Rebound Curiosity

Small curiosity i have about rebound relationships.

For those of you who have experienced it/done it.

Do you ever think back at the rebound, ever, at all?

Do you know of people that went back to a "rebound"?

I just want to know how meaningless a rebound is, cuz that's how i feel :).

I was in a small relationship not long ago, ended pretty quick, her going back to the ex. Based on other threads here it seems i was a rebound.

So now i am curious, i did manage to get hurt, short as it was i got attached.

Ty

Edited by FrostBlaze
  • Like 2
  • Author

It developed pretty quick and lasted a few month's in wich i genuinely felt she "loved" me, so i decided to like her back.

There was a shift of power, i started caring more than her.

Why i ask if they ever think back, or it was all meaningless?

Never felt so used and underapreciated in my life :), doesn't matter right now.

But it would at least sooth me to know, i wasn't just a toy they tossed and had some genuine feelings.

Frost, i don`t think its that simple. You were involved with this woman on a physical and emotional level, day to day? I doubt very much it was meaningless to her, and i doubt you were a toy. She had feelings for you or she would never have entertained being with you. It is not about power. (For me). If you see it like this then you are putting yourself so down for really liking someone. Maybe they never went away? Maybe you mis-read things? How did it end Frost?

It developed pretty quick and lasted a few month's in wich i genuinely felt she "loved" me, so i decided to like her back.

There was a shift of power, i started caring more than her.

Why i ask if they ever think back, or it was all meaningless?

Never felt so used and underapreciated in my life :), doesn't matter right now.

But it would at least sooth me to know, i wasn't just a toy they tossed and had some genuine feelings.

• Author

Yes it was day to day almost, not physical each day, but kept contact. She would suspect me of being out with other women at first, so she checked on me.

Sometimes she would bring up past memories of her ex or sortof compare me.(not directly but i figured it out).

Told her to stop so we argued (first sign). We made up and she promised not to do it anymore, and she didn't.

She had some days when she was really MOODY, and said i annoy her, with no apparent reason, like didn't even talk. (i guess she was sulking over the ex, and didn't want to talk)

She started acting cold for a few dayz and then confessed to me to calling her ex to get back toghether. He refused her. She said she wanted to tell me the truth and not hide it from me...frankly i'm sure she only told me because she got refused.(this was like 2 month's in) Otherwise she wouldn't have.

We tried something then we just both agreed to split up because she loves me but is not in love with me in a romantic way, not over her ex. Told me a famous BS line i was fed before by someone else. "if it wasn't him it would of been u".

After the split, few weeks later she contacted me to stay as friends cuz she misses and appreciates me, i'm like her BFF. I accepted, only to argue one last time over our feelings a few weeks later, and that she is still trying to get her ex back.

Haven't spoken since, VERY LONG TAIM. The only sign i have from her is a 2 month old text i didn't reply back to.

That's about it, she only used me to get at her ex. All this time she reached out to him.

PS: TY for the support, eager to read response, off to bed with me :p. Iz late.

Happy easter btw.

Edited by FrostBlaze
Frank2thepoint
Sometimes she would bring up past memories of her ex or sortof compare me.(not directly but i figured it out).

Told her to stop so we argued (first sign). We made up and she promised not to do it anymore, and she didn't.

She had some days when she was really MOODY, and said i annoy her, with no apparent reason, like didn't even talk. (i guess she was sulking over the ex, and didn't want to talk)

She started acting cold for a few dayz and then confessed to me to calling her ex to get back toghether. He refused her. She said she wanted to tell me the truth and not hide it from me...frankly i'm sure she only told me because she got refused.(this was like 2 month's in) Otherwise she wouldn't have.

You were with her for about seven months, but two months into it she's telling you she was reaching out to her ex because she wants to get back with him. Why did you continue seeing her? You were hoping she could change for you and have feelings for you probably. Honestly, you dug your own grave by still pressing on after this revelation.

That's about it, she only used me to get at her ex. All this time she reached out to him.

She considered you a distraction. But you really used yourself by still holding out for her even after she was honest about her reaching out to her ex. You should of just thanked her for her honesty and went your separate ways.

• Author

I think you mixed this up with pickflicker's 7 month's, it was only 3 for me.

After she told me what had been done, i did want to just end it right there, but being as i like never really had a relationship before(my first actually), i was indulgent and foolish enough to forgive and continue for another few weeks that didn't go well.

Yes i was hoping she would change and pick me, i mean i was hoping to change her feelings.

Yeah it's my fault, i won't be repeating the experience, my only excuse is that it was my first and i really cared.

Going a bit off-topic, initial question, thanks :D.

Frank2thepoint
I think you mixed this up with pickflicker's 7 month's, it was only 3 for me.

Oh damn, you're right. All these stories blend into one.

After she told me what had been done, i did want to just end it right there, but being as i like never really had a relationship before(my first actually), i was indulgent and foolish enough to forgive and continue for another few weeks that didn't go well.

Yes i was hoping she would change and pick me, i mean i was hoping to change her feelings.

Yeah it's my fault, i won't be repeating the experience, my only excuse is that it was my first and i really cared.

Going a bit off-topic, initial question, thanks :D.

There is nothing wrong with caring, showing interest. It just makes you honest and true. But you have to also stand by your principles and self-respect. Never be afraid to walk away.