Stupid deal breakers and weird habits that make you say NO. JUST NO.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time but am here reading still every single day. Sometimes several times a day. I just had to look at my old posts and am embarrassed by the things I put up with out of another person. When I read the feelings that I had when I posted, I now feel nothing. :) it took a good 2 years to stop hurting. The other years after that have gone by with no contact or emotion whatsoever. I never thought I'd get to that point. I've figured out that it's all attachment and addiction. When you fall in love your chemicals go haywire and you become addicted. So when the person starts treating you like crap, you are still addicted. That's why it's so hard to break it. It takes time. Time is the only thing that will heal.

I have not dated since. It's because i feel I can't connect with anyone. And the few I do connect with are wrong for whatever reason. I'm finding myself very very intolerant about what I can accept out of a person. Maybe it's because of the abuse I suffered but I've noticed that certain things make my blood boil and I'm done with the person. I mean stupid ridiculous things!! Is there anybody else out there who does this? I do also REALIZE that when the RIGHT person comes along that I will most likely overlook every flaw he has as long as he makes my heart pound. Nobody makes my heart pound. Nobody.

Anyway my dumbest deal breakers or most blood boiling types of actions that drive me so crazy I never want to speak to them again. Please tell me yours.

• He eats ramen noodles with a spoon. Do ya eat spaghetti with a spoon too you goof?? Why do they make forks if its not for big long noodles to spin around?! Oh I get it- you put your head down to the bowl and push the noodles into your mouth. Nasty. Ugh. Can't deal with that.

• He hates eggs. I mean how the crap am I gonna make you a nice bacon and egg breakfast in bed when he hates eggs. How can you hate an egg? You can fry it boil it scramble it fluffy. Put cheese in it. I'm wary of people that don't like eggs.

• He lives in his moms basement and plays skyrim all night. Then he sleeps all day. On WHAT planet is this even acceptable?!! I'm so sick of these man children. Get a job! Get a life!

• He watches shows I can't stand. And they usually include zombies or some such other nonsense.

• He hates dogs. NEXT.

• Everything is about football. I mean I can understand Watching it. But when you come to work and have to talk ALL DAY about dudes with a ball running up and down a field well... It's too much.

• He stinks up the work microwave with fish. I mean Jesus Christ! Other people are sitting in there. They don't want to smell your nasty stinkin salmon! It's bad etiquette! And dude your crab bisque breath smells just like the tampon box down at the Walmart. Just don't.

OMG I have so many more. I'm intolerant. I've become completely intolerant since being knocked in the dirt. I would rather stay alone forever than settle for any thing that I know would have my stomach turning. Am I the only one like this?

The only one I disagree with is the spoon, I have to eat ramen noodles with a spoon because I consider it soup. I know, my son corrects me all the time.....LOL

• Like 1
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time but am here reading still every single day. Sometimes several times a day. I just had to look at my old posts and am embarrassed by the things I put up with out of another person. When I read the feelings that I had when I posted, I now feel nothing. :) it took a good 2 years to stop hurting. The other years after that have gone by with no contact or emotion whatsoever. I never thought I'd get to that point. I've figured out that it's all attachment and addiction. When you fall in love your chemicals go haywire and you become addicted. So when the person starts treating you like crap, you are still addicted. That's why it's so hard to break it. It takes time. Time is the only thing that will heal.

I have not dated since. It's because i feel I can't connect with anyone. And the few I do connect with are wrong for whatever reason. I'm finding myself very very intolerant about what I can accept out of a person. Maybe it's because of the abuse I suffered but I've noticed that certain things make my blood boil and I'm done with the person. I mean stupid ridiculous things!! Is there anybody else out there who does this? I do also REALIZE that when the RIGHT person comes along that I will most likely overlook every flaw he has as long as he makes my heart pound. Nobody makes my heart pound. Nobody.

Anyway my dumbest deal breakers or most blood boiling types of actions that drive me so crazy I never want to speak to them again. Please tell me yours.

• He eats ramen noodles with a spoon. Do ya eat spaghetti with a spoon too you goof?? Why do they make forks if its not for big long noodles to spin around?! Oh I get it- you put your head down to the bowl and push the noodles into your mouth. Nasty. Ugh. Can't deal with that.

• He hates eggs. I mean how the crap am I gonna make you a nice bacon and egg breakfast in bed when he hates eggs. How can you hate an egg? You can fry it boil it scramble it fluffy. Put cheese in it. I'm wary of people that don't like eggs.

• He lives in his moms basement and plays skyrim all night. Then he sleeps all day. On WHAT planet is this even acceptable?!! I'm so sick of these man children. Get a job! Get a life!

• He watches shows I can't stand. And they usually include zombies or some such other nonsense.

• He hates dogs. NEXT.

• Everything is about football. I mean I can understand Watching it. But when you come to work and have to talk ALL DAY about dudes with a ball running up and down a field well... It's too much.

• He stinks up the work microwave with fish. I mean Jesus Christ! Other people are sitting in there. They don't want to smell your nasty stinkin salmon! It's bad etiquette! And dude your crab bisque breath smells just like the tampon box down at the Walmart. Just don't.

OMG I have so many more. I'm intolerant. I've become completely intolerant since being knocked in the dirt. I would rather stay alone forever than settle for any thing that I know would have my stomach turning. Am I the only one like this?

It's the little things in life that you sometimes will find yourself missing later down the road. It's those little abnormalities that give meaning to an otherwise normal life.

A pet peeve to you may be the cutest damn imperfection to someone else, and vice versa.

I do hope you find someone to your liking. I'm sure he's out there, if he's not taken already.

• Like 1
  • Author
The only one I disagree with is the spoon, I have to eat ramen noodles with a spoon because I consider it soup. I know, my son corrects me all the time.....LOL

Ok I can understand this. Thanks for explaining it. It is soup true. Maybe if I broke the pieces up I could eat them with a soon or see someone eating them with a spoon. For some reason the guy I had in mind doing it, just grossed me out cause I could see him leaning down into the bowl pushing them into his mouth with soup juice dribbling down his face. Lol

Edited by K.K.
  • Author
It's the little things in life that you sometimes will find yourself missing later down the road. It's those little abnormalities that give meaning to an otherwise normal life.

A pet peeve to you may be the cutest damn imperfection to someone else, and vice versa.

I do hope you find someone to your liking. I'm sure he's out there, if he's not taken already.

You are completely right. I know this in my head but lately I'm having a hard time feeling like I can handle any differences between us. It's definitely my problem. I am just hoping someone else may feel these things so I don't feel so weird.

I use chopsticks to eat my ramen

If they pick their nose and flick it off somewhere in my house instead of using a tissue, disgusting.

If they will fart whilst eating.

Sleeping all day, I agree, tho sometimes its cool like a weekend but everyday?

I once dumped a guy because he grinded his teeth while grinding me wtf?

He must like animals, animals give the purest selfless non judgmental love if you are a person who doesn't enjoy what animals have to offer you are weird in my book.

This ones not a deal breaker but I dislike it when men eat wings and they let the sauce go all over their face and hands, HOW? I can eat them without looking like a baby in the end.

When they make annoying sounds or are loud when its C l e a r that im in a quiet time mood.

I could go on also

Oh yeah and nothing worse than a guy that over uses soap, shampoo or takes all the dip eats more than he needs just takes and takes and its costly to YOU.

Edited by Omei
Smthn_Like_Olivia

LOL.:laugh: Well, I for one, thought your post was great and I needed a good laugh. My ex only had one bad quality that I couldn't stand - breathing.

But seriously, here are my stupid deal breakers -

Sideways or Flat-billed ballcap wearers. Ugghhh...do not come within 25 feet of me!! You'll cause me to throw up in my mouth a little. For pete's sake!! Bend the damn bill!!

Men that think there is no better shoe than Michael Jordan tennis shoes. This man has made a gazillion dollars off of nitwits buying the same shoe over and over again in different colors with slightly different modifications.

Mouth breathers.

Men that can't handle sitting through a good scary movie. I love scary movies. We both know it's not real. Get a grip and man up!

• Like 1
  • Author

Like this one guy at work. He likes to tell kindergarden jokes at lunch. Normally this would drive me insane. But he's havin so much fun with it that I find it endearing. I mean he laughs his butt off.

• Author
I use chopsticks to eat my ramen

If they pick their nose and flick it off somewhere in my house instead of using a tissue, disgusting.

If they will fart whilst eating.

Sleeping all day, I agree, tho sometimes its cool like a weekend but everyday?

I once dumped a guy because he grinded his teeth while grinding me wtf?

He must like animals, animals give the purest selfless non judgmental love if you are a person who doesn't enjoy what animals have to offer you are weird in my book.

