women to be attracted to older men.

However, our society (which is a matriarchy that is ruled by feminism) has made it taboo.

Once our society collapses, along with it's influence, you will see this occurring more frequently.

• Like 2
It's natural for younger women to be attracted to older men.

However, our society (which is a matriarchy that is ruled by feminism) has made it taboo.

Once our society collapses, along with it's influence, you will see this occurring more frequently.

Will the collapse happen before or after the zombie invasion? And yes, younger women tend to like older men due to maturity levels, and security

• Like 1

Older men - more mature

Younger guys - less mature

Older men - more money

Young guys - less money

Older men - more experienced in life

Younger guys - less experienced in life

Older men - more money

Younger guys - less money

Older men - looking to settle

Younger guys - playing the field

Older men - more money

Older men - more successful and established

Younger guys - trying to establish themselves

Older men - more money

Older men - know more about relationships

Younger guys - clueless about relationships

Older men - more money

Older men - more money

• Like 1

I'm not attracted to "older men". But I am attracted to an older man. :p

I don't fancy older men in general (and never have) - mind you, I don't fancy many young men either. My partner is the first guy I've seriously fancied in quite a wee while.

In other words, sometimes folks just meet up and fall for each other despite their age.

Now if a woman is exclusively interested in older men because of their age, and wouldn't date someone closer to their own age just because they're younger - well I don't understand that & can't explain it. I guess it's just a preference, like some girls will only date guys who are taller than they are, or richer than they are, or who look a certain way. What the preference is based on probably varies with the woman.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the downfall of what it means to be a man in today's society.

You have the metro man becoming more and more popular with the younger generation. Most of which are already weak minded, irresponsible, and lazy just because of the generation they are a part of.

Then you feminize them, and you are left without the things that make a man really a man in a woman's eyes.

So, in order to pursue men that women view as real men, who can meet their needs, they have to travel up the age ladder.

$0.02

I'm pretty sure it's because of the downfall of what it means to be a man in today's society.

You have the metro man becoming more and more popular with the younger generation. Most of which are already weak minded, irresponsible, and lazy just because of the generation they are a part of.

Then you feminize them, and you are left without the things that make a man really a man in a woman's eyes.

So, in order to pursue men that women view as real men, who can meet their needs, they have to travel up the age ladder.

$0.02

I kind of agree with this a little. Today's 25 year old man is just such a pansy. It's sad. They're so sensitive and frail, and seem too focused on being pretty. And if they're not, and they do have a little backbone, then they tend to act like total jags.

man_in_the_box

Oh get over yourself. Your preceeding generation probably thought you were a good-for-nothing hippy douchebag. Or whatever was the new thing for young people to do.

This 'the young people are ****' perception is something that always happened and will always happen.

• Like 2

Interesting comment, one I have never thought of. I get called Metro often and do seem to attract attention from younger woman, as well as woman my own age who think I am cool and hip, when compared to other men my age they have dated.

• Like 1
Oh get over yourself. Your preceeding generation probably thought you were a good-for-nothing hippy douchebag. Or whatever was the new thing for young people to do.

This 'the young people are ****' perception is something that always happened and will always happen.

But what if I am young and part of the very generation I am observing?

I kind of agree with this a little. Today's 25 year old man is just such a pansy. It's sad. They're so sensitive and frail, and seem too focused on being pretty. And if they're not, and they do have a little backbone, then they tend to act like total jags.

Interesting how we both interpreted his response differently.

I don't hang around 25 year old men, so I cannot comment on how they act and behave. My best guess is they are not all pansies and jags.

man_in_the_box

It's not like I disagree with the statement per se. I just don't agree that previous generations were that much better. For every generation you can pick a couple of characteristics that make them look utterly incompetent and ridiculous.

In the end were all just a bunch of sheep.

dragon_fly_7

$0.02

It must be one of the major reasons some more women are focusing on having a career instead of daydreaming about their cakes, wedding and so called Prince Charming. I figure if for whatever reason the marriage sucks, I'll have my degree at least and be something in life than a Mrs Nobody.

I don't want a wealthy, older man's money. I want to built my own business under my name on that lease. Then afterwards, I'll begin thinking about marriage.

Edited by dragon_fly_7
  • Like 2
thefooloftheyear

I think there are a lot of reasons....

The younger generation of guys really dont seem like any other generations younger guys, but there are a few dynamics at hand..

-In this particular part of the country, owning a nice home and being a major provider is going to take a HUGE amount of money...Even a young guy that graduates at the top of his class, is likely to going to be buried in debt, so the thought of purchasing a home(where you need at least 250/300K for a down payment-ugh)..its just too daunting of a proposition..

-A lot of these guys are the by products of divorced parental homes..Maybe they saw their own dad living in some crappy little apartment so he could pay alimony/child support..They grew cynical of the whole deal by viewing how things turned out in their own surroundings..I have heard a few guys talk of this..

- Many young women, on the other hand, still like to see their lives as married, with a couple of kids, a dog, the picket fence...etc...Not that they are ditching their careers or anything, just that some of these "traditional" things mean a lot to many young women..Nothing wrong with that, its just that the guys in their age pool are really not seeing that type of lifestyle attainable or practical at this time...

So whats left.??

The younger guys can go around and share an apartment with a acouple of their buddies,,,Enjoy their youth, work hard, but keep their girlfriends at bay and stall them for as long as they can...If the girls get tired of waiting, thats when they may look to the older guy for the answer to their dreams...

Also, a lot of older guys are taking good care of themselves these days...Its not as though every guy over 35 is fat and bald..

Just an observation...

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear

250/300K for a DOWN payment?

TFY, where?? If true, NO ONE would ever buy a house.

How about 25/30K?

thefooloftheyear
250/300K for a DOWN payment?

TFY, where?? If true, NO ONE would ever buy a house.

How about 25/30K?

NYC burbs...

Condos here cost 5-600K...Average homes are 750-Mil..WHat the hell you gonna do with 30 grand? You cant even furnish the place with that!!:laugh:

TFY

NYC burbs...

Condos here cost 5-600K...Average homes are 750-Mil..WHat the hell you gonna do with 30 grand? You cant even furnish the place with that!!:laugh:

TFY

Not everyone lives in the NYC burbs. 20% of an even million is 200K, but whatever. I don't think I need to do basic math for you!

thefooloftheyear
Not everyone lives in the NYC burbs. 20% of an even million is 200K, but whatever. I don't think I need to do basic math for you!

I know about math....here is the deal, though...

If you are buying an 800K house and you put only 20% down.(160K), even at interest rates low, you are now servicing a 640K note....with property taxes of around 1.5-2 grand a month...You know how much Jack($) that takes? See what I mean?

Even if you get out of this vicinity and go further out, you are still going to need at least 100K (liquid) and a minimum of 150K of combined income to even sit at the bankers desk...Not too many young kids can do it....

TFY

I know about math....here is the deal, though...

If you are buying an 800K house and you put only 20% down.(160K), even at interest rates low, you are now servicing a 640K note....with property taxes of around 1.5-2 grand a month...You know how much Jack($) that takes? See what I mean?

Even if you get out of this vicinity and go further out, you are still going to need at least 100K (liquid) and a minimum of 150K of combined income to even sit at the bankers desk...Not too many young kids can do it....

TFY

I'm not going to thread jack any further by pulling out a chart of median and average home prices in the states. :)

Glad you can afford it within your bubble tho.

I think it's a phase in life for women to lust after older men, mostly in our twenties and early thirties the same as most older men lust after younger women when they are in their forties/fifties.

white_bass87

What do they have a stat webpage on relationships for this kind of stuff like sports? Post that up!

Homeruns, RBI, Avg,

Divorce Rate, Men with Younger Women...

:laugh: