Girls, what do you think about guys that don't look away when you catch them?

During class, I like to throw glances at the girl until she catches me, and when she does, I don't look away and instead try to start a staring contest, and I gaze right into their eyes and don't smile either so I look strong and concentrated. They usually don't oblige the first 2-3 times, but then they actually maintain eye-contact. If it gets to five seconds, I will look away after that. But then I will start over again.

After this, I should go up to the girl and talk to her at the end of class.

So I have a few questions about this:

1. Will a girl think I am creepy for doing this?

2. If a girl maintains eye-contact for you a few times for a few seconds (most common response), what does it mean?

3. How will I know if a girl likes/doesn't like me?

4. Should I change my routine and smile, or should I keep doing what I am doing and not smile, but instead give a mesmerizing gaze.

5. How will I know if a girl is not liking at and that I should stop?

MAIN QUESTION FOR GIRLS: How would you feel if a guy that you caught looking at you did not look away and instead tried to start a staring contest with you?

This is where I got the idea from by the way: How to Eye Flirt: 7 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

EDIT: Someone suggested that after you do maintain a few seconds of eye-contact, to smile before looking away.

Edited by R3d

To me, if the fellow keeps eye contact and SMILES--- aww!! If I already thought he was cute, the sparks would be flying out of me. A sort of shy smile, a couple seconds of eye contact, and then looking away would kill me.

Without a smile, just a stare.... creepy. Very creepy.

• Like 1
During class, I like to throw glances at the girl until she catches me, and when she does, I don't look away and instead try to start a staring contest, and I gaze right into their eyes and don't smile either so I look strong and concentrated. They usually don't oblige the first 2-3 times, but then they actually maintain eye-contact. If it gets to five seconds, I will look away after that. But then I will start over again.

After this, I should go up to the girl and talk to her at the end of class.

So I have a few questions about this:

1. Will a girl think I am creepy for doing this? Yes. People's brains have a special filter/detector for eyeballs that are fixed on them. You're distracting them for one thing, because it's impossible to ignore the eyes when she wants to focus on the class. That is extremely annoying. It's also anxiety-provoking when people look at you. And when people do meet eyes, the smile indicates that you are friendly and not hostile. The fact that you refuse to smile and stare at them is aggressive, intimidating, hostile not to mention rude.

2. If a girl maintains eye-contact for you a few times for a few seconds (most common response), what does it mean? I might look at you back in an assertive stance, since you're aggressively and rudely gawking. It would mean, you don't intimidate me.

3. How will I know if a girl likes/doesn't like me?

If you stare at her and don't look away and don't smile, 100% chance she doesn't like you NOW.

4. Should I change my routine and smile, or should I keep doing what I am doing and not smile, but instead give a mesmerizing gaze.

Smile. And not while she's paying attention in class.

5. How will I know if a girl is not liking at and that I should stop?

Staring is rude behavior. Did your parents not tell you that?

MAIN QUESTION FOR GIRLS: How would you feel if a guy that you caught looking at you did not look away and instead tried to start a staring contest with you? I would experience some anxiety figuring out how I should handle this person. I, and I imagine most girls, want to do the polite thing and not be confrontational, so when we run into a social situation with left-field behavior, there is some stress trying to figure out quickly what is appropriate on whose part and what is the best way to handle it.

This is where I got the idea from by the way: How to Eye Flirt: 7 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

EDIT: Someone suggested that after you do maintain a few seconds of eye-contact, to smile before looking away.If you keep it VERY brief, and politely look away, and smile to signal good-will and not hunter-like aggression, you may do better

My 2 cents are in bold. :confused: <--Staring at you

• Author

Alright thanks. Yeah I will just add the smile to make it not creepy.

And I don't actually stare down the person. Rather I throw quick glances and let them catch one of them.

I have the limiter set on five seconds before I look away.

Also, if I smile and she maintains eye-contact but doesn't smile, what does that mean?

Edited by R3d

It's cute if I catch him once or twice. After that if he's still doing it but hasn't talked to me, it crosses into scary / creepy.

Stop eye flirting & start talking to her. Since she's in your class, ask her to study together.