This ones not a deal breaker but I dislike it when men eat wings and they let the sauce go all over their face and hands, HOW? I can eat them without looking like a baby in the end.

When they make annoying sounds or are loud when its C l e a r that im in a quiet time mood.

I could go on also

Oh yeah and nothing worse than a guy that over uses soap, shampoo or takes all the dip eats more than he needs just takes and takes and its costly to YOU.

Oh wow! If I knew how to eat ramen with chopsticks I would completely be a bad azZZZ !! I bow to you. :)

Yea they take the wing and shove it ALL into their mouth

And suck off all the meat and their face is all hot sauces yuck!!

Come to think of it, alot of my pet peeves involve food or eating.

Yea guys fart all they like. Let me do it even once and I'm a sicko. Ugh.

Edited by K.K.
  • Author
LOL.:laugh: Well, I for one, thought your post was great and I needed a good laugh. My ex only had one bad quality that I couldn't stand - breathing.

But seriously, here are my stupid deal breakers -

Sideways or Flat-billed ballcap wearers. Ugghhh...do not come within 25 feet of me!! You'll cause me to throw up in my mouth a little. For pete's sake!! Bend the damn bill!!

Men that think there is no better shoe than Michael Jordan tennis shoes. This man has made a gazillion dollars off of nitwits buying the same shoe over and over again in different colors with slightly different modifications.

Mouth breathers.

Men that can't handle sitting through a good scary movie. I love scary movies. We both know it's not real. Get a grip and man up!

Yea no ****. I have to listen to guys talk all their movie quotes all day long but if I say one thing about a horror move these same guys will look at me and go ugh. They say they are not interesting. They're interesting to me! I just think they're scared.

And don't even get me started on a mouth breather. Or a jaw clicker. Or those ones that have the air going over their tongue making that slurp sound.

• Like 1
  • Author

And too much cologne oh man. .. This one guy comes to work stinking like some weird cologne eating an egg and bacon sandwich. So everytime I smell him I think of a rotten sandwich. Well.. At least he likes eggs. :-D

• Like 3
hoping2heal

Well,

You weren't kidding, you really are intolerant LOL.

Most of your deal breakers seem very superficial, though a few I agree with. Such as Skyrim in Mommy's basement.

Are the superficial ones your way of protecting yourself from getting hurt or what?

• Author

I'm not sure. I've never been this way before. Somehow I attribute my blood boiling feeling to the feelings I had with my ex. So if my blood boils.. Even a little- I'm out. I can't go through that again.

hoping2heal

Well, I guess there are much worse things than eating ramen with a spoon. You might be tossing out a wonderful partner..because he eats ramen with a spoon?

There are lingering issues I guess with your ex but I hope in time you'll be able to accept people again, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm not sure. I've never been this way before. Somehow I attribute my blood boiling feeling to the feelings I had with my ex. So if my blood boils.. Even a little- I'm out. I can't go through that again.

You seem like a man-hater with a bunch of handy excuses.

The one that really stood out to me is "He watches shows I can't stand."

Really....? Something that he does in his spare time away from you that he likes and enjoys is a deal breaker for you because you aren't watching it?

Okay.

• Author

When I say my blood gets to boiling I mean I feel this frustration deep inside and anger wells up. And I don't think thats normal. For example- the sky rim guy. We are just friends (on my part -he thinks he's in love) anyway I work 10 hours a day so when does he hit me up? 2:00 in the morning when I've just gotten up to get ready for work. I don't want to be mean to him but I mean come on! I work all day long. You sit at home and play skyrim. It's frustrating. Then you wanna text me at 2 in the morning? What are you 15??

One day I had him over. First and last time most likely. I had made nice baked chicken and roasted potatoes. So Im making our plates and getting ready to sit down at the table. So what does he do? He says he doesn't LIKE potatoes and he proceeds to STAND in my kitchen and shove the whole piece of chicken in his mouth eating all grissle fat and was starting to eat the bones before I grabbed it out of his hand and said come on now.

I was disgusted. Would anybody else be disgusted by that? He was like an animal. Surely that's not normal?

hoping2heal

You're very very hyper critical.

Do I think it's gross? Sure. But, my friends have done all sorts of things and I just don't really judge them over it. I mean, I don't want to stand in someone's kitchen and gobble down chicken but..you're friends and it's a casual atmosphere.

You sound angry and you did say you were frustrated. You're aiming at the wrong people. How would you feel if your friends were judging your every move?

• Author
The one that really stood out to me is "He watches shows I can't stand."

Really....? Something that he does in his spare time away from you that he likes and enjoys is a deal breaker for you because you aren't watching it?

Okay.

Yea true I can see your point. I guess I just figure what would happen if we had to watch tv together or got together and I was forced to watch some zombie show. I would be miserable. I am completely intolerant. Scared. Don't know how to handle these kinds of simple couple decisions. I am better alone. And its a good thing! Cause I'm never gonna have anther lover being like this! :-D

• Author
You're very very hyper critical.

Do I think it's gross? Sure. But, my friends have done all sorts of things and I just don't really judge them over it. I mean, I don't want to stand in someone's kitchen and gobble down chicken but..you're friends and it's a casual atmosphere.

You sound angry and you did say you were frustrated. You're aiming at the wrong people. How would you feel if your friends were judging your every move?

I hear ya I do. I know this about myself. There are people that don't make me feel this way. Even like the guy at lunch telling the jokes. He does all sorts o things that are weird or gross but I don't mind it. Because it's him. I think I am just protecting myself and figure If they give me the frustrated feeling I better cut it off. It's hard to explain.

My deal breakers are just that, deal breakers, things that are actually important and are about fundamental values and lifestyle.

Otherwise, everyone has weird or annoying habits. I'm sure you also have things you do that a partner finds weird or annoying. That is life. From your best friend, to your boyfriend, everyone will do things you find irritating but those quirks are just part of the deal and you deal with it if where it counts they are what you want. But you won't find anyone who doesn't have at least 3 things they do that annoy the heck out of you.

My boyfriend has his annoying habits but they don't take away from the more important qualities he does have and I just have to smile to myself sometimes instead of being annoyed. I at least know we're building something real because I can be annoyed by him and still value him in spite of it and don't just see him through rose-colored glasses.

If however you find that you need to make lists and lists of things that annoy you and it seems you are that irritated, maybe this person isn't the person for you. My guy has his annoying habits, and as we learn more about each other I'm sure I'll discover more of them, but when I think about him the first things I think about aren't the annoying habits and I'm not actually that frustrated by them because I like him a lot. Whereas if it was someone I didn't like all that much, I'd be more critical of even smaller things.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 1
Yea true I can see your point. I guess I just figure what would happen if we had to watch tv together or got together and I was forced to watch some zombie show. I would be miserable. I am completely intolerant. Scared. Don't know how to handle these kinds of simple couple decisions. I am better alone. And its a good thing! Cause I'm never gonna have anther lover being like this! :-D

You view it as being forced to watch it, when my motivations behind sharing something like that with a girl I'm with is because I want to share the things that I enjoy with her. I love the show, and I want to give you an opportunity to see it as well. If you don't like it say so, but people that care about each other like the share.

• Like 1
  • Author

If I had a boyfriend I guess I would like him enough to overlook things. Of course I have annoying habits. But lately I'm noticing that no matter who it is, it's always something that makes me not want to be friends with them. I see it as a waste of time. One of my 'friends' she will smack anybody down who doesn't hail Obama. I find that annoying. This new friend of mind well I'm sorry but he doesn't like eggs or potatoes and that makes me disgusted. It's not like we're talking about Brussel sprouts or snails. It's a basic staple- a potato. What so we have in common if I can't even talk about a pot roast cause they are vegatarian. I dunno. Somewhere along the way I just gave up. I want someone to be like me. To like what I like. To have things in common. I don't wanna keep overlooking the fact that I don't give a crap about politics when all she wants to do is talk about politics. I do see that my view is probably coming off as putting others down. It's not that. I just want to mesh with someone. I put my wants last for the last 5 or so years. I can't do it anymore.

• Author
You view it as being forced to watch it, when my motivations behind sharing something like that with a girl I'm with is because I want to share the things that I enjoy with her. I love the show, and I want to give you an opportunity to see it as well. If you don't like it say so, but people that care about each other like the share.

That is sweet when you put it like that. :)

Smthn_Like_Olivia

Look, I can kinda see the OP's point on this one. The ex and I had vastly different tastes in television. So in the beginning, I would give in and sit with him through Sportscenter, the basketball game, etc. But he would never sit through Grey's Anatomy or Dateline Mysteries with me. After awhile, I got sick of listening to sports commentators all day and after a few years, we started always spending time in separate rooms. The question would always be, "Which room you going in, the livingroom or bedroom?" The only show we watched together was Family Guy and that was in bed right before going to sleep